Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

WBA's House.. Clothesline installed.. new pics 2/8

Page 28 of 35
aaron4erin
Woohoo looks awesome! So crisp and clean and new! Love it!

Have you started packing yet?

yes I have packed a couple of boxes... over the last two days DW has packed about 8 boxes.. so she is in full flight now..
(and one extra one for BAM..
nah make it two extra..
)..
Looking great mate! Glad they fixed up the paint for you. Whats the first thing you are going to do when you move? Few cold ones in the HT?
Great pics!
.....Your home is looking just beautiful.....you must be chuffed!
Looking fantastic
Your tiles are very similar to mine and they look great. What is the name of them? I started going back over your thread but gave up, 28 pages is alot
Ryan Oliver
Looking great mate! Glad they fixed up the paint for you. Whats the first thing you are going to do when you move? Few cold ones in the HT?

That sounds like a good plan..

mundie mansion
Looking fantastic
Your tiles are very similar to mine and they look great. What is the name of them? I started going back over your thread but gave up, 28 pages is alot

Tiles are Gaia Latte Glazed Porcelain from beaumonts...
looks great!
cookies
looks great!

the render is painted in sugar cookie, so I hoped you would like it..

Looks fantastic!!
Love the facade and that feature strip it ties it all together so nicely!!!

Towel rails, toilet roll holders, security doors and a driveway!! I'm jealous we have none of those and we got the keys a week ago!!

As for packing we haven't done that either, should get a wriggle on right?
wakeboardandy

yes I have packed a couple of boxes... over the last two days DW has packed about 8 boxes.. so she is in full flight now..
(and one extra one for BAM..
nah make it two extra..
)..

Andy....

Can' i just ask a question????

We were at our place yesterday.... met our neighbours and so on! We were discussing this telstra high velocity stuff. They have handover this week and don't have it in their home..... When i said we got told we would be able to watch telly or have a phone line without it.....

We stood in our driveway and were shocked by the number of antenna's????? I thought and am sure we couldn't have them.... hence why we are a velocity area????

Do you guys have all the wiring in place????

Thanks heaps...

Love Kirby
xoxo
kirbstar23
We were at our place yesterday.... met our neighbours and so on! We were discussing this telstra high velocity stuff. They have handover this week and don't have it in their home..... When i said we got told we would be able to watch telly or have a phone line without it.....

We stood in our driveway and were shocked by the number of antenna's????? I thought and am sure we couldn't have them.... hence why we are a velocity area????

Do you guys have all the wiring in place????

Yes we have all the wiring in place... It is silly if you don't wire up for it, as why have an ugly antenna on your roof if you don't need one, or an ugly satellite if you don't need one.

Also if they want internet or a phone line they will need to do some type of wiring up, even if it is two points (phone and internet). In a single storey house this is still quite easy after handover but would have been much easier to prewire.
Gorgeous Andy!! I really like your external colour scheme, it's lovely. Woo hoo not long to go now.
Cool, thanks for getting back to me!

We were just so shocked to see all the antenna's! When we were told they were not able to be used as per the covernts. IYKWIM????? How were all the house allowed to do that????

Your place..... you'll be in before you know it! Only a matter of weeks really now! Very exciting!

Love Kirby
xoxo
kirbstar23
Cool, thanks for getting back to me!

We were just so shocked to see all the antenna's! When we were told they were not able to be used as per the covernts. IYKWIM????? How were all the house allowed to do that????

Your place..... you'll be in before you know it! Only a matter of weeks really now! Very exciting!

Love Kirby
xoxo

yeah delfin don't seem to be too strict on the convenants... house 3 doors down from me has exposed aggregate driveway and it stated you weren't allowed to have that..
It's an real pain in the A*s....

You'd think, that they had gone to all that touble to have rules and guidelines..... than to not care. It's weird!

I've already told them i'm not getting them to approve a thing!

You know they have built our house without a eave down one whole side of the house..... in solicitors hands right now..... could be months before we hear from king or delfin.... so we simply won't settle! Why pay for something were not getting!

Love Kirby
xoxo
kirbstar23

You know they have built our house without a eave down one whole side of the house..... in solicitors hands right now..... could be months before we hear from king or delfin.... so we simply won't settle! Why pay for something were not getting!

Yeah we did that for the south side, but we specified that in our contract, you can see in the photo there is a bit of the eave that wraps around 1m on the side to look like there is eaves on the house from the front.

At first delfin didn't approve it and said we need eaves for the whole house. But at first they said we didn't need it on the south side.. So I argued with the convenants person as it would have cost us money to redraft and he agreed with me due to the house being 8m from the footpath at that point that people from the street wouldn't notice it due to the next door garage blocking the view. So he approved it like that.

But if you have paid for eaves all around the house then that is what you should have gotten.
Yeah, see ours is exacly like yours..... however we paid for our whole house to have 450ml eaves (apart from the boundary line at the garage obviously). And yet..... they have only supplied 300ml eaves to remainder of house and nothing on that other side (believe it's north north west side of house).

It's amazing how they can change the "RULES" when it suits them! Wish we could do the same when it comes to life or games.....

Love Kirby
xoxo
Very classy Andy! It all looks very very nice, you've done a great job!
just a small update... we got our Occupancy Permit today, so have faxed that off to the bank. Once they do their inspection and leave our final cheque at the branch then we can have our final handover inspection.. so hopefully not too long now!!!!!!!
Wooohooo!! Great news!!

Congratulations guys
Related
4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum