Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 273 of 828
Can't wait to see pics gfernz

GLO
Kitchens with W.

What's included and what is bumping up all your kitchen costs?

Did you get to chose between W preferred kitchen builders?

We added an extra set of pot drawers, upgraded the stone and added waterfall ends, added a microwave provision, added a fly over panel and panel behind rangehood, added a cupboard to fill in part of our fridge space, put a bench, sink, double cupboard and bar fridge space to butlers pantry, and fitted out our laundry. We also paid a small fortune to have our kickboards modified and a return trip so they could be put on after the flooring, as well as a return trip for the stone mason to fit the waterfall ends. This was to avoid a scotia trim all around our kitchen as we're having a floating floor. We spent $17k.
I'm regretting not upgrading our wood look cabinets to riven finish, I hope they turn out ok.
Timpelle were excellent and the basic inclusions are good.

GLO
Kitchens with W.

What's included and what is bumping up all your kitchen costs?

Did you get to chose between W preferred kitchen builders?

We upgraded our stone to Raven, add the waterfall edges, changed the colour of the underside of upper cabinets to match, added downlights under the cabinets, added laminate doors to the pantry, plus laundry cabinetry upgrades, and built ins in our leisure and home theatre and amended the standard cabinetry in our main bathroom.

We are on the prestige package so had quite a lot as standard but As rocchet said - it adds up quickly!!!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
Thanks. I'm reviewing which package suits us this morning.

What depth fridge cavity do the y include? I'm looking at Manhattan44. Not sure if smaller homes have less depth?

GLO

What depth fridge cavity do the y include? I'm looking at Manhattan44. Not sure if smaller homes have less depth?

We're building the Aspiration 31 so smaller house - the standard fridge depth was 650mm, we increased it to 700mm (it cost us $25, quite possibly the cheapest modification we made!).

Jenifermarie
GLO

We're building the Aspiration 31 so smaller house - the standard fridge depth was 650mm, we increased it to 700mm (it cost us $25, quite possibly the cheapest modification we made!).

We extended our fridge and washing machine area and was not charge. weird.

Also the wife wanted the kitchen as is in the Manhattan 39 at Oran Park, that cost us 18k. We also changed the oven so that cost a little more.
Jordann
addie 1231
Jordann
Did anyone get a quote for the Supascreen for the stacker slider from Betterview?

Just wondering how much these would cost.

Yes we did. Price is reasonable. Have an appointment with them tomorrow on site to see samples and measurements. Will let you know how we go

Thanks Addie.

Hi Jordann,

So we had the appointment yesterday with better view blinds. A bit annoyed as no one is working on site. What a waste of time.

So for supa screen, we were quoted 4500+ for a stacker door measuring 2270 high x2086, front door of 1020x2340,
And a laundry door of 820x2340. He has samples with him and happy with it.

We also requested for them to do the same for window openings. It is a must as the windows can be taken off easily. He showed us how and anyone can do it. For the large window openings, it is 800 per window. This is the standard window of wisdom.

They're roller blinds are also reasonably price. 5 large windows for only 1500 but still deciding on this as i don't like roller blinds but if we ran out of option due to budget, we might just go for it.

Hope it helps.
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016
Rocchet
Frames started today....so much fun wandering around the rooms with the kids and seeing how excited they are now they get an idea of the actual space. Had the same problem with plumbing under frames which seems to happen a bit looking at this thread. I'm assuming an easy fix. Also have one wall not attached in line with the drawings on slab, not sure if that's an issue? Feel like going down tomorrow with my measuring tape

Looks great!!!! I've never seen lines drawn on the slab before though?! They are all premade frames so I would assume they are all correct over the lines on the floor?

It'll look like a house in about a week!

We have pencilled lines where every single frame has gone down on the slab. I thought it must have been normal practice. Maybe we have a learner lol
They are all spot on except this one. It'll be easy to check but I imagine you're right and the frames are correct.

Can't believe the single storey wisdom across the road that started 2 weeks before us has roof, windows, is already on bricks and expecting to be finished bricking at the end of the week!

Your not alone. Our slab has the same pencilled lines as guides. We did measure it to make sure it is correct. All good until the gyprock was installed and found major issue and we almost had a funny looking pantry door. When i complained it is not acceptable, they have rectified it. Seems i will have a square set flush panel pantry door due to their mistakes. Can't complain 🤣🤣🤣
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016
Rocchet
Frames started today....so much fun wandering around the rooms with the kids and seeing how excited they are now they get an idea of the actual space. Had the same problem with plumbing under frames which seems to happen a bit looking at this thread. I'm assuming an easy fix. Also have one wall not attached in line with the drawings on slab, not sure if that's an issue? Feel like going down tomorrow with my measuring tape

Looks great!!!! I've never seen lines drawn on the slab before though?! They are all premade frames so I would assume they are all correct over the lines on the floor?

We have pencilled lines where every single frame has gone down on the slab. I thought it must have been normal practice. Maybe we have a learner lol
They are all spot on except this one. It'll be easy to check but I imagine you're right and the frames are correct.

Can't believe the single storey wisdom across the road that started 2 weeks before us has roof, windows, is already on bricks and expecting to be finished bricking at the end of the week!

The single storeys go up so fast! Don't let it dishearten you!!! Haha even my SS said they are a breeze!

GLO

Ours is 700 as standard I guess as I never changed it? I'd say it depends on your kitchen layout and size of the room

GLO

I'm building majestic 35 standard fridge depth was 700mm but because we are adding laminate wall panels it was bumped out to 740mm

addie 1231
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016
[quote="Rocchet"]Frames started today....so much fun wandering around the rooms with the kids and seeing how excited they are now they get an idea of the actual space. Had the same problem with plumbing under frames which seems to happen a bit looking at this thread. I'm assuming an easy fix. Also have one wall not attached in line with the drawings on slab, not sure if that's an issue? Feel like going down tomorrow with my measuring tape

Your not alone. Our slab has the same pencilled lines as guides. We did measure it to make sure it is correct. All good until the gyprock was installed and found major issue and we almost had a funny looking pantry door. When i complained it is not acceptable, they have rectified it. Seems i will have a square set flush panel pantry door due to their mistakes. Can't complain 🤣🤣🤣[/quote]

What was the issue with gyprock? Just curious so I can check if anything similar were to happen to us. Was it due to incorrect gyprocking or problem with framing?
Great that you got it sorted

Your not alone. Our slab has the same pencilled lines as guides. We did measure it to make sure it is correct. All good until the gyprock was installed and found major issue and we almost had a funny looking pantry door. When i complained it is not acceptable, they have rectified it. Seems i will have a square set flush panel pantry door due to their mistakes. Can't complain 🤣🤣🤣[/quote]

What was the issue with gyprock? Just curious so I can check if anything similar were to happen to us. Was it due to incorrect gyprocking or problem with framing?
Great that you got it sorted[/quote]

Out nib walls was meant to be just 90mm where the fridge is but after gyprock it became 120mm so 60mm additional. When the cabinetry was installed, they have to remove the architrave on one side of the pantry door.
Jordann
Jenifermarie
GLO

We extended our fridge and washing machine area and was not charge. weird.

Also the wife wanted the kitchen as is in the Manhattan 39 at Oran Park, that cost us 18k. We also changed the oven so that cost a little more.

Hi Johann,

Do you mean Manhattan 44 (new Oran Park, old Oran park display was Manhattan 43) or Manhattan 39 (Leppington)

Are you getting the below stair storage? (Like Leppington)

addie 1231
Hi Jordann,

So we had the appointment yesterday with better view blinds. A bit annoyed as no one is working on site. What a waste of time.

So for supa screen, we were quoted 4500+ for a stacker door measuring 2270 high x2086, front door of 1020x2340,

We also requested for them to do the same for window openings. It is a must as the windows can be taken off easily. He showed us how and anyone can do it. For the large window openings, it is 800 per window. This is the standard window of wisdom.

They're roller blinds are also reasonably price. 5 large windows for only 1500 but still deciding on this as i don't like roller blinds but if we ran out of option due to budget, we might just go for it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Addie.

Did they happen to give you a breakdown for each?

We have 2 x stackers and 2 x sliding doors which we're thinking about getting it for.

This won't be cheap..
GLO
Hi Johann,

Do you mean Manhattan 44 (new Oran Park, old Oran park display was Manhattan 43) or Manhattan 39 (Leppington)

Are you getting the below stair storage? (Like Leppington)

Oh yes sorry I meant the Manhattan 39 at Willowdale..

Yes we're getting the stairs and cabinetry as displayed but not in that stain. For the stairs we extended the rails down to the bottom.
Jordann
addie 1231
Hi Jordann,

Hope it helps.

Thanks Addie.

We have 2 x stackers and 2 x sliding doors which we're thinking about getting it for.

This won't be cheap..

No breakdown unfortunately. If it will make it easier for you, i've asked a friend who had the same supascreen from another provider. They built with eden brae not wisdom and got screen somewhere else. It's almost the same price with better view blinds.
addie 1231
Jordann
addie 1231
Hi Jordann,

Hope it helps.

Thanks Addie.

This won't be cheap..

No breakdown unfortunately. If it will make it easier for you, i've asked a friend who had the same supascreen from another provider. They built with eden brae not wisdom and got screen somewhere else. It's almost the same price with better view blinds.

Thanks Addie.

Will get Betterview to quote the Supascreen as well and see how we go.
addie 1231

Hope it helps.

Whatnot these things look like?

Separately, has anyone done double glazed glass?

My large rear glass would get full afternoon sun, and I'm unsure of the cost.

Wisdom directly quoted us in the tender;

Provide sliding aluminium framed lnvisi-gard doors to Dining rear aluminium stacker door (SSD2336) $2,100
Provide sliding aluminium framed lnvisi-gard door to Laundry aluminium sliding door (SXD2115) $1,200

We didn't get quoted for the front entry door, but in hindsight we will probably install a screen to allow airflow through. A local supplier has quoted us for a Clearshield 1200mm Screen Door $1,071
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum