Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Henderson 42

Page 28 of 32
Looks to be one of the fisher & paykel slide in series fridge. They have special hinges that allow them to sit flush with minimal gaps either side of cabinetry. You'll just have to set your fridge space size right during the build.
It looks incredible!! I love your choices. Beautiful home you have designed, project managed (!) and created
dulie
Looks to be one of the fisher & paykel slide in series fridge. They have special hinges that allow them to sit flush with minimal gaps either side of cabinetry. You'll just have to set your fridge space size right during the build.

Dulie looks like you did some serious research on getting your fridge!
Mt.view
dulie

Dulie looks like you did some serious research on getting your fridge!

Yeah too late though. Needed that knowledge before all wall sizes were set in stone lol.
Your house is Epic!!!
Well done!

Thanks all, it's the Fisher and Paykel RS90AU1. The cavity has to be spot on otherwise it won't accommodate the fridge.

Love the seamless look and the water dispenser and it has a huge ice tray in the freezer that is automatically replenished when it gets low.

The drawback is that it's not huge inside so it's really only suitable for a couple or family of 4 maximum.

You're looking at about $6.5K including the door panels plus you'll need to pay for Fisher and Paykel to install it for you which takes half a day!

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

M and T
Thanks all, it's the Fisher and Paykel RS90AU1. The cavity has to be spot on otherwise it won't accommodate the fridge.

Love the seamless look and the water dispenser and it has a huge ice tray in the freezer that is automatically replenished when it gets low.

The drawback is that it's not huge inside so it's really only suitable for a couple or family of 4 maximum.

You're looking at about $6.5K including the door panels plus you'll need to pay for Fisher and Paykel to install it for you which takes half a day!

Wow I'm still fridge envy

Yeah I did notice the fridge (519L) is not very deep so it's a compromise. I actually like the size of the 614L fridge but it's not the integrated type

Still love your fridge choice though! Now I have to save up in the next few years to get the same fridge

What series windows did you have for the kitchen window? Series 100 or 300?

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45
viewtopic.php?t=86114
Renman
What series windows did you have for the kitchen window? Series 100 or 300?

viewtopic.php?t=86114

I'm not sure which series it is?? It's the 686mm x 4810mm wide aluminium fixed paragon window with paint finish and plaster reveals.

For anyone still at selections stage with Metricon, I just wanted to share a few observations I've made since moving in...

The ducted vacuum system is AWESOME. Honestly if you are considering this just do it as the suction is better than my Dyson which is really surprising.

The underfloor heating in our ensuite is lovely too but not essential. Very handy during Winter though.

Motorised blinds are fantastic. Just an observation. I got both - my big rear sliding doors are motorised and my upstairs bathroom / ensuite ones are manual.

In hindsight I should have gotten them all motorised - such a time saver when you've got lots of blinds!

Fisher and Paykel gas cooktop is very hard to clean as it's got a glass top that looks dusty no matter how much you try and clean it.

Put as many drawers in your kitchen as possible as these are very handy. I wish I had a few more pot drawers.

That's all for now...

M and T
For anyone still at selections stage with Metricon, I just wanted to share a few observations I've made since moving in...

The ducted vacuum system is AWESOME. Honestly if you are considering this just do it as the suction is better than my Dyson which is really surprising.

The underfloor heating in our ensuite is lovely too but not essential. Very handy during Winter though.

Motorised blinds are fantastic. Just an observation. I got both - my big rear sliding doors are motorised and my upstairs bathroom / ensuite ones are manual.

In hindsight I should have gotten them all motorised - such a time saver when you've got lots of blinds!

Fisher and Paykel gas cooktop is very hard to clean as it's got a glass top that looks dusty no matter how much you try and clean it.

Put as many drawers in your kitchen as possible as these are very handy. I wish I had a few more pot drawers.

That's all for now...

I totally agree on the ducted vac and motorised blinds(we have programmable ones and it's awesome). We should of gotten under floor heating for all the bathrooms....

My additional suggestion would be get a large kitchen island bench (min 1.2m wide) with underneath storage and waterfall edges on both sides - both look great! Also get an integrated Pull-out bin and integrated fridge (wink wink)....

Bigger rooms are always better for placing any Furniture you want. We had to compromise on the size of our sofas.

Get 2 x gas instantanteous HWS - you will thank me later....

And finally pay close attention to your electrical design as the more lighting especially ambient/ascent lights (eg LED strip lights under benches and floating cupboards, shower niches, wall lights for paintings etc make a big difference.

Orpheus
M and T

That's all for now...

I totally agree on the ducted vac and motorised blinds(we have programmable ones and it's awesome). We should of gotten under floor heating for all the bathrooms....

My additional suggestion would be get a large kitchen island bench (min 1.2m wide) with underneath storage and waterfall edges on both sides - both look great! Also get an integrated Pull-out bin and integrated fridge (wink wink)....

Ha ha yes integrated fridge is awesome
, I forgot about the pull out bins - I love those too AND the pull out laundry hamper is so handy for hiding stuff when people visit!

Orpheus
M and T

That's all for now...

Bigger rooms are always better for placing any Furniture you want. We had to compromise on the size of our sofas.

And finally pay close attention to your electrical design as the more lighting especially ambient/ascent lights (eg LED strip lights under benches and floating cupboards, shower niches, wall lights for paintings etc make a big difference.

We get one solar and one instantaneous. You think that's not enough for a family of 4-5?

My build - viewtopic.php?t=87470
emmyawards
Orpheus
M and T

That's all for now...

We get one solar and one instantaneous. You think that's not enough for a family of 4-5?

My build - viewtopic.php?t=87470

Depends on how they hook it up. If they are separate units and used for different purposes (eg one for showers and the other for taps etc) then it would work better.

What model vacuum did you install and how much did it cost? How many points do you get around the house?

Your feedback got be wondering if we should have included it in?
Wondering if M will let us add it in now at we on site?

viewtopic.php?t=86114
We received our contract today,

just want to find out how much every one charged for tiled recess to shower
350mm high x 90mm deep tiled receass to shower $455 for each bathroom
Renman
What model vacuum did you install and how much did it cost? How many points do you get around the house?

viewtopic.php?t=86114

I'm not sure if it's too late, how far into the build are you?

We got one point upstairs and 2 downstairs. One point upstairs is ok BUT our hose is slightly too short to cover the entire first floor. You can get longer hoses though at an additional cost. 2 points for downstairs is perfect.

The ducted vacuum was included as part of the love luxury promotion last year.

I have no idea what brand it is but I will check the unit in the garage and get back to you when I get home.

Kandi
We received our contract today,

just want to find out how much every one charged for tiled recess to shower
350mm high x 90mm deep tiled receass to shower $455 for each bathroom

Mine was the same price and that was quoted over a year ago...

M and T
Renman

viewtopic.php?t=86114

We got one point upstairs and 2 downstairs. One point upstairs is ok BUT our hose is slightly too short to cover the entire first floor. You can get longer hoses though at an additional cost. 2 points for downstairs is perfect.

I have no idea what brand it is but I will check the unit in the garage and get back to you when I get home.

M&T

We just finished slab last Friday. Guessing they just need to run 1 or 2 point up stairs and 2 downstairs.

If you can get the brand that would be great.

viewtopic.php?t=86114
Renman
M and T
Renman

viewtopic.php?t=86114

M&T

We just finished slab last Friday. Guessing they just need to run 1 or 2 point up stairs and 2 downstairs.

If you can get the brand that would be great.

viewtopic.php?t=86114

I've got the ducted vacuum installed. It's called a Premier Clean Typhoon Ducted Vacuum.

To be honest I think you'd be better off spending the money on a good Miele or Dyson vac with a rotating brush head for your carpet.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum