Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 271 of 433
HGMbuild
kylz4
Omg that's terrible Phoenix and HGM!!! What's happened with all your things since the build that have needed them replaced HGM?

Everything you can imagine Kylz, from defective roof tiles that allows the water INTO the home, warped doors, defective front door, poorly laid tiles and sealant, defective stackers x 3, wrong sinks, wrong kitchen, faulty stairs, missed and faulty electrical works, etc etc there's just so much, my head is spinning just thinking about it all.
AND because of all their stuff ups we still haven't put any flooring down yet, because our home is just a constant construction zone

Ong that's insane!!! When did you pick up that your kitchen was wrong

emmyawards
Omg sorry to hear that. Did they handover to you on the proviso that they would fix it or were these only found after handover?

My build - viewtopic.php?t=87470

Hi emmyawards,
Both, however issues that I flagged earlier on they didn't agree with until later on, blind Freddy could see I was right all along, so of course we have to be inconvenienced getting things fixed while living in the house!
Other items have shown to be faulty as we've gone along, but overall the quality in their builds is just not there.
Of course it all comes down to the site supervisor and construction manager doing a proper job in the first place...which most are not.

kylz4
HGMbuild
kylz4
Omg that's terrible Phoenix and HGM!!! What's happened with all your things since the build that have needed them replaced HGM?

Everything you can imagine Kylz, from defective roof tiles that allows the water INTO the home, warped doors, defective front door, poorly laid tiles and sealant, defective stackers x 3, wrong sinks, wrong kitchen, faulty stairs, missed and faulty electrical works, etc etc there's just so much, my head is spinning just thinking about it all.
AND because of all their stuff ups we still haven't put any flooring down yet, because our home is just a constant construction zone

Ong that's insane!!! When did you pick up that your kitchen was wrong

During construction I said to hubby over and over "there's something not right here", but we both couldn't quite figure out, what exactly was wrong.
When I bought it up to ss he thought I was overreacting and that was the kitchen I had selected. But, when my samples from Laminex were put up against my cabinets, the issue was obvious, the finish was wrong!
Everyone kept arguing that it's what's in the paperwork but technically not, due to manufacturing process and the choice made by kitchen company in application process of my chosen laminate, it changes the finish of what I had chosen. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I haven't gotten what I wanted, there was no communication between builder/ kitchen supplier/ client, and they have to change it.

emmyawards
Renman
emmyawards
[quote="Spotme"][quote="nomnomnom"]Hi All,

It seems that M have decided to save a few pennies and only half sheet wet areas in Villaboard.

I was rather surprised by this as I was told all wet areas would be sheeted with Villaboard not plasterboard.

Anyone else have the same issue?

1) Laundry

2) WC to Ensuite

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M
Blog - North Shore Newhaven (http://nsnewhaven.blogspot.com.au)
Build Thread - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85092

Wow how did you even pick on that?
Our gyprock was in last week and we can't even figure whether all required insulation was in.. Won't know the difference between the boards..
Wonder how much our lack of knowledge is impacting on us not being able to pick on what builder's missed..

That's my big fear too

That's why it's good to get an independent inspector.

[/quote]

Definitely getting one. Just wondering if they would be able to pick up something like no insulation behind the plaster?

My build - viewtopic.php?t=87470[/quote]

I've got a note to remind my SM that I want to see evidence of internal insulation and extra noggins that I have paid for before the plaster walls goes up.

I'll take the stance that I won't sign off on PCI until all issues have been resolved since I am in no rush to move in at this stage.

I welcome you to my home in Newcastle to see the "quality" we have - literally everything in our house has been replaced - I just had my instantaneous has replaced - just waved goodbye to the plumbers.

HGM, we have had our stairs replaced. We sought compensation for our damaged floors. Our kitchen has also been replaced. Our house has been repainted - from top to bottom as the painters thought they could paint it in colours they chose and think we wouldn't notice- I paid for a new house and got a repaired one. Our SM & his mgr are a bunch of scum bags. I have also just found out that the new construction mtr is leaving this Friday - he is the only one that has helped us and gotten things fixed. I'm at my wits end. We can't get an occupancy certificate because our water tanks need to be replaced - they were plumbed in wrong - $15k for a water and hydraulics plan down the drain. I'm mentally drained.

Please forgive me for saying this, but I thought we were the only ones. We did not seek compensation for going 4 months over construction end date. We only want what we paid for.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you too HGM. X
Renman
emmyawards
Renman
[quote="emmyawards"][quote="Spotme"][quote="nomnomnom"]Hi All,

It seems that M have decided to save a few pennies and only half sheet wet areas in Villaboard.

I was rather surprised by this as I was told all wet areas would be sheeted with Villaboard not plasterboard.

1) Laundry

2) WC to Ensuite

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M

Our gyprock was in last week and we can't even figure whether all required insulation was in.. Won't know the difference between the boards..
Wonder how much our lack of knowledge is impacting on us not being able to pick on what builder's missed..

That's my big fear too

[/quote]

Definitely getting one. Just wondering if they would be able to pick up something like no insulation behind the plaster?

I've got a note to remind my SM that I want to see evidence of internal insulation and extra noggins that I have paid for before the plaster walls goes up.

I'll take the stance that I won't sign off on PCI until all issues have been resolved since I am in no rush to move in at this stage.

[/quote]

Is this a mental note or actually in the contract?

Phoenix37
I welcome you to my home in Newcastle to see the "quality" we have - literally everything in our house has been replaced - I just had my instantaneous has replaced - just waved goodbye to the plumbers.

HGM, we have had our stairs replaced. We sought compensation for our damaged floors. Our kitchen has also been replaced. Our house has been repainted - from top to bottom as the painters thought they could paint it in colours they chose and think we wouldn't notice- I paid for a new house and got a repaired one. Our SM & his mgr are a bunch of scum bags. I have also just found out that the new construction mtr is leaving this Friday - he is the only one that has helped us and gotten things fixed. I'm at my wits end. We can't get an occupancy certificate because our water tanks need to be replaced - they were plumbed in wrong - $15k for a water and hydraulics plan down the drain. I'm mentally drained.

Please forgive me for saying this, but I thought we were the only ones. We did not seek compensation for going 4 months over construction end date. We only want what we paid for.

I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing issues too Phoenix 37, it just unbelievable isn't it?

We found out our ss has left the company hmmmm interesting!
Don't worry about getting an occupancy certificate, you only really need it when you are selling your house so don't stress and you can get one down the track.
We've been in for nearly 7months and don't have it! Lol and anyway, it's your own property what are they going to do? Tell you to leave? Hahahaha I don't think so!
Unfortunately lots of new builds have problems, most people won't see them until something drastically goes wrong like severe rains, when the houses aren't as water tight as people think!
Anyway, at least we are getting things fixed.
If only they'd listen to us the first time half our issues wouldn't be issues months down the track.
Good luck Phoenix 37, I hope everything goes well for you in the future.

emmyawards
Renman
emmyawards
[quote="Renman"][quote="emmyawards"][quote="Spotme"][quote="nomnomnom"]Hi All,

1) Laundry

2) WC to Ensuite

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M

That's my big fear too

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this a mental note or actually in the contract?

A note in a spreadsheet that I plan to give to my SM at the start and during the build.

I also have actual notes in my variation contract. Such as matching the veins of the wall tiles and placement of the expansion joints on the front facade.

Spotme
nomnomnom
Hi All,

1) Laundry

2) WC to Ensuite

Cheers Nom

Newhaven 36 by M

Take a look into your roof space. If it's properly covered with insulation, then you can get some assurance of the same case with wall, as the person who did the roof will do the wall . If roof not covered, then likely the same case with wall.

NabeelC | Metricon Merricks 38 | Queensland
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86276
Hey guys,

Have any of you gotten your site manager a thank you gift? If so, what did you get them, and how much do you think is an appropriate amount to spend?

I'm thinking a nice bottle of scotch, but we don't even know what he drinks (if he drinks). Both my husband and I are really terrible with buying presents!

Thanks in advance!
Shez84
Hey guys,

Have any of you gotten your site manager a thank you gift? If so, what did you get them, and how much do you think is an appropriate amount to spend?

I'm thinking a nice bottle of scotch, but we don't even know what he drinks (if he drinks). Both my husband and I are really terrible with buying presents!

Thanks in advance!

Presents are meant to show people you care about them. As long as you don`t give them something they hate. Wine is always good imo since they can enjoy it themselves or having other do it.
I am coming up to PCI in the next little while. Has anyone found themselves where the end contract date is soon. Metricon is trying to force a PCI and Independent Inspection when the house is not 100% complete ?

I have a feeling they are trying to push to avoid paying the late completion penalty of $250 a week
Shez84
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I got my CSC some flowers and a box of chocolates.

A bottle of whisky or wine will always go down well.

HGMbuild
Phoenix37
Hi all, has anyone else had a terrible time with metricon. We have our keys, and the only thing in our house that's hasn't been replaced is our tiling. No kidding: I'm thinking of seeking legal damages against metricon.

No it's not just you, 6 months in and we're STILL having things repaired or replaced!
Including stacker doors 3 times, tiles to alfresco, roof tiles, front door, garage rear door, now probably the stairs AND the kitchen! There are heaps more lesser items I've just lost count. We've been so inconvenienced it's beyond a joke!

Oh my gosh that's terrible HGM!!!

They may as well build another house

I hope something positive comes out of this experience!!!!

pj87
I am coming up to PCI in the next little while. Has anyone found themselves where the end contract date is soon. Metricon is trying to force a PCI and Independent Inspection when the house is not 100% complete ?

I have a feeling they are trying to push to avoid paying the late completion penalty of $250 a week

Our SM, the CM and now the AM have been trying this with us for a while now (our contractual end date was end of March) and we still have approx 170 issues outstanding (some serious and some less serious). We have stuck to our guns and have said we do not want to do PCI until we are comfortable.

The cheek of it - the AM also asked us to get our final inspection done (before the house is complete/issues are resolved) so that he could fix up anything that was called out. We said we would only do it when we were ready. The report wasn't for him. It was for us!!

Stand firm of you are not ready/comfortable. Good luck.

VMGlendale37
pj87

Our SM, the CM and now the AM have been trying this with us for a while now (our contractual end date was end of March) and we still have approx 170 issues outstanding (some serious and some less serious). We have stuck to our guns and have said we do not want to do PCI until we are comfortable.

The cheek of it - the AM also asked us to get our final inspection done (before the house is complete/issues are resolved) so that he could fix up anything that was called out. We said we would only do it when we were ready. The report wasn't for him. It was for us!!

VMG

You are my idol. I am going to do the same as you when i get to PCI.

Emmz70
HGMbuild
Phoenix37
Hi all, has anyone else had a terrible time with metricon. We have our keys, and the only thing in our house that's hasn't been replaced is our tiling. No kidding: I'm thinking of seeking legal damages against metricon.

No it's not just you, 6 months in and we're STILL having things repaired or replaced!
Including stacker doors 3 times, tiles to alfresco, roof tiles, front door, garage rear door, now probably the stairs AND the kitchen! There are heaps more lesser items I've just lost count. We've been so inconvenienced it's beyond a joke!

Oh my gosh that's terrible HGM!!!

They may as well build another house

I hope something positive comes out of this experience!!!!

Thanks Emmz,
No it's not good, it's the delays in getting things agreed to be fixed, and the inconvenience to the family by constant trades coming and going that's the worst.
That's why I haven't posted any updated pics- there's nothing finished/ completed to show.
Hope all is well with you!

Renman
VMGlendale37
pj87

VMG

Hahahaha
thanks Renman. You should see mine and hubby's spreadsheet of open issues!!!! (We are both project managers). It's pretty scary. Hmmmm maybe a should consider a career change and become a private certifier or QA person! I hope yours is a lot smoother.

VMGlendale37
Renman
VMGlendale37
[quote="pj87"]I am coming up to PCI in the next little while. Has anyone found themselves where the end contract date is soon. Metricon is trying to force a PCI and Independent Inspection when the house is not 100% complete ?

VMG

Hahahaha
thanks Renman. You should see mine and hubby's spreadsheet of open issues!!!! (We are both project managers). It's pretty scary. Hmmmm maybe a should consider a career change and become a private certifier or QA person! I hope yours is a lot smoother.

[/quote]

If I was in QA I would fail every tradie lol

I am a project manager as well. Small world.

HGMbuild
Phoenix37

I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing issues too Phoenix 37, it just unbelievable isn't it?

We found out our ss has left the company hmmmm interesting!
Don't worry about getting an occupancy certificate, you only really need it when you are selling your house so don't stress and you can get one down the track.
We've been in for nearly 7months and don't have it! Lol and anyway, it's your own property what are they going to do? Tell you to leave? Hahahaha I don't think so!
Unfortunately lots of new builds have problems, most people won't see them until something drastically goes wrong like severe rains, when the houses aren't as water tight as people think!
Anyway, at least we are getting things fixed.
If only they'd listen to us the first time half our issues wouldn't be issues months down the track.
Good luck Phoenix 37, I hope everything goes well for you in the future.

Thanks HGM- I hope your issues are also fixed! I also wished they'd listen to us back in November too!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum