Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - Custom Design in Ipswich - Fireplace & TV

Page 29 of 29
Thanks guys!
Beautiful allblaqk!

love it! we were looking at the same one...
see how much money we have left after buying couches and appliances.
gr8ly
love it! we were looking at the same one...
see how much money we have left after buying couches and appliances.

It adds up quickly! We had most things included in the build but still found a way to spend money lol
Took me over two years but I finally got a rug for the dining table area. I still love the ones I previously posted in here, but I couldn't justify the price when they boys have ruined all the other rugs. I got this one from ebay for $232 - 200cm x 290cm. Matches the chairs perfectly!

Hi Allblaqk

We are planning build with jkw too, just wondering hows everything..eg.quality defect etc

Are they easy to work with?

Ty
Hey,

Amazing quality, really can't complain - only things we noticed over time was the paintwork was average - couple of drips here and there, some thin spots. It seems pretty rampant in the industry though so not so much a JKW problem.

We had no settling/cracking etc. Everything worked properly. Incredibly easy to work with, very flexible, as noted in this thread like the render and the media wall. However the communication was really quite average and that's putting it nicely. At one point there was no comms for so long I thought they'd fell into administration. And the build time went way over as mentioned. But otherwise can't complain. If you're getting a custom plan drawn up like we did I would spend a LONG time looking over it. As time went on a lot of things bothered me in that house that really came down to poor planning/design.
allblaqk
Hey,

Amazing quality, really can't complain - only things we noticed over time was the paintwork was average - couple of drips here and there, some thin spots. It seems pretty rampant in the industry though so not so much a JKW problem.

We had no settling/cracking etc. Everything worked properly. Incredibly easy to work with, very flexible, as noted in this thread like the render and the media wall. However the communication was really quite average and that's putting it nicely. At one point there was no comms for so long I thought they'd fell into administration. And the build time went way over as mentioned. But otherwise can't complain. If you're getting a custom plan drawn up like we did I would spend a LONG time looking over it. As time went on a lot of things bothered me in that house that really came down to poor planning/design.

Thank you 😊 for replying me so thoroughly

Make me feel so much better going with it

Congratulations with your home 🏡 good to live in a home you ❤
allblaqk Are you happy with your choice of Basalt for the roof? I'm building a house on the Sunshine Coast and really love the look of Basalt for my roof but keep hearing that I should choose a lighter roof because of the heat up here.
I'd do a lighter colour next time. I loved the colour but I think lighter is smarter. However, I don't know if it really contributed much *extra* heat when compared to the orientation of the house and the hot western sun that blasted the house for hours every afternoon.
Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum