Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 28 of 43
We didn't bother checking the power points.
All lights switches were correctly wired.
Found out our termite barrier is sprayed into the bricks. Less to worry about with landscaping levels.
There was also 1 lipped wall tile in each bathroom. Think that's what it's called. Tile was pressed in too far in one corner, it wasn't much so we didn't feel that bothered about it.

Also wish we took photos!!! Only grabbed a few. Should of taken photos of all the painters tape.

Bad tile if you zoom in under the window.

Debris in floor waste

Cornice still needs painting. Hate that vanity mixer. We upgraded to 900mm towel rails.

Can't really see from this photo, but ceiling near the air vent has bad lines at the plasterboard joints.

Poor workmanship. Guys, check your island bench plumbing and services location say something now while you can. Ours is like this because the plumbing riser was off by a little. Arhh if they had of asked I would of said move the whole island a little to the left! Couldn't get them to fix, quoting space constraint with dishwasher and won't be able to see anyway. After handover I will put in a board of some sort to minimise or block it off completely. Don't want this access to a little cavity under the cabinets for pests to make a home for themselves.

The hallway. Our paint is looking a little on the blueish cool grey colour. Not sure we like

One thing we did like are the flush transitions to wet areas. (Old photos)

Wow thanks for sharing that, was really interesting to read, it’s certainly given me some ideas for when we do our walk through one day. So what happens now, was that PCI??
trimum
Wow thanks for sharing that, was really interesting to read, it’s certainly given me some ideas for when we do our walk through one day. So what happens now, was that PCI??

I'm abit confused to be honest. Burbank must not operate the same way as Sekisui did. Next step is handover, but SS said they take 3 weeks to fix. So if they return mid Jan, we're looking at early Feb.

Our contract says they will call PCI. We meet them and inspect. From there, we either a) handover final payment or b) give a written list of items to be fixed to reach PCI.

Builder will either a) accept the list, fix and give a further notice of practical completion, or b) reject the list and not be obligated to continue work's until dispute is resolved.

Well, the SS signed the list so technically we're not at completion yet

Wow looking great!

what’s going on with your sink mixer? I’d push for the caroma mixer that is in our inclusions. Your flush flooring looks a lot better the mine!
Thank you for sharing...
Yes you have to cover up that hole under inland bench quickly, otherwise you will get a little fur friend.
How about eave vent? Did you finally get them.
You should have ask to turn air con on. To cool down and good way to find out if works.
For trimum and me 1:30 hr will not be enough for walk through.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
The mixer tap is suppose to be stylus cadet. Its been noted on the PCI form.

No appliances are in yet, including the aircon unit. But yes 3 x eave vents went in. They're different to the ones Joneses got and what they have in their displays. It's a metal type. What type did you guys get?

No way will 1:30 be enough. We almost went for 2. If I have any advice, Go thoroughly check at least a week prior and just take a full list of everything that is a concern to your PCI. They know that we all visit and they don't seem like they care as long as we don't interfere.

Make a external and internal list. And have a breakdown by Front/right/rear/left for external and for internals breakdown by room going in a clockwise or anticlock wise direction depending on your laylout flow.

Then in a separate section list the questions you might want to ask like how does this work? Can I do this?

Thank you for your advice.
I still don't have eave vents.
I better start on detailed defects list.

What are eve vents?? I wouldn’t know what to look for with those
They gave us 3 of these eave vents - they are metal but man they remind me of St James station, so old looking. Will check them out closer after handover. The CSR Edmonds vents (whirly bird brand) have a insect screen behind them and they seem like they would let more air through, so may replace them if the ones installed don't. They are cheap as, $34 for a 4 pack from bunnings

The CSR vents

Maybe the CSR ones don't have insect screens lol. Just looked them up again

Received our report..... It's umm not bad!! Also spoke with inspector to clarify some things. Our eave pipe is some sort of ventilation valve inside roofspace and he said it's perfectly acceptable. We have those supavents installed so... hopefully that should do the job

The only things we missed were
-dislodged tile is causing a small leak
-additional areas needing plaster patching and painting. He used the same blue painter tape as the SS. I'm sure the SS will just ask painters to come and get them all get done at the same time
-additional areas requiring cleaning
-and that 'bad' finish ceiling didn't make it in defective category. There were blemishes right in that area which needs patching so hopefully that area becomes better overall
-garage door needed minor adjustment
-tops and bottoms of doors to be sealed. Mainly the sliding doors

Inspector said it was one of the better overall jobs he's seen recently but probably the worst with building waste inside the drains.

Even though it seems like I could of saved $550 just by being more thorough - it's the peace of mind that comes with it as we don't know what to look out for and what the tolerances really are.

ehhc
Received our report..... It's umm not bad!! Also spoke with inspector to clarify some things. Our eave pipe is some sort of ventilation valve inside roofspace and he said it's perfectly acceptable. We have those supavents installed so... hopefully that should do the job

The only things we missed were
-dislodged tile is causing a small leak
-additional areas needing plaster patching and painting. He used the same blue painter tape as the SS. I'm sure the SS will just ask painters to come and get them all get done at the same time
-additional areas requiring cleaning
-and that 'bad' finish ceiling didn't make it in defective category. There were blemishes right in that area which needs patching so hopefully that area becomes better overall
-garage door needed minor adjustment
-tops and bottoms of doors to be sealed. Mainly the sliding doors

Inspector said it was one of the better overall jobs he's seen recently but probably the worst with building waste inside the drains.

Even though it seems like I could of saved $550 just by being more thorough - it's the peace of mind that comes with it as we don't know what to look out for and what the tolerances really are.

Can I ask who you used to do your inspection? We are looking at doing the same thing when PCI comes around for us and prices I've got back are a little more expensive.
Hey Bec, inspector is Daniel from Precision Builders. You can thank trimum

trimum thanks so much for recommending Daniel. We actually stayed for a little bit while he was inside. He spent time explaining stuff, how would things be fixed and what to look for etc. light and day compared to the bloke I used previously. I recommended him to one neighbour and now he's done 4 houses in a row on our street

That’s great I’m glad he worked out well for you he’s a good guy, a little intense but is great at what he does!
We love the floorboards

Glad to hear your report was reasonably positive. It's worth the money for the peace of mind.
Plus your floorboards look beautiful!!
We just received final occupation certificate. How strange... no driveway, landscaping, fence, clothes line, letter box... nothing. I don’t think even appliances have been installed. Better go and check.

ehhc
We just received final occupation certificate. How strange... no driveway, landscaping, fence, clothes line, letter box... nothing. I don’t think even appliances have been installed. Better go and check.

Ok this OC paper work really confuse me.
Did you get final OC or interim OC ( which means you get to move in while you get a time set to complete driveway and landscaping)
Surely does not sound as if your council or private inspector issued this OC paper work.
shocking if Burbank issued OC without appliances

Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum