Page 272 of 828
Kvav27
Help me with below post
viewtopic.php?t=87534&f=31&p=1699831#p1699831

I need help to know if we have missed any details in washington 32
Washington 32+ Savannah facade+Luxury inclusion + wise choice

Kitchen upgrades:
Generally what all upgrades we would need for kitchen for washington 32

Electrical what is general extra additions?

Looking forward to guidance.
TIA

Hi! Just had a look at your post, yes definitely add more allowance to kitchen and electrical.

Our kitchen was about 8k over the standard (we had a PA of 7k)
And electricals came to about 9k (with also a PA of 7k)
I would do at least 6 for kitchen, and maybe 5-7 for electrical.
Anything left over (if any!) you could spend on your colours appt... That adds up quite fast too if you want any rendering, upgraded doors, timber staining, etc.

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
MrsLlamas2016
Kvav27
Help me with below post
viewtopic.php?t=87534&f=31&p=1699831#p1699831

I need help to know if we have missed any details in washington 32
Washington 32+ Savannah facade+Luxury inclusion + wise choice

Kitchen upgrades:
Generally what all upgrades we would need for kitchen for washington 32

Electrical what is general extra additions?

Looking forward to guidance.
TIA

Hi! Just had a look at your post, yes definitely add more allowance to kitchen and electrical.

Our kitchen was about 8k over the standard (we had a PA of 7k)
And electricals came to about 9k (with also a PA of 7k)
I would do at least 6 for kitchen, and maybe 5-7 for electrical.
Anything left over (if any!) you could spend on your colours appt... That adds up quite fast too if you want any rendering, upgraded doors, timber staining, etc.

Thanks a ton
ozmonkeyoy
For anyone interested, here is our draft pool design from NP. A few small changes to be made, but pool/spa position will be as is.
We will be extending alfresco concrete area to line up with pool fence.
Pool to be installed post handover.

Hi Ozmonkeyoy,

What is pricing like and grandad it compare with Wisdom Pools and Landscaping?

I m looking for a 3x6m plunge pool. Or swimspa.

Elle belle
BuildingMightBeFun
Elle belle
Hi I'm going to build the Washington 25 with the essential package and is looking at upgrading to either the prestige or signature range. Does anybody know how much it'd cost or like the breakdown for the inclusions or would it be better to do individual upgrades?
Thanks

Hi Elle, it's a 25k jump to the prestige and 50k for the signature from the essential price. It might be worth looking at what youwant from each of them and seeing how much the individual inclusions are.

I am building a Washington 32 and it worked out cheaper to just add in the higher ceilings and other bits that we wanted from the signature than upgrade packages.

Hope this helps,
Cheers

buildingMightBeFun did you get the prestige upgrade though or just the luxury then added from there? Have you picked out your staircase yet? Ive been to the display homes and they all come with those chunky timber posts and Id like a simpler design preferable with glass balustrades

@ellebelle, we got the luxury and added prestige items
have not picked out a staircase yet, my partner loves the staircase in the Washington 32 at Elara display village. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price, something like $13,000.
GLO
ozmonkeyoy
For anyone interested, here is our draft pool design from NP. A few small changes to be made, but pool/spa position will be as is.

Hi Ozmonkeyoy,

What is pricing like and grandad it compare with Wisdom Pools and Landscaping?

I m looking for a 3x6m plunge pool. Or swimspa.

Hi GLO,

I didn't enquire with WL regarding their pools, as was told they only install concrete pools and I was only interested in Fibreglass.
I would assume that WL pricing would be bloated as well, given it is with most things.
NP pricing is competitive, but again it really is about what you want included in the pool package. The pool and spa with NP cost mid $30k's but then you need to add equipment, fencing, site costs, council fees, spoilage removal and the pricing goes up from there fast (will probably end up double that cost)

Good luck.
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
[quote="MandM+4"]Looking good Oz!

Just a heads up for those still in admin- to upgrade the profile of our 1020 cavity sliding doors is costing $385 per door, to upgrade a standard 820 door is $85. Means our 1020x 2340 CSDs have cost us $1280 each. Now wishing I'd gone bigger again or put double doors in as it wouldn't have been much more.

Thanks.

Where are you putting the 1020 CSD's? We just left our CSD's @ 820 standard.

In our home theatre and foyer. We originally had 820s but I didn't like the foyer one having such a narrow entry. The initial cost to upgrade the width wasn't so bad- $580 to $800...but had I known it was another $385 to change the profile i probably wouldn't have gone with them.

Yes agree with you that if you want the CSD in foyer than the 820 would be too small (we have left ours open)
But the price is certainly questionable for the upgrade when you add in the extra $385. But its one of those things that really need doing at this stage if you want the CSD, much easier to install now.

Home theatre, we just have two standard 820 swingers, but did change these to solid core.

We left our master ensuite open which in hindsight is a mistake. So now we are thinking post build of adding in a "Barn style door" that will slide across to close, and when open, will sit in the Hers WIR. (See pic below the hi-lighted yellow) The only downside is we need a bit of framework (bulkhead) to attach the slider to.
(Have a chuckle at the size of my WIR compared to the Mrs as well)

[/quote]

We rethought the lack of ensuite doors as well. We'll do them ourselves later if it bugs us. The display home at Oran park had double green opaque glass doors that were pivot so just attached to the ceiling and floor. Looked amazing

Frames started today....so much fun wandering around the rooms with the kids and seeing how excited they are now they get an idea of the actual space. Had the same problem with plumbing under frames which seems to happen a bit looking at this thread. I'm assuming an easy fix. Also have one wall not attached in line with the drawings on slab, not sure if that's an issue? Feel like going down tomorrow with my measuring tape

Rocchet
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
[quote="ozmonkeyoy"][quote="MandM+4"]Looking good Oz!

Just a heads up for those still in admin- to upgrade the profile of our 1020 cavity sliding doors is costing $385 per door, to upgrade a standard 820 door is $85. Means our 1020x 2340 CSDs have cost us $1280 each. Now wishing I'd gone bigger again or put double doors in as it wouldn't have been much more.

Thanks.

Where are you putting the 1020 CSD's? We just left our CSD's @ 820 standard.

In our home theatre and foyer. We originally had 820s but I didn't like the foyer one having such a narrow entry. The initial cost to upgrade the width wasn't so bad- $580 to $800...but had I known it was another $385 to change the profile i probably wouldn't have gone with them.

Yes agree with you that if you want the CSD in foyer than the 820 would be too small (we have left ours open)
But the price is certainly questionable for the upgrade when you add in the extra $385. But its one of those things that really need doing at this stage if you want the CSD, much easier to install now.

Home theatre, we just have two standard 820 swingers, but did change these to solid core.

We left our master ensuite open which in hindsight is a mistake. So now we are thinking post build of adding in a "Barn style door" that will slide across to close, and when open, will sit in the Hers WIR. (See pic below the hi-lighted yellow) The only downside is we need a bit of framework (bulkhead) to attach the slider to.
(Have a chuckle at the size of my WIR compared to the Mrs as well)

[/quote]

We rethought the lack of ensuite doors as well. We'll do them ourselves later if it bugs us. The display home at Oran park had double green opaque glass doors that were pivot so just attached to the ceiling and floor. Looked amazing

[/quote]
Haven't seen those doors, might have to go and have a look.....

Rocchet
Frames started today....so much fun wandering around the rooms with the kids and seeing how excited they are now they get an idea of the actual space. Had the same problem with plumbing under frames which seems to happen a bit looking at this thread. I'm assuming an easy fix. Also have one wall not attached in line with the drawings on slab, not sure if that's an issue? Feel like going down tomorrow with my measuring tape

Frames going up are fun - starting to see the skeleton and space of the house.

We had the same issue with plumbing under the frames. They will just cut into the frame or cut into the slab depending on where it is and what's to run through the pipe. Ours is still not fixed yet.

ozmonkeyoy this is a pic from the wisdom website.

Not great but get the idea

Rocchet
@ozmonkeyoy this is a pic from the wisdom website.

Not great but get the idea

Thanks for sharing that pic.
First glance I really like that idea and think could work in our space

ozmonkeyoy
Couple of external progress pics as we drove by today. Scaffold still making it hard to see certain areas.
Bricks are basically finished (can't wait til they are cleaned) Unbricked areas are waiting for cladding.
Gutters have started.
Roof to begin next week.

(sorry house faces south, so photo taken into the northern sun)

Front/side profile. House is on a corner, but in a cul-de-sac.

Looks amazing! Your house is huge!! How many squares? I'm sure you've mentioned it previously, but I can't remember - sorry!

ozmonkeyoy

That's going to look great! Did you end up going for the Symphony 8? We were so happy with NP's service, although they're probably wondering what's happened to us considering it's been almost 1 year since the pool went in! I hate to think what state the pool is in under the timber boarding! Thankfully Stage 2 of the pool install will be connecting all the filtration and getting it all clean and sparkly for handover.

Are you getting WH or NP to extend your alfresco concrete? We're betting NP to do ours after house handover so they can match it up to the level of the pool coping. Seemed to make sense at the time.

msjovi
ozmonkeyoy
Couple of external progress pics as we drove by today. Scaffold still making it hard to see certain areas.
Bricks are basically finished (can't wait til they are cleaned) Unbricked areas are waiting for cladding.
Gutters have started.
Roof to begin next week.

(sorry house faces south, so photo taken into the northern sun)

Front/side profile. House is on a corner, but in a cul-de-sac.

Looks amazing! Your house is huge!! How many squares? I'm sure you've mentioned it previously, but I can't remember - sorry!

Thanks.
The base plan is 52 squares but with changes that we made the build is 545m2 which I think converts to 58 squares. I'm hoping that when the scaffolding comes down it looks a bit smaller to the eye.

Rocchet

Looks great!!!! I've never seen lines drawn on the slab before though?! They are all premade frames so I would assume they are all correct over the lines on the floor?

It'll look like a house in about a week!

msjovi
ozmonkeyoy

That's going to look great! Did you end up going for the Symphony 8? We were so happy with NP's service, although they're probably wondering what's happened to us considering it's been almost 1 year since the pool went in! I hate to think what state the pool is in under the timber boarding! Thankfully Stage 2 of the pool install will be connecting all the filtration and getting it all clean and sparkly for handover.

Are you getting WH or NP to extend your alfresco concrete? We're betting NP to do ours after house handover so they can match it up to the level of the pool coping. Seemed to make sense at the time.

Yes end up with the symphony 8 and Neptune spa.

We ended up going with NP due to reputation, competitive with price and they have installed about 20 pools in our estate (that I know of) and only heard of one bad experience there.

We haven't chosen the landscaper yet as WL haven't visited us onsite as yet and I haven't spoken to NP landscaper about what we want exactly (but that's about to happen). But in all likelihood it won't be WL as they will be too expensive.
I may even use a separate concreter as I know of some, but it will probably come down to the timing of trades, meaning NP will be in prime position to do it all at the same time.

MrsLlamas2016
Rocchet

Looks great!!!! I've never seen lines drawn on the slab before though?! They are all premade frames so I would assume they are all correct over the lines on the floor?

We have pencilled lines where every single frame has gone down on the slab. I thought it must have been normal practice. Maybe we have a learner lol
They are all spot on except this one. It'll be easy to check but I imagine you're right and the frames are correct.

Can't believe the single storey wisdom across the road that started 2 weeks before us has roof, windows, is already on bricks and expecting to be finished bricking at the end of the week!

Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016
Rocchet

We have pencilled lines where every single frame has gone down on the slab. I thought it must have been normal practice. Maybe we have a learner lol
They are all spot on except this one. It'll be easy to check but I imagine you're right and the frames are correct.

Can't believe the single storey wisdom across the road that started 2 weeks before us has roof, windows, is already on bricks and expecting to be finished bricking at the end of the week!

Wow looks great ! We have a meeting with the landscaper tomorrow! And will take some pics too... I understand the external plumbing was done last week and the frames were to be delivered this week ... it's all happening ... so exciting !!

Kitchens with W.

What's included and what is bumping up all your kitchen costs?

Did you get to chose between W preferred kitchen builders?

GLO
Kitchens with W.

What's included and what is bumping up all your kitchen costs?

Did you get to chose between W preferred kitchen builders?

They assign you one of their 2 kitchen suppliers. I don't believe you can request one or the other unless someone else has had a different experience.
They have great inclusions but ultimately depends on which package you have as to what you get. Our extra money was because we upgraded stone category and added stone waterfalls to the island bench and added a stone bench plus cupboards to the pantry. We also added integrated bins, soft close cupboards (only drawers were included in mine) I added another pantry cupboard, added a cupboard above the oven for an integrated extractor, swapped out a cupboard for pot drawers and put some laminate panels on the walls.
It all adds up.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum