Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Wisdom Prosperity 23- We are in and loving it!

Page 30 of 33
principessa
Yay for the driveway! Looks fabulous!!
It really does finish the house off

I like action shots! I also like how they put socks on your pillars

What's left to do now? Carpet?

Thanks principessa!

yeah, they put socks on the piers, very neat! our neighbours (who all did their own driveway) were really jealous and impressed with our socks!

I think what's left is: carpets, flyscreens, paint and plaster touch ups, gas connection and... Not sure! I guess we are close to the end and it's very exciting and scary!
I knew it, could tell by the plastic sheeting on the pic you posted earlier. I'm a quick one I tell you!
Ooooh its looking so finished now!
Driveway looks great....makes it complete.
Better start that packing even if it means sleeping on top of the boxes

Loretta
Hi Jochicho - Driveway looks fab. The colour scheme is really good, it all links together nicely.
waylow
I knew it, could tell by the plastic sheeting on the pic you posted earlier. I'm a quick one I tell you!

pfft

Hey Jochicho, driveway is making me get butterflies in my tummy, you are nearly there... Nope, we haven't upgraded our splashback, but I wanted mosaic tiles originally, Mark won that battle but secretly, I think I will thank him later for that
waylow

You sure are! they did the formwork and then came back quite a few days later to pour it.. Here is a pic in daytime!

lisanne
Ooooh its looking so finished now!

I know, I can't believe it!

JohnnyD
Driveway looks great....makes it complete.
Better start that packing even if it means sleeping on top of the boxes

Loretta

Thanks Loretta.
Yeah, I think I really better start packing (and sleeping on top of the boxes as we won't fit) because there's really not much left!

KnockItDown
Hi Jochicho - Driveway looks fab. The colour scheme is really good, it all links together nicely.

Thanks Leonard
we think we've done ok...

princessfee
waylow

pfft

princessfee
Hey Jochicho, driveway is making me get butterflies in my tummy, you are nearly there... Nope, we haven't upgraded our splashback, but I wanted mosaic tiles originally, Mark won that battle but secretly, I think I will thank him later for that

Thanks Fee! you are just too cute!

You know what? I think you'll secretly thank him too!
But we won't tell him as he's too clever for his own good
Oh... and one more thing...

The timber floors have been sanded and polished!
pics in the blog!
OMG!!!!!!!!
Those floors are just divine!!!!!!!! They look AMAZING!!!!!

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of timber floors, but yours look sooooooo good! I especially like the dark ridge bits in the boards - adds a lot of character!! Are you happy with the colour now?

Not long now!
principessa
OMG!!!!!!!!
Those floors are just divine!!!!!!!! They look AMAZING!!!!!

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of timber floors, but yours look sooooooo good! I especially like the dark ridge bits in the boards - adds a lot of character!! Are you happy with the colour now?

Not long now!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! you are too sweet!

We went for standard grade on the timber (middle grade) to make sure that it had character, I don't like the "perfect" ones at all (they look fake).

Yeah, much happier with the colour, they've lighten up a bit now and I'll get used to them anwyay. They are not as light as I had in mind (our friends used a water based finish instead of oil base) but they still look great.
Timber floors look good, I hope I can do half as good a job
I love the 130mm boards, but I cant stand the fact you have to top nail them as well as secret nail. I hate seeing the nail holes! Did they do they stair treads in the opposide direction to the main floors?
the floorboards are awesome!! I agree they look better 'imperfect', well done!

I am loving your driveway and facade too, which bricks did you go with? looks great!!

Caz
Very nice
Your floors look STUNNING!!!!!! I also never get tired of shots of that view....loooooove it.
The daylight pic of your driveway looks more like the proper colour....dare I say that the other pics looked a bit brown.
Funny thing I was thinking of doing a plain concrete with a brick border too but after seeing your driveway & another one near our block yesterday might change my mind.I agree it won't show up marks & stains as much.Thanks again Jochicho!!

Btw spoke to our builder & we are getting peg out on Monday & site scrape Tuesday...YAY.

So as your build nears the end ours is starting....Its a cycle isn't it?

Loretta
waylow
Timber floors look good, I hope I can do half as good a job
I

Thanks Waylow! I am sure you'll do a great job, from what I hear you are pretty good on the tools!

waylow
I love the 130mm boards, but I cant stand the fact you have to top nail them as well as secret nail. I hate seeing the nail holes! Did they do they stair treads in the opposide direction to the main floors?

That's what hubby said (didn't want to see the nail holes) but I think they add to the character and you can hardly see them, hubby agrees how (he's a carpenter's son so very pedantic with his timber...) I'll have to take a close up pic for you.

Yeah, he did the stair tread the opposite direction as you really don't want 6 odd boards 250mm (or the like, not sure how wide the thread of the stair is) long on the stair, it would look to busy, you want to run the timber paralell to the stairs. I guess you'll be running the boards the same way as us (vertically from front door). He did a bull nose finish on the stairs too.
cazoraz
the floorboards are awesome!! I agree they look better 'imperfect', well done!

I am loving your driveway and facade too, which bricks did you go with? looks great!!

Caz

Thanks Caz! The bricks are Austral Symmetry Asphalt. Their colour varies from olive ish, to grey/brown ish... who knows! they are smooth face too.
Hels
Very nice

Thanks Hels!
JohnnyD
Your floors look STUNNING!!!!!! I also never get tired of shots of that view....loooooove it.
The daylight pic of your driveway looks more like the proper colour....dare I say that the other pics looked a bit brown.

Thanks! The view is what got us Loretta!

IT'S NOT BROWN!
you little bugger!

JohnnyD
Funny thing I was thinking of doing a plain concrete with a brick border too but after seeing your driveway & another one near our block yesterday might change my mind.I agree it won't show up marks & stains as much.Thanks again Jochicho!!

Btw spoke to our builder & we are getting peg out on Monday & site scrape Tuesday...YAY.

So as your build nears the end ours is starting....Its a cycle isn't it?

Loretta

Yeah, we changed our mind about the driveway too after seeing our neighbours one an dthen Danma's and BB too, it was lingering in the back of my mind and we changed it at the last minute!
My pleasure, this forum is fantastic!

Congratulations on site start Loretta! the action starts for you now! Yep, a cycle and I hope you have a lovely build too! I will be watching it with interest!
congratz jochico! wow, you're almost at the finish line!
loving that floor! very nice!
Related
27/06/2023
Wisdom home facade

Building A New House

Hi, guys! If you've built with Wisdom Homes, would you mind sharing images of your front facades once they're all rendered? I'm considering signing up with them for a wide…

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum