Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Jessies Build - Baldivis - New Generation - KEYS

Page 30 of 35
Oh really? Hmm, I did ask SS on PCI day and he said he rarly gets calls anymore about people wanting to look at the house and he said most banks dont really bother any more. Got my hopes up a bit!

They better hurry up and do their drive by then!
So now the evaluator has called and asked if i can open up between 9:30 and 10:00am tomorrow.. Does he not realise i dont have keys to open up for him, because he hasnt done the evaluation!!!

Oh well at least i know where we are at with it all, stupid evaluator
*fingers crossed* they get it sorted!

What did you use to seal the pavers and how difficult was it? We were going to get someone to do it but was abut more then I'd hoped and he's been a bit unreliable getting back to me?
Yer I would like to know as well why did you seal the pavers and what did you use etc
I used Crommelins 6L Wet Look paving sealer from bunnings this one here :

http://www.bunnings.com.au/crommelin-6l ... r_p0960102

I brought 2x 6L tins and a small tin of thinners in the same brand cause you have to do the first layer mixed with thinners. I ran out and had to buy more though. Each tin says it does 18-30 square metres. So i used around 2 and a bit tins for the 1st coat and let it dry then came back yesterday and did the second coat and really slapped it on
especially where engines would sit. Still had a bit left, but didn’t get to do the portico area.

I used a roller which worked so much better than a paint brush, I just used the brush for the outside so you don’t get sand in the roller. Also swept the driveway about 3 times and vacuumed it yesterday before the second coat. There was quite a lot of concrete stuck to the driveway as well which looked $hit! So i used a flat head screwdriver and it got it off really well! Cause theres so much yellow sand around it did take a while to remove it all, got most of it. It wasnt that hard really, did it sunday arvo and monday after work and now its all done
It says not to drive on it for 7 days so it would have been a bit hard to seal it once moved in.

Also i now LOVE the look of my driveway, much darker
Main reason for sealing the pavers was because I have 4 cars and I know at least 3 of them leak either coolant or oil and I didn't want my pretty pavers stained. Hopefully sealing them should help
Wow that's a big job it must make you feel proud good work
Thanks bcalfi
Im so glad i did it!

So the valuation has been comlpeted and the report will be sent tomorrow, and apparently the payment will be made on Friday. I doubt i will get keys friday so hoping for monday!
So glad the payment timing worked out ok in the end for you, Jessie
Jessie1
Thanks bcalfi
Im so glad i did it!

So the valuation has been comlpeted and the report will be sent tomorrow, and apparently the payment will be made on Friday. I doubt i will get keys friday so hoping for monday!

Jessie call new gen and book in for Friday, late afternoon, and then you can cancel or change the time if needed.

Ours was the same valuation on wed, and I asked the bank for a cheque to new gen, called by bank first thing on the Friday to say I could collect the cheque so I call new gen and changed my appointment with them for the morning

Good idea might do the cheque thing too we now have our PCI date
bcalfi
Good idea might do the cheque thing too we now have our PCI date

It made things quicker cos then I didn't have to wait for the builder to see the funds in their account

Just call the progress payment section of your bank

Yer thanks will do bit stressed about trades starting too
Thanks ronni, got an appointment at 3:30 on Friday to get keys if money has gone through. Other wise if the bank writes a letter confirming they transferred the funds i can also get keys.
That's cool Jessie we all can have a park party once everyone is in whoop whoop
And ronni thanks once again for taking pics of our slab
bcalfi
And ronni thanks once again for taking pics of our slab

You welcome, happy to help

So i hassled my mortgage broker for a confirmation letter and she called the bank but they would not release confirmation to her BUT she did find out that the money has gone so it should be with summit tomorow morning, which means KEYS!!!
YAY!!!!! How exciting
SUPER EXCITED!

SS said painting touch ups are done but the shower screen strip is yet to be replaced so cant use the front door yet, although its apparently getting done today. Truck hire has been booked, delivery of all my new appliances and goodies has been booked
Purchasing some more goodies this weekend, this is by far the best part
Jessie if you do use your front door it's not an issue I used mine and. wayne just worked around me for access and didn't delay anything

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum