Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building at Piccadilly Estate, Riverstone?

Page 28 of 38
Hi all,
Visited yesterday, all looks good. Did not take any photos, sorry. The grass and weeds are soooo tall. Water detention area on the estate is not yet finished but what is there seems to be catching water. There are sold signs on a couple of blocks and only two for sale signs on Cranbourne Street.
Spoke to a neighbour that lives on Piccadilly Street in the Eden Brae Grange and got some info on the quality of the NBN in the area and said is was good, also did not recommend Jims fencing as several homes had them do it and are all not happy. For the people that are building with EBH they said they were happy with their experience.
Regards,
Silvia ?
Amni
Hi Everyone. Has anyone been to Piccadilly Estate recently? I am asking this because it's been raining for days and I want to know how's everything at Estate. Does it have proper rain water drainage or flood management system? If anyone is planning to visit the site then it would be great to share some photographs.

Hi...Been there last saturday with similar intentions to check the water drainage capabilities during rainy days and happy to report they were no shocks. Drove inside to the lot. No water stagnation anywhere on the streets and soil seems to be pretty good with water absorption - no sogginess observed. Lots closer to Brighton street have lot of grass grown ; upto knee height. Lots on other side towards cranbourne street the grass was compartively less.

Water detention site inside estate had good amount of stagnated water in the canals... we have two channels connecting to main detention area on the other side of cranbourne street. The main water detention on the other side of the cranbourne street also had good amount of stagnated water in the channels. Guess there are 4 or 5 channels.

Work is still happening at the water detention site inside the estate...Overall the estate did well, given the amount of rain in the last few days.
Thanks Silvia and Titania 64
Spoke to the agent that sold our block today. Confirmed that docs had been submitted, but weather was likely delaying registration - something about council having to get people on site.

Was given an early April registration expectation.
Hi, I had a quick visit to the estate yesterday afternoon. Took a couple photos, though didn't get out of my car sorry as it was starting to rain. Grass very wild and long along Brighton Street, other streets aren't too bad. Plenty of water in the drainage area.

Thank you still 26.
Thanks for the updates ncjc and still26.

For those building double storeys, what is the build time you have been provided with from your builders, once u have done all ur selections, and CDC has been approved?

Photo taken from across Kunic street

Detention area seems to quite well drained even after the heavy rain we had lately had a walkabout from the top of Titania street to Kunic street there was at least no visible signs of water logging but vegetation is fairly dense so can't say for sure!!!

Hi everyone,
Just spoke with Joel Woods 5 mins ago.
Apparently, everything is with council now, & waiting for council to come on site to do the final inspection. Due to the bad weather over last week to 20 days, this has been delayed.
Joel expects registration to be in mid april now. There is nothing else they can do but wait for council to show up & conduct inspection.
Looks like construction can only begin in May/June at the earliest now. Bummer!!!!!!

Peter
Hi Peter, not a good news I suppose, but can builder do the council submissions now just to speed up the process a little....

FirsTimer
Hi Peter, not a good news I suppose, but can builder do the council submissions now just to speed up the process a little....

I have asked my builder the same question, unfortunately they said they need to wait for the land to register before any plans can be submitted for approval.

We are so close!

Spoke to Emily of EBH. Unfortunately nothing can be done by them until land is registered....

Extremely frustrating!!
My builder is happy to do the submission prior to the registration, as a matter of fact if I had finance approval 2 weeks ago they would have done it then!!!
cheongsn
Spoke to Emily of EBH. Unfortunately nothing can be done by them until land is registered....

Extremely frustrating!!

I have been told the same thing from Emily, very frustrating.

First Timer, consider yourself lucky!

FirsTimer
My builder is happy to do the submission prior to the registration, as a matter of fact if I had finance approval 2 weeks ago they would have done it then!!!

Hi first timer, i am very interested to know how to submit house designs to council prior land registration. The land has to be registered on your name if they want to apply to council under your name. Thats what my builder told me. May be there is a preapproval kind of thing that can be done prior registration or some other way , i would love to know.

Did you get contour soil testing and bore hole surverys done before registration as well? In that case your land developer is vey good to allow site access to do these surveys prior registration. Please let us know the process, Would be very good to know how its done.
Look forward to reading your updates.
Cheers
Fay
Hi faykis,
We are building with Eden Brae Homes, so far we had survey and soil testing done early February also water board and Basix have been approved, engineer final plans are ready for lodgement. We have just signed the Authority to Lodge and Appointment of Principal Certifying Authority document. EBH is ready to lodge to CDC in Blacktown Council as soon as they hear the land has registered.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Silvia
Titania71
Hi faykis,
We are building with Eden Brae Homes, so far we had survey and soil testing done early February also water board and Basix have been approved, engineer final plans are ready for lodgement. We have just signed the Authority to Lodge and Appointment of Principal Certifying Authority document. EBH is ready to lodge to CDC in Blacktown Council as soon as they hear the land has registered.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Silvia

Hi Titania that sounds great! Did you purchase a house and land package with EB? Or did you purchase the land separately? We are buying land separately so we'll have to discuss with land developer to allow the builder to access and do their soil test surveys etc.
Faykis/Silvia I am new to all this, spoke with the builder and they said that so long they have done the bore test and land survey Blacktown council permits an pre registration plan submissions and that is what they are doing to do today following the finance pre-approval provided by me

Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum