Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 278 of 306
mecha-wombat
Flipside to this. WH must believe they have done a superb job on your house and your choices of finishings, that they are willing to allow perspective clients through your house.

When I was looking at building in 2001, we were driven to a unfinished home and given a tour by the sales person of a boutique builder.

Hi Izzysyd

It must b due to W H not having any showhouse for narrow lot of the layout you have. Happens tat the prospective customer wants same layout, and yours got to b a display house for a few hours.
but if I'm in your shoes, I'll complain all the way to the builder big boss as no permission was asked at all. probably squeeze some more stuff from the builder who will benefit from showing others around your hse.
Hi all

Question what is everyone doing about there phone lines
a) phone and internet
b) just internet

and who are you going with or have gone with.

i have contacted optus and they can not connect me haven't been given allotment

do not under stand NBN cable installed how do i find out who has access to the cable at Georges Fair
kieranb
Gardener
Hi all
not long to go
Question what is everyone doing about there phone lines
a) phone and internet
b) just internet
and who are you going with or have gone with.

Landline - didn't bother. Anyone who wants/needs to contact me has my mobile number. Plus, I didn't want ANOTHER bill.
Internet - went with iiNet, 100GB peak / 100GB off peak download limit, gets slowed down if you go over and not additional charges like some other ISPs. It's also 100 mbps (fastest option) and only $80/month. Comes with a lousy router though (additional $70, called a Bob Lite: 'Lite' as in light on features which matters to someone like myself). You're better off paying the same money and getting the Asus model router which is really user friendly.

I did notice however for VOIP (voice over IP, basically a phone line that transfers data ie. your voice to the destination) it's only an extra $20 or so. Not sure on usage though.

Exactly what I have done. No landline, NBN 100/40 speed connection with 100GB peak and 100GB offpeak. I ended up just buying my own router though and not going with BoB.
kieranb
My query is, since my landscape plan submitted to council included a timber lapped & capped fence on that side, can I change what I want to put there? Being a brick wall, it doesn't actually retain anything; it's just a feature - so would engineering details of the footing etc need to be supplied? If so, should I just use WH (who did my landscape plan) to amend the plans, submit the modification to council (obviously pay some fees). How long does something like that usually take, I was under the assumption that it's around 10 days / 2 weeks.

Thanks for any input!! Kieran.

As far as I know, you would just need to lodge an amendment to council. I don't think you need to state anything about footings, but even so, someone here could provide you with a copy of their plans and you can replicate their notes about their wall. I wouldn't go back through the builder. That will just slow down the process and cost you more dollars.
rachnshane
sailorke
rachnshane
Hi all,

So yesterday i got told that i need to make my driveway entry smaller as it is too big. Just wondering how everyone went with getting money back from Investa?
Also, what were your arguments??

Rach

Hi Rach,

I experienced exactly same problem as yours and I am looking for the solutions. Our garage is single with 3m wide. How about yours? And which lot are you in?

If any one in this forum could share your successfully experience on the driveway layback issue, that would be much appreciated!

Hi,
So i spoke to council today and the first lady i spoke to told me my driveway could be 5m wide. But when i asked her if i could have that in writing she said no we dont do that!!! I also spoke to another man from council who appproved the wide driveways when investa did it and he said they could be 3.2m wide! will speak to him again tomorrow!

Have you had any luck?
Rach

Hi Rech,

Unfortunately, I have tried to argue it but have not no result. So I gave up and paid variations.

Good luck on yours!
Izzysyd
Hi All,

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY.... I will be an official resident of Georges Fair on the 30th October..... I must say that the bit that I was most scared about - the actual build, was the fastest and most successful for me. The paperwork part of it took the longest and made me the most annoyed....

Thank you all for sharing your experiences as its been a great help for a first timer. Ive had to do this all on my own (female here) and I have to say that I am so proud to live in this country as I've had so many people try to help me through this process. I look forward to also living in such a great community and most of all look forward to living in the little creation I've made. (well with the help of builders of course

Cant wait till the marina is up and all the new developments as it will make such a gorgeous part of moorebank.

Goodluck everyone and soon enough you will all be in your nice new homes and hopefully before christmas.

Izzy

hi Izzy
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you must b very busy moving in now that you got ur new home. go Girl Power! for making thru this build by yourself (with some help fr this forum community).

can you provide the contact for your fencer, the one you got good price of $65/m?

cheers
0dark30
Izzysyd
Hi All,

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY.... I will be an official resident of Georges Fair on the 30th October..... I must say that the bit that I was most scared about - the actual build, was the fastest and most successful for me. The paperwork part of it took the longest and made me the most annoyed....

Thank you all for sharing your experiences as its been a great help for a first timer. Ive had to do this all on my own (female here) and I have to say that I am so proud to live in this country as I've had so many people try to help me through this process. I look forward to also living in such a great community and most of all look forward to living in the little creation I've made. (well with the help of builders of course

Cant wait till the marina is up and all the new developments as it will make such a gorgeous part of moorebank.

Goodluck everyone and soon enough you will all be in your nice new homes and hopefully before christmas.

Izzy

hi Izzy
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you must b very busy moving in now that you got ur new home. go Girl Power! for making thru this build by yourself (with some help fr this forum community).

can you provide the contact for your fencer, the one you got good price of $65/m?

cheers

OOh OOh i'd like the fencing details too...please
Anyone know the owners of lot 5206. I think it is Travers street. They are my neighbour behind my house and excavation has begun on their property
I am with iiNet on 100/40mbps 100/100GB plan.
no home phone

BoB lite is ok but an Asus RT-N65U really takes advantage of the speed.
Izzysyd
Hi All,

Izzy

Hi Izzy such a good feeling to finally be in hey.

As you would have noticed we moved in across the road on sat.

Now the fun begins, with all the landscaping for both the pool and back/front yards.

Let me know if you need any help.

Did you order your bins yet I did today and also arranged our Digital TV Antenna.

rgds,

Matt, Mel & Max

Pic of our new place:-

Congratulations new residents.
Hi All,

Has any friend here organized a private inspector to check your house on completion? What are your opinions or experience?
Hi all

Welcome to the new forum members and congratulations to all the new residents in Georges Fair

Thanks to all that answered my post about internet etc.
Had NBN co come on Monday to find that my pipework for the cabling stopped exactly underneath my driveway! OMG... NBN sending sonar truck out today to find where it stops. Geez i hope they don't have to rip up my driveway!
Hi all,

Below is my protest letter:

I submitted both my own and the community petition. This Friday, 8th Nov, is the closing date to voice our objection. Let me know if you want the reference files.

OPPOSITION TO THE MOOREBANK WASTE FACILITY (MP 05_157) PPR

This so-called “preferred project” report is absolutely biased for Moorebank Waste Recycling Plant and should not be used as evidence to support its approval by the PAC.

A few protest points I would like to point out:
1. The project preference report does not indicate the closest distance of this polluting factory to the nearest affected residential house. I live in Conlon Ave where the distance is one of the closest to this plant (linear distance about 200m). This road is in direct line of sight of this pollutants generating plant. This information is convenient missing and entirely mislead the public and PAC assessors on of how extremely close the distance between the plant and residential houses. If this plant is being approved, it would be one of the first ever construction waste recycling plant closest to residential houses.
2. Statement at clause 1.1 having misleading and untrue information in regards to only a small section of residential area is near to the site. How can this statement be put into the report as there is already 1000 houses built in Georges Fair?!! This number has not even includes the long existing residential area next to Georges Fair between Newbridge Road and Brickmakers Road.
3. Taking into consideration such a massive capacity 500,000 tonnes per annum, this waste recycling plant is expected to process 1602 tonnes per day, 6 days a week, 11 hours a day from 7am to 6pm. With the limited number of workers onsite and without mentioning about other machinery resources to prevent asbestos being processed at the facility, how can Moorebank Recycler assure that all the waste materials are free of asbestos?
4. The report is clearly stated that the recycled material consist of concrete, brick, asphalt, sandstone and sand. By all means, all these materials are actually very hazardous to human. Reference 1 & 2 clearly stated the danger of Asphalt and breathing in silica dust.
5. Poor site maintenance practise may incur mosquitoes, weeds, pests or vermin which will subsequently impact the Georges River environmental condition.
6. Clause 1.4.3 never consider and mention the impact of the dust generation, air contamination when the recycling material is exposed during transportation or material and handling of the materials between the crusher and machinery throughout the whole operation.
7. The operating hours are ridiculously long and even operating on Saturdays whereas the residents nearby are mainly spending the weekend as family day. In addition, operation hours during the weekday does not mean will not impact the resident as many family are still spending their time at home especially the retirees, preschool children, and home makers mum.
8. Section 2.3.2.3 comparing the additional traffic 1-2 trucks every 2 minutes should not be considered equal to the vehicles addition as the pick up speed of the truck is entirely different from a normal passenger car vehicles. Addition of 1-2 trucks in such a short time will definitely cause the massive traffic disturbance without considering the massive size of the truck, the pick up speed of the truck, hazard of the truck bring into the road safety, smoke of the truck exhaust due to most truck are poorly maintained and damage on the road condition.
9. Clause 2.4.2.8 taking a general statement from a Senate inquiry without the detail of the scientific aspect and detail of the issues of the inquiry to argue that silicosis is not a community problem is totally unacceptable as the evaluation should be case to case basis.
10. Clause 2.4.2.7 Poor standing of promises stated in the report such as performing asbestos screening without stating how to ensure the implementation and monitoring the effectiveness of the implementation. The site safety plan on the inspection process is poorly described without clearly stating how to manage the inspection of 1602 tonnes material per day. If only sampling inspection is performed, this also means that there is a risk that asbestos material will slip through and get into the recycling. Again, how can a normal staff differentiate asbestos from all the powdery substances of incoming construction wastes? Gyrock, crushed rocks, sands all mixed up even with asbestos cannot be visually differentiated at the incoming point.
11. Clause 2.14 stated that the land value of the residential area is not a consideration of the assessment is absolutely contradicting with the point that Moorebank Recycling Plant raise to support the 25 number of local jobs created. The damage of the local economy due to polluted suburb reputation, community being constantly exposed to health pollutant hazards and subsequently depreciation of property values is definitely far more devastating than just a mere number of jobs created.
12. The numerous numbers, tables and graphs churned and displayed in the report are merely theoretical, especially the dust and noise aspects. These are generated based on estimation models without any actual continuous monitoring of a similar operating plant. Merely stating that these numbers are acceptable is too much of assumption to make. In fact, there is no plan stated in the report that will be some hazard monitoring program in future. It mean that this project can be approved based on theoretical estimation of models and the actual hazard monitoring can be totally ignored.

In conclusion, this PPR report is entirely nonsense and biased towards supporting the building of this construction waste recycling plant.

Reference:
1. :Alsphalt Hazardous Substance Fact Sheet http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0170.pdf
2. :The Dangers of Breathing Silica Dust http://www2.worksafebc.com/i/posters/20 ... 09_04.html

3. Danger of disposal of Copper Chrome Arsenate Timber pg 2 (Attached Reference 3)

4. Health effect caused by cement. (Attached Reference 4)

5. Effect of Chronic Cement Dust Exposure on Lung Function.. (Attached Reference 5)

6. Impact of Dust Emission on Plant Vegetation in the Vicinity of Cement Plant.
(Attached Reference 6)

7. When People and Industry Live Side-by-Side: Health Impacts of PM Pollution
http://www.psr.org/environment-and-heal ... -side.html
Thanks for your effort 0dark30!!
I think the PPR has some glaring omissions. It is certainly more comprehensive than the original EA but still we have plenty of room to object.
Please get on board with this guys and make your voices heard!!
Fi
Fifi
Thanks for your effort 0dark30!!
I think the PPR has some glaring omissions. It is certainly more comprehensive than the original EA but still we have plenty of room to object.
Please get on board with this guys and make your voices heard!!
Fi

Hi Fifi,

Do we have any template for PPR objection this time? Could you please send me one if you get any? Thanks.
hi all
my tiler has let me down
can any one recommend someone
job is 110m2 approx

thanks
Hi All,

Can anyone tell us what you paid for window flyscreens please? We have been given a price of $35 each by a couple of people, just wondering if anyone has done it cheaper than this, and if so, who with?

Thanks.
Hi All
We have laid some turf today and have 5 or 6 rolls of Sir Walter left over. Please let me know if you can use it and I'l PM my address

Fi
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum