Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 28 of 147
I want those stools too! Too bad I have nowhere to store them

Aww. I'm sure they will be around for a while

My storage unit is working out a treat. Cost me $600 for 3 months, including insurance and 10 free packing boxes..but its huge!! I've saved more then that on buying ex-display furniture and its been nice getting all the boxes and junk out of the house.

Can't wait to move in and unpack...

Things keep turning up in the mail, today was silicone cupcake molds
Got another quote for windows & blinds.

Shutters & sheets to master
Double roller blinds to the bedrooms
Single roller blind to the kitchen
Curtains to the living and dining

$5.5k!

I think this is too much for me.

My other quote for shutters to master, double to bedrooms and single to kitchen was $2.5k, so its $3000 extract for sheer to the master (not really necessary XD) and the curtains in the living room, which I can do myself a few hundred.
Sheers are so expensive. I wanted one for the master that covered the whole wall... $2700 for one sheer 😢😢😢

That's exactly what I want too, but its so expensive!!
Might not be able to have the sheers, might just have the shutters.
Can you sew? Could try doing them yourself if you can. I am attempting to hem some for the bathroom, emphasis on "trying" lol

Hi Dawn, I don't think it is necessary to have sheers when you have plantation shutters. We have plantation shutters for the front bedroom which faces west and it is keeps the heat out perfectly on hot days. The rest we have blockout and sheers

I cannot sew..
It would be a disaster!!

So true Cap, sheers are more a nice to have cause I think they look cool, but I definitely don't need them. Good to hear your shutters blocked out the west sun.
Oooh! My stools are available for online order.. but delivery is $22!! I could get another stool. Unfortunately only stools showing stock are on the other side of the city.
$22 is a great price for delivery lol
I love regional so delivery for bulky items usually costs me around $50

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
It annoys me cause there's like 3 Kmart stores within 20min drive.. XD surely one should have stock!! I'll go to FG on the weekend and see, if I can't find them then I'll just buy 'em online and pay the fee.
Saw on FoF FB they are offering 4 pce bedroom suite for $899 limited time offer if anyone is on the hunt

So tempted to get for the guest bedroom.. but don't really need it.
aloenyx
It annoys me cause there's like 3 Kmart stores within 20min drive.. XD surely one should have stock!! I'll go to FG on the weekend and see, if I can't find them then I'll just buy 'em online and pay the fee.

I got my occasional chairs today!!! 3 of them just sitting there waiting for me. Apparently in the time it took me to lay by them 3 more people had come in and asked. Super lucky of me. I am working at FG tomorrow if you want me to check if they've still got the stools to save you a drive if they're sold out

Congrats!!! Haha.. who knew you'd be so happy over chairs right? Building is a funny experience.

If you wouldn't mind that would be great, should be at FG around midday tomorrow.
So was checking out FoF furniture.. and found out I made a mistake XD

I thought I had bought the apollo bedroom suite from FoF at the ex-display for $1200, RRP is $1899 - $2100.

Turns out I bought the Valley, which FoF has online only for $999

Oh well. They are so close I didn't realise they were different, just thought my set was a little lighter stain XD

Apollo

Valley

I like both, but annoyed I paid $200 more and had to store it for 3 months
I actually prefer the valley

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
So sorry Dawn. Was running late for work and didn't get a second to pop in and check. Maybe call them and ask?

No worries XD I will be there tomorrow anyway.

Dad went past the house today. No changes
they did remove some of the rubbish from out the front.

I wasn't really expecting much this week, but hopefully they get going again soon.
Guess what!!!
DDD Proud new owner of 3 white stools!!! Local Kmart had them YAYAYAY!!!

*dancedance*

They had a stack of the black ones and only a handful of the white ones, so was very lucky to get them.
Sort of glad to find them close to home, would have been a pain loading them into the car at FG.

*happyDawn*
Yay!!!! Meant to be!!! And the best part is for the price of three would have been less than the price of one anywhere else

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum