Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 282 of 862
Had a great day today
Met with my SS to go over a couple of things in the house, he's fabulous as he'd rather we let him know of little things as we go rather than wait for PCI. He was pretty aware of the things I raised but also agreed with me about the tiling of one of the shower floors being a bit average so will get it redone. Overall the tiler has done a fabulous job so really happy.
Painter was there finishing off paintwork and patching. Front door has been painted and can't wait to see the stairs stained.

Most importantly we got PCI date (4 weeks) and handover 2 weeks later. SS said he'll accept payment so we don't have to drive to the PD office which takes about 1hr 15mins from our place

Spent the weekend picking curtains and blinds and met with our landscape designer. Just waiting on the quote for window furnishings....could be an expensive exercise.

To those having admin frustrations, it does all come together and you'll get to the exciting bit soon.

Rups & Leanne very excited that it all went so well.

Zinner - No words for you
it just sucks
mynewlife
Is there anyone out there that didnhttps://forum.homeone.com.au/posting ... p=882307't go for the bi-fold doors to the Alfresco area. I would love to see some photos to get an idea what it looks like. I love the bifolds, but don't think I can justify the price.

These are the stacking sliders we saw and went from that we couldn't justify the cost and maintenance needed to keep the bi-fold doors working to their best. Don't mind me doing the sexy posing in the pictures was quite tired and overwhelmed by display homes at that stage.
hi guys for those intrested have just updated blog after 2 weeks.

mynewlife you might be intrested in the rear doors on the alfresco for something different from bifolds.
Thx for the support guys.

I would just like to make sure that anyone who is about to sign a contract with any builder doesn't make the same mistake(s) I did.

Make sure before you sign your building contract that any penalties or liquidated damages WILL ACTUALLY COVER YOUR COSTS IF YOUR BUILD GOES OVER!!!!!!
I am still waiting for resolution to the water bill issue, on the 29th May, a signed copy of the building variation was sent to the office, and not a word since. I have called every day no call returned.

Unbelievable.

During the build everything was awesome.. soon as those keys are in your hot little hand, forget it. Nothing gets done.

Why?

It costs them money.

Would I build again with PD? Probably not. Will I recommend them? Well 5 months ago yes, but now, not really.
Apparently, the PD office is over run trying to deal with First Home Owners applications before the June 30 deadline. (Or so the lovely Carol tried to explain)
Sounds like not enough staff, and/or not enough care for the rest of us at the moment!
I just want my build to staaaaaarrtttt!
Its magic..
Has anyone had a fireplace installed after handover.

can anyone recommend where to buy a fireplace from.
Wateman
Is anybody following up over the cat 5e plugs?

Update on our Cat5e / Cat6 issue.. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&p=871301#p871301

I reported it to our SS and after a few follow-ups Argus organised a techie visit. The techie said that the cables they provide are all Cat6, but since Cat6 sockets are expensive these are only provided if the customer specifically asks and pays for the same else Cat5e sockets are provided. He checked with his office and said that we were only supposed to get Cat5e sockets.

Since our network drawings explicitly mentioned Cat6 sockets, I sent them to the SS who organised another visit from the Argus technician and our sockets are now all Cat6 !

I suggest you follow up with PD if your contract/drawings state Cat6 but you got Cat5e instead.
baronx
Wateman
Is anybody following up over the cat 5e plugs?

Update on our Cat5e / Cat6 issue.. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&p=871301#p871301

I reported it to our SS and after a few follow-ups Argus organised a techie visit. The techie said that the cables they provide are all Cat6, but since Cat6 sockets are expensive these are only provided if the customer specifically asks and pays for the same else Cat5e sockets are provided. He checked with his office and said that we were only supposed to get Cat5e sockets.

Since our network drawings explicitly mentioned Cat6 sockets, I sent them to the SS who organised another visit from the Argus technician and our sockets are now all Cat6 !

I suggest you follow up with PD if your contract/drawings state Cat6 but you got Cat5e instead.

Hi

On what page of the contract do they specify the Cat5 or Cat6 sockets.

Cheers - J & C
J & C
Hi

On what page of the contract do they specify the Cat5 or Cat6 sockets.

Cheers - J & C

We didn't have any mention of the specifics in the contract, but the drawing attached to the Argus selections explicitly mentioned Cat6 data points.
Our frame was completed yesterday
Our inspector is going out tomorrow to do his thing. Hopefully our little man will be well enough to make the drive tomorrow so we can check it out too! (he is miserable with tonsillitis
)
humble
I am still waiting for resolution to the water bill issue, on the 29th May, a signed copy of the building variation was sent to the office, and not a word since. I have called every day no call returned.

Unbelievable.

During the build everything was awesome.. soon as those keys are in your hot little hand, forget it. Nothing gets done.

Why?

It costs them money.

Would I build again with PD? Probably not. Will I recommend them? Well 5 months ago yes, but now, not really.

Hi humble,

I did follow up regarding the cheque so I just wanted to touch base and see if you’ve either received your cheque or a call from the PD office to let you know when it would be delivered to you? Regards, Ebony
Can someone that have done their electrical after handover let me know how much you have paid for LED lights (complete fit out), stair lights (complete fit out) and extra double points.
Team PD
humble

Unbelievable.

Why?

It costs them money.

Hi humble,

I did follow up regarding the cheque so I just wanted to touch base and see if you’ve either received your cheque or a call from the PD office to let you know when it would be delivered to you? Regards, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

I did get a call, hopefully I have the cheaque in the next couple of days. Its taken 14 weeks to get sorted.

Started on 14th June and got my slab done today..yesss
michaelrezk

Woohoo!

We went and checked out our completed frame yesterday
. Heaps of pictures on the blog.
hi monkeypantz, its a great feeling seeing it all happen and i think once you see the frame up it makes it feel all for real! and all the hard work you put in to get this far.

Just updated blog for those that are intrested in our build.......
ma2531
hi monkeypantz, its a great feeling seeing it all happen and i think once you see the frame up it makes it feel all for real! and all the hard work you put in to get this far.

Just updated blog for those that are intrested in our build.......

It's looking fantastic ma! And it sounds like you have a great site supervisor.
monkeypantz
michaelrezk

Woohoo!

We went and checked out our completed frame yesterday
. Heaps of pictures on the blog.

That's amazing having the frame up.
When did you start on your site ???
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum