Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Dale Alcock in Wellard Village - we have the keys!

Page 28 of 33
Love your paint colour which is good as that's what I'm wanting, looks gorgeous
How much paint did you buy??
ZoePerth
might be able to do you a deal on the leftovers

spuddles76
How much paint did you buy??

2 X 10L sealer and we only needed one (very surprised)
2 X 15L wash n wear, plus a 4L kitchen and bathroom.

We were told to get the same amount for our place.
Driveway looks good!! I'm so annoyed the hubby didn't get proper photos!
Our driveway has a few issues and it still needs to be sealed too.
Love the kitty grey!

spuddles76
We were told to get the same amount for our place.

My advice would be don't buy it all at once!

Driveway update!

Looks good

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Wellard2ndTimers
ZoePerth
might be able to do you a deal on the leftovers

Lol. We have a painter friend already but otherwise I would!! Sure you won't have any dramas selling it as it's pretty popular 😁
About 2pm yesterday I discovered as I was doing a second coat of cutting in, every room could really do with a third coat of paint! Cue several hours up and down the ladder and then on the roller for me. We knew there were a few spots that needed another going over but now we've done the final coat it looks mint.
Lots more work today, kinda wish I'd worked this out earlier in the week - flooring goes in tomorrow so we are on a deadline

Our garage is getting sealed on Monday, along with the driveway, here's so more pics in the meantime.

This is the pad at the side for our aircon unit, it will eventually be joined up when we get a path down the side poured, I wanted this bit done so the aircon doesn't have to sit on slabs.

Our trusty colourbond fencing man came out on Friday, put the posts in for our side gate, he measured up the gap and is bringing the gate back to install next week.

Looks great

Hey Claire, what did they charge you for the gate?

View thread:
Looks wonderful! You must be looking forward to tomorrow. I love the paint colour. The exposed aggregate looks great! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the floor

rosemi
Hey Claire, what did they charge you for the gate?

View thread:

Dunno yet, about $400 I think?
He's doing the gate full width, which is what he did for us at our last place too. Happy to pass on details, we recommend a lot and everyone seems happy. Mr W2T only met for the first time on Friday and he's been doing things for our friends and family for ages!

Live update!

Looks fantastic great colour You must be pleased with your work.

I'm a huge fan of this colour... Is this full strength? Can't wait to see it with your floors as we are having dark wood too. Such a beautiful home

Beautiful design, adore your colour choices
Robina
Looks fantastic great colour You must be pleased with your work.

Exhausted but pleased! Wish I'd realised a couple of days ago we needed the extra coat... Who am I kidding? I was always a finish the assignment at the last minute kinda girl

mzjska
I'm a huge fan of this colour... Is this full strength? Can't wait to see it with your floors as we are having dark wood too. Such a beautiful home

Yes, full strength. Colour is Solver Kitty Grey but we've had Bunnings tint it in Dulux Wash n Wear low sheen.

We prepped first with Dulux Sealer Binder, one coat used just on 10L for the whole house, we've used just about 25L of paint for the house excluding the bathroom, ensuite, WC, powder room and laundry. I've got a 4L of the wash n wear bathroom stuff for that.
We've done 3 coats of paint to get through 25L, we bought 2x 15L probably just a bit too much.

Incidentally, Mr W2T keeps calling it kitty LITTER grey to wind me up!

Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum