Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Bardia - New Breeze

Page 29 of 69
wentworth33
juliennegd
wentworth33
Manage to talk to them today.

Schedule.. Mid - End April 2018 for registration for Lot 5 series if Council didnt delay.

There is possibilities of early registration.

The developer will start sending emails to owners on Monday onwards to notify the update.

So its now with the council?

Do you mean settlement is Mid-End April?

When can we do valuation?

Thanks again

The developer will send email sometime this week to all owner to allow them to do evaluation by schedule.

Right. Thank you

Time to prepare
Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad you're all here! I've read through this entire thread, and your advice and input has been so invaluable.

My husband and I put down a deposit for 400 sqm block in the Park side release over the weekend, but after reading this thread I realised that we wouldn't be able to build the size house we're after on the same land and have now changed to a 530 sqm corner plot (lot 129), three plots down from the original land we had wanted. It's still within a walking distance to the school and the town centre/station, but does come with some further conditions.

Is anyone building on a corner? I'm curious to see houses on similar size and shaped land.
Cooky
Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad you're all here! I've read through this entire thread, and your advice and input has been so invaluable.

My husband and I put down a deposit for 400 sqm block in the Park side release over the weekend, but after reading this thread I realised that we wouldn't be able to build the size house we're after on the same land and have now changed to a 530 sqm corner plot (lot 129), three plots down from the original land we had wanted. It's still within a walking distance to the school and the town centre/station, but does come with some further conditions.

Is anyone building on a corner? I'm curious to see houses on similar size and shaped land.

Hi Cooky,
I am on a corner, Lot 4049 (2 Pakchon Street). My lot is 100 sqm smaller that the one you have and mine came with high slope, sewer line, maintenance easement....so basically a lot of hoops to jump thru and pay up for. Mine is a single level house...what are you planning?
Cheers.
I have a lot in release 6A and lot number 2060. The frontage and rear side are 12.9 and 9.5 m wide respectively. It is a corner lot with rear garrage.I am bit confused about the nature of garrage.

Would it be attached or detatached garrage? Please share your thoughts if anyone know about this
Tayyab
I have a lot in release 6A and lot number 2060. The frontage and rear width is 12.9 and 9.5 m respectively. I is corner lot with rear garrage.I am bit confused about the nature of garrage.

Would it be attached or detatached garrage? Please share your thoughts if anyone know about this

One option is to check with Jesse @ New Breeze - if your lot is a designated SMART LIVING lot that requires a detached garage.
Thanks IamSAM.

My lot is designated as SMART LIVING and I had a chat with Jesse @ New Breeze and he said it could be detached. Currently I am in discussion with builder and builder said it can be both attached or detached (Builder got info from Council). I want attached garrage becase detach costing more.

If it is detachd then how much meters need to leave between rear garrage and back of house?
Tayyab
Thanks IamSAM.

My lot is designated as SMART LIVING and I had a chat with Jesse @ New Breeze and he said it could be detached. Currently I am in discussion with builder and builder said it can be both attached or detached (Builder got info from Council). I want attached garrage becase detach costing more.

If it is detachd then how much meters need to leave between rear garrage and back of house?

I was on same boat, however I attach my garage, I had 1m slope in mid of garage and that was costing more, so I had to go for detached. You can do both ways. In regard to how much space to be left, look at Edmondson DCP . Download from council website. Basically what you are after is PPOS(Principal private open space). That's how much space you need to leave as long as you also meet max build criteria. That's also in DCP. So my PPOS was 4x6m of open space between house and garage. Hope it helps. Cheers
IamSAM
Cooky
Hi Everyone,

Hi Cooky,
I am on a corner, Lot 4049 (2 Pakchon Street). My lot is 100 sqm smaller that the one you have and mine came with high slope, sewer line, maintenance easement....so basically a lot of hoops to jump thru and pay up for. Mine is a single level house...what are you planning?
Cheers.

I wish I had seen DCP and its conditions before buying the land too. Anyway, with what I want I am still not compliant and at council's mercy. They may ask to change and I have plan B and C as well. Only thing is this council works at snail pace which will delay me by months atleast.
Hi cooky i am building on a corner lot 5068 it is 489sqm. I currently have concept plans drawn up for a double story plus a detached double garage with a secondary dwelling. I will be posting on this forum to help others out as soon as it goes threw CDC there are a few of us with corner lots on here. Hopefully there won’t be any issues with the CDC. I wanted to go larger as well but unfortunately there is a maximum sqm we can go. So it is as large as i can possibly have it. Great news on the registration cant wait!!!
Tolgz
Hi cooky i am building on a corner lot 5068 it is 489sqm. I currently have concept plans drawn up for a double story plus a detached double garage with a secondary dwelling. I will be posting on this forum to help others out as soon as it goes threw CDC there are a few of us with corner lots on here. Hopefully there won’t be any issues with the CDC. I wanted to go larger as well but unfortunately there is a maximum sqm we can go. So it is as large as i can possibly have it. Great news on the registration cant wait!!!
Hi Tolgz,

How do you get a 2nd dwelling on 489sqm block?

IamSAM
Cooky
Hi Everyone,

Hi Cooky,
Cheers.

Thanks for your reply IamSAM

We are looking to build a two storey 5 bedroom home, that has a separate guest bedroom downstairs and a study. A formal living would be nice too, although we can go without this if need be.

The guest bedroom is absolutely a requirement as we have lots of friends and family that routinely stay over and in the future, we anticipate that our parents will move in with us. And the study is also required as both my husband and I often work from home.

We liked the Masterton TEMPUS Grande design which would have been nice on the 400 sqm block, but given that I can't exceed more than 270 sqm, the design was no longer feasible and upon further investigation, it seemed on the 400 sqm block, we'd be sacrificing a fair bit. We currently live in Ingleburn (562qm block) in a 6 bedroom home, with study so aren't looking to downsize as we renovated our house (upstairs extension) but our eldest is starting school next year and we'd like him to go to Bardia Public hence the move.

I've been looking at corner block designs, but am not finding a great deal and really want to utilise the full 330 sqm allowed on the block for our house.

Who are you building with?
Tolgz

Hi tolgz that sounds great! I presume your second building is granny flat?

From what I've read and understood, the second dwelling on land 450 sqm+ cannot exceed 60 sqm in size, which is slightly bigger than your average granny flat. We considered this option too, with having a smaller home and a granny flat in the back instead for my parents/guests but as I'm in the very early stages, I haven't yet spoken to our architect.

We won't be going with a big builder, just going with the builder who did our extension. He was great to deal with and helped us save lots of $$ during our renovations. The architect fees are also $1500, which lets us do a fully customised house instead of being charged variation fees by the likes of Masterton etc.

I will be looking out for your posts - sounds very interesting and definitely a wonderful use of your land.
Cooky
[
We are looking to build a two storey 5 bedroom home, that has a separate guest bedroom downstairs and a study. A formal living would be nice too, although we can go without this if need be.

We liked the Masterton TEMPUS Grande design which would have been nice on the 400 sqm block, but given that I can't exceed more than 270 sqm, the design was no longer feasible and upon further investigation, it seemed on the 400 sqm block, we'd be sacrificing a fair bit. We currently live in Ingleburn (562qm block) in a 6 bedroom home, with study.

I've been looking at corner block designs, but am not finding a great deal and really want to utilise the full 330 sqm allowed on the block for our house.

Hi Cooky,

We have some similarities, I'm also in ingleburn, 558sqm.

The Mastering Tempus Grande looks great (I couldn't see the 5br option)

We will be building a Manhattan 44ens which is 335sqm internal space. As it excludes voids, 1 car space, balconies, and alfresco.

Speak to your Masterton sales rep and ask them to validate the home you want on the block you have.

Hope this helps.

Hi all

Over the weekend my husband and I put down a deposit for Lot 150.
I have a few questions for which I would appreciate input.
Does anyone know what "series" this lot falls under?
When they say registration is Mar-Jun 2019, is that an accurate time-frame?
Our lot is 12.5m(W) x 30m(L). As we can only use max 270sqm of floor space, can we still build a 35 or 36 square double story house on this? I am currently looking at Wisdom Ambassador 36 square. I also like Metricon Salamanca 34 and get the feeling this will fit.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Icthys99
Hi all

Does anyone know what "series" this lot falls under?
When they say registration is Mar-Jun 2019, is that an accurate time-frame?
Our lot is 12.5m(W) x 30m(L). As we can only use max 270sqm of floor space, can we still build a 35 or 36 square double story house on this? I am currently looking at Wisdom Ambassador 36 square. I also like Metricon Salamanca 34 and get the feeling this will fit.

Please expect delay on the timeframe.

Your max building is 270sqm you cam only do up to 30square.
I have heard that the 270sqm excludes external walls, outdoor areas and half of the garage. This is according to a builder. Is this accurate information? I wish I could verify all these regulatory requirements against a formal/legally binding document!
Garage is included. Alfresco, porch and voids excluded
GLO
Cooky
[

We liked the Masterton TEMPUS Grande design which would have been nice on the 400 sqm block, but given that I can't exceed more than 270 sqm, the design was no longer feasible and upon further investigation, it seemed on the 400 sqm block, we'd be sacrificing a fair bit. We currently live in Ingleburn (562qm block) in a 6 bedroom home, with study.

Hi Cooky,

We have some similarities, I'm also in ingleburn, 558sqm.

The Mastering Tempus Grande looks great (I couldn't see the 5br option)

We will be building a Manhattan 44ens which is 335sqm internal space. As it excludes voids, 1 car space, balconies, and alfresco.

Speak to your Masterton sales rep and ask them to validate the home you want on the block you have.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for this information. I've booked an appointment with a Masterton consultant next week. Hope to hear some good news regarding what we can build on the land.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on a corner block? If so, what size?
Icthys99
Hi all

Hi Icthys99,

I got this from another forum member who is building an ambassador 36.

GROUND FLOOR LIVING: 143.25m2
FIRST FLOOR LIVING: 138.56m2
GARAGE: 36.41m2
PORCH: 4.74m2
OUTDOOR LEISURE: 17.88m2
REAR BALCONY: 18.77m2
TOTAL FLOOR AREA: 359.61m2

Based on the above, the Wisdom Ambassador 36 total internal floor space is:
143.25+138.56+36.41= 318.22m2
Less:
2nd car space 18m2
Voids 6m2
Stairs 2.5m2
Walls 2.5m2

Total approx floor space 318.22m2-29m2= 289.22m2

That exceeds by 7% but I'm not sure if you will have a better chance going via council or private certifier.

Hi GLO
The secondary dwelling is the granny flat
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum