Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 280 of 862
Anyone know the legal requirements of passing on the occupancy permit and plumbing certificates? At settlement they had the wrong address on them and we refused to take them (even though they tried to talk us into saying it was normal
)

Sitting here 3 months after settlement and still haven't received them despite -
- 4 calls to the customer service rep to chase up
- calls to the building commission to explain the stuff up. Spoke to a really helpful person who agreed that they could be changed to the correct address - but PD had to initiate it. Passed the details on to the CS rep and still no action taken!

Has anyone else had this issue. Feel that PD have no idea.

Cheers,
Mark
Can anyone advise what sort of life expectancy we should get out of a Cat 1 carpet? ours is just on 12 mths old and already showing signs of wear and looks like its been sqashed flat. Granted, its in areas that I would consider high traffic but we are not a heard of elephants living at the house
ml2012
humble
Surprise surprise.. I swear people go into hiding at PD. So the person we were dealing with in regards to our water has left, her last email to us was 'cheque on the way' that was 2 weeks ago.

STILL NO CHEQUE!

Ebony, you do a lovely job, but really, its all in vain, your support personal onsite in offices while appearing to be helpfull, really arent.

Its been nearly 3 months since correspondence started over the water, and still I have no cheque, just a promise of one from someone who doesn't work there anymore.

Speak directly to your Accounts Receivable person who chases your stage payments. Ask if the customer service person has filled in the paperwork. We waited 6 weeks for a cheque that was promised the next day after settlement. Found out they didn't pass on the request.

That's exactly what I am talking about.
0% accuracy and care when it's needed most !
Wateman
Team PD
..I want to reassure you that there is only 1 of me and that if you ever you require any further assistance from me that you please ask me or send me a private message as I’m always delighted to help or escalate issues where possible. Cheers, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Any chance you could help me (hopefully) one last time?
We have a couple of outstanding issues and are no longer getting any help from my BC or SS.
The lock on our rear garage door does not fit our key at all. The lock is completely different to the rest of the house. My SS has known about this for a couple of weeks now but I havent heard one word of response about it.
Also the phone set up in our smart wiring box is not comparable for our estate, so while we have Internet, our phone plugs are useless. Our SS has known about this for a month now.

I have tried being patient and polite but
with no real responses helping in any way I am beginning to get very frustrated!

Hi Wateman,

I’m just following up on the progress of your issues you had with your garage door and smart box wiring. Has your SS been in contact with you to discuss this? Cheers, Ebony
My site started and SS called my to confirm Slab is getting Poured on the 21st..
Team PD
Hi Wateman,

I’m just following up on the progress of your issues you had with your garage door and smart box wiring. Has your SS been in contact with you to discuss this? Cheers, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

It definitely got me somewhere thank you. I have had a call from my SS to arrange a time to get the lock fixed and he hassled Argus enough to get them to call me an arrange a time to fix our phone wiring too!
I'll wait till it is all done before I get too excited, but it's definitely further than I have gotten in the past month do thank you very much!
Still nothing from PD.

Might camp at the West Office on Monday.
Hey Humble, your not with Melbourne Water are you????
nutta
Hey Humble, your not with Melbourne Water are you????

Yer how funny. City West actually, same same but different.
Handover is on for tomorrow morning...! Just about everything from PCI is done, just a couple of things need painting on the outside (weather has been a bit of a problem), but hopefully that gets done in the morning!

Finally, after a year and a half of planning, designing, changing our minds, and hassling PD staff, the final cheques ready to go, trades all booked in for the next few weeks, and move date scheduled for 1/7... Hurrah!
Rups
Handover is on for tomorrow morning...! Just about everything from PCI is done, just a couple of things need painting on the outside (weather has been a bit of a problem), but hopefully that gets done in the morning!

Finally, after a year and a half of planning, designing, changing our minds, and hassling PD staff, the final cheques ready to go, trades all booked in for the next few weeks, and move date scheduled for 1/7... Hurrah!

Congrats!
Yay Rups & Leanne!! So excited for you guys. I knew I'd be last

Can't wait to see it all finished
Rups

Congratulations and All the best!
[*]
Rups

Gratz Rups!!

....you beat me...
congrts Rups and leanne..............how exciting for you both. May your new home bring you both heaps of happiness and joy.
Good Luck Rups and Leanne...
Thanks everyone!

Settlement went fine... 4 carryover items for appliance day, but no concern they won't get done (yet). All the keys are good, although the Laundry door lock is very sticky so will need to get that looked at, and the bifold / window lock keys (all Stegbar) do not work at all, so guessing we have someone else's set.

Settlement took all of 10 mins - barely worth the drive, and they were out of gifts so our SS will drop one off when they're back in stock... Whatever!

The fun now starts... We spent all of last night, along with some family / friends removing all the skirting boards, removing the tacks, painting them all & laying them out to dry... Quite funny taking to your house with stanley knives, chisels, flat blade tools and paint, when it's minutes old and had just finished combing for the smallest of defects! But all good, got it all done. Back tonight for the second coat after a day of ante-natal classes (writing this at lunch)!

Can't wait for the floors to go down on Monday
Rups
Thanks everyone!

Settlement went fine... 4 carryover items for appliance day, but no concern they won't get done (yet). All the keys are good, although the Laundry door lock is very sticky so will need to get that looked at, and the bifold / window lock keys (all Stegbar) do not work at all, so guessing we have someone else's set.

Settlement took all of 10 mins - barely worth the drive, and they were out of gifts so our SS will drop one off when they're back in stock... Whatever!

The fun now starts... We spent all of last night, along with some family / friends removing all the skirting boards, removing the tacks, painting them all & laying them out to dry... Quite funny taking to your house with stanley knives, chisels, flat blade tools and paint, when it's minutes old and had just finished combing for the smallest of defects! But all good, got it all done. Back tonight for the second coat after a day of ante-natal classes (writing this at lunch)!

Can't wait for the floors to go down on Monday

Hi Rups,

Congratulations on settlement, good luck with your flooring today – looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Cheers, Ebony
Congratulation Rups and leanne
Best of luck!!!!!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum