Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 30 of 364
We're yet to color select OR tender ... I know that we're going to freak when we get our figures as I have very expensive taste

Poor Hubby... this was all his stupid idea...
Hi all. While I was reading my HIA contract today, I almost woke up the whole neighbourhood when I shouted !$%E%^#$%@#$% .... The time for completion for my Oxford22 is 240 days.. that is 8 months!!!!!!! I was told repeatedly from the salesperson in the display house, to the colour selection, to the tender appointment "o yeah, it is a small house so maybe 18 to 20 weeks. but probably 18 weeks"..

there had been little things that i am annoyed with Carlisle but this is just ridiculous.. 240 days for a small t-range home??? i remember i read somewhere in the forum that someone had 270days for completion on a 40square double storey house from Carlisle also.

anyone had a success negotiating with Carlisle regarding the time of completion?

thanks..
Yes you're right SuH. The clear glass is already included in our Atlantique and to upgrade to the starfire we were quoted $495. I don't have metallic paint it's just flat white so the plain glass will throw too much green. I think $500 is expensive and it was a shock but I love it and will be getting it!
draco76
Hi all. While I was reading my HIA contract today, I almost woke up the whole neighbourhood when I shouted !$%E%^#$%@#$% .... The time for completion for my Oxford22 is 240 days.. that is 8 months!!!!!!! I was told repeatedly from the salesperson in the display house, to the colour selection, to the tender appointment "o yeah, it is a small house so maybe 18 to 20 weeks. but probably 18 weeks"..

there had been little things that i am annoyed with Carlisle but this is just ridiculous.. 240 days for a small t-range home??? i remember i read somewhere in the forum that someone had 270days for completion on a 40square double storey house from Carlisle also.

anyone had a success negotiating with Carlisle regarding the time of completion?

thanks..

Hey draco

My understanding is that the 240 days are pretty standard HIA requirements that builders do not go over the allocated days without some compensation to the clients. In saying that most (not all) builders manage to build their houses way under this timeframe - particularly single stories and especially volume designs.

I have heard from other carlislers that their T Range homes single storey have gone up really quickly - 4 - 5 months easily without any issue. I doubt they will change the completion date for you, but I don't believe that it will generally take this long. Have a chat to them and see what they say.

Good luck
Lindsay
Draco it is the same deal no matter what builder unfortunately.

Our HIA contract with Porter Davis has 227 days our Carlisle one has 240.

A friend at work building with Big M had 323 for a double story! To be honest I think they just pull the number out of thin air.

Take some solace from the fact that it is in the builders interest as well yours to finish as quickly as possible.
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that where I got up to. Sorry, work has been very busy

We are scheduled for final handover inspection tomorrow and I have been told that if there are outstanding items, they will give me a letter of undertaking to complete work after Christmas.....

I don't know, I will have to see what the "outstanding" work will be. I know one thing for sure is they don't have my perspex doors...which has nothing to do with the vandalism.
ooohhh nice moogle.. so you will still be in your new home for Christmas..
Ooh good luck tomorrow moogle!!

News on my front - We finally recieved our final drawings today to sign off... after we had our site scrape about 1.5 months ago!!!

Quick question... Has anyone had corner cupboards put in their kitchen? First CH said they would, but now they won't do it
Cool moogle!

Bring on a happy moogle

Sara, we have corner cabs n our kitchen....why cant they do corners?
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been very busy trying to sort out everything with the new house. There are still some outstanding items e.g. my missing and mismatched perspex doors but at the assurance from Carlisle Homes that they will get these issues sort out early in the new year, we decided to settle and move in.
So far no vandals in sight and I'm generally happy with the house and the effort that Carlisle has put in to deliver the house before Christmas so I'm a happy moogle

I would very much like to thank everyone for your support, especially matt with your follow up and for your advice!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year and look forward to coming back with photos of the new house!

Cheers,
moogle
Yay!!!

We like a happy Moogle.

Good news Moogle! I am sure things will be settled for you early in the year
Hey Moogle - that's great news. Let us know how it goes..

Some Carlisle news: my sister is trawling through display homes and I think the salespeople from Tarneit and Point Cook have swapped. My sister is on the phone to me as she is now in the market - not sure what she will do!

From my side of town - great news, not so great news, and bad news!!

Ok, bad news - Husband lost job Christmas Eve!
Not so great news - we have to put our building plans on hold until he scores another job.
The great news is that two kids later and after being told we couldn't have anymore I'm unexpectedly expecting again!! Babe number three and we are totally excited. Irony is that we really need a bigger house now!!

Anyway unfortunately won't have much to contribute in the way of building for the time being, but will still be following everyone else's!! Good luck!
Congratulations Lindsay! - plenty jealous of the baby, wish it was me!
As for hubby, hope it doesn't take too long for him to find something else that he enjoys.
And Moogle, hope you are enjoying your gorgeous new house.
hi lindsay,

Congrats on the baby ... shame about the hubby!

Best of luck with it all!
Thanks Matt and Mrs G for your well wishes.

My sister did the big display houses junket yesterday in point cook, tarneit and williams landing. Busy girl. From a Carlisle point of view she tells me that the sales people have indeed swapped with Phillip now in Point Cook.

Also, they have a new booklet and two new houses which she understands will be built in Williams landing. Single story and double. Can't remember the names, but she says the floorplans are in the new book.

Just to let you know....
Guess who's back?!

In my opinion, I think this thread has crashed and burned in my absence.. only one page of posts was made in the last month..

I will ensure this thread stays popular and informative, with or without my presence.

There is quite a lot of Carlisle news and updates you Carlislers should know about!
But Ill get onto that a little later.

BTW, hope you all had a Merry Christmas and HNY '10!
BTW, all these updates are legitimate and have been sourced from the Carlisle website.
Just getting this thread to 600 posts.

I have edited the thread title to encourage more discussion about Carlisle's new state of the art selection centre Spectra.

Show us your colour selections here! It would also be good to hear of peoples experiences there as well. Word has it though, in this forum, that it is fantastic! I cant say much about it, as I haven't been there!
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum