Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 28 of 277
Our old driveway entrance /kerb is damaged - but our driveway has been swapped to the other side now - so we had to close the old one anyway.

Agreed with Franky...if allowances are in the contract, you pay 1% of it.
Orpheus
Is this fee different for every council?

@Orph

- build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328

Not sure orp- go into your council da tracker pick one that has been approved and you can see if your council charges too. I think this is same across councils

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
I know right S94 development contribution for us it was the 1% of the development costs. It is the contract price (if you have allowance for studio M and electrical in your contract you pay for it). The rational they provide is "to cater for the additional demands on the community infrastructure as a result of the construction"....I was like WTF!!

With council you just smile and say "yes sir" pay and run
!

Our kerbs and gutters were damaged pretty much right in the start of the build when all the deliveries came in. Oh well that was the good old days when things used to happen in our site lols

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Lol, im still scratching my head over your lovely contribution to society and helping the northern beaches environmental? I'm certain all the trees and bush animals will love you for it

@Orph
build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
OMG
I just read my council s94 and indeed any development over $100k there is a levy! Ours will be 1% as well. That's it, I'm gonna complain to our Premier to abolish these local councils!!! They add no value and only finding ways to leech money off us....

@Orph
Well, in other news. Remember our issue with the overrun of our 240 days time for M to be onsite? We were up for $2k/month if we exceeded the 240 days deadline but after convincing M with signing the contract, M is "generous" enough to give us the first 30 days overrun for free!!

But now we have have to donate the money to council instead (s94)

@Orph
Lol the avatar face says it all

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
Lol the avatar face says it all

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Touche Franky! I've been very moody with M lately......

@Orph
If I could change my avatar it will be a pile of
! That's how I'm feeling at the moment with M! It's forecasted rain all next week

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
! That's how I'm feeling at the moment with M! It's forecasted rain all next week

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Haha that is so funny! But I can relate to it. I think the best approach is to relaxed and enjoy the experience?

@Orph
Franky40

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky!
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/images_2.jpg

@Orph
Hahaha
. Thank you Orph you made me laugh so much! Very funny!!!

I just need to relax and not get so annoyed. In the grand scheme of things, we are so fortunate and blessed to be able to building our own homes. We will probably live there for a really long time, a few weeks delay is not going to kill anyone

Going save this pic as my screen saver lol!

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Franky40
Hahaha
. Thank you Orph you made me laugh so much! Very funny!!!

I just need to relax and not get so annoyed. In the grand scheme of things, we are so fortunate and blessed to be able to building our own homes. We will probably live there for a really long time, a few weeks delay is not going to kill anyone

Going save this pic as my screen saver lol!

viewtopic.php?t=78985

@Orph
Hi Franky - I know how you are feeling. We had pretty bad few months at the beginning, but things have now fallen into place. Fingers crossed they get going on your home.

I agree with you, we are fortunate to be building our homes
Hi all, need some help on furnishings for the hallway. Ours is just a plain long wall opposite the sitting room. We are planning to add a long mirror on the wall to make the room look bigger and spacious. Thoughts?

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/images%2046.jpg

@Orph
Ooh the mirror looks good. Alternatively a great place to hang some art work or family photos.
Hi Orph

Mirror is a great idea.

Wondering if it would be heavy?

I think we will look to have family photos

....also thinking about a console table.
monalisa
Hi Orph

Mirror is a great idea.

Wondering if it would be heavy?

I think we will look to have family photos

....also thinking about a console table.

Oh yeah we will also have a console table and an ottoman in the hallway (which compliments the lounge in our sitting room)? Also planning to get the same ottoman for our WIR!

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/images%20100_1.jpg

@Orph
Would the ottoman in the hallway be used? Or is it more for display?

How will you place the table and the ottoman together?
That ottoman is beautiful!
monalisa
Would the ottoman in the hallway be used? Or is it more for display?

How will you place the table and the ottoman together?

Mona, the ottoman is a storage box as well so can store items. It will be used for putting on shoes too.
Would place them next to each other.

@Orph
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum