Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Kurmond Homes

Page 28 of 94
good morning Kurmond home-ies,

we've been framed!!! dun dun duuuunn!!!

check it out:

oh and the 2.75m high ceilings are magical..
He he. Framed. Looks good!

We are thinking of normal height ceilings. I'm pretty short and sometimes tall ceilings make me feel as though I have shrunk. I think they are great for average height or taller folks though and they do have the advantage of cooling.
Bazinga love your frame!

How do you like mine...

It is taking shape. Not bad for a day that rained half way through.

The house down the road finally had their concrete done today in the rain. Yikes I wouldn't be happy. That is one item I wanted done with no rain. Our supervisor said today it will be 10 days from frame to bricks and eves. We are getting a private inspector to review the progress at this stage and then PCI. DH & I have no idea about all the technical things with building so want to get someone in who does.
Thanks Upsize

your frames are Frame-tastic! and Fram-azing!

hmm 10 days huh.. that's pretty quick.

We too have a independent inspector arranged for PCI and the 90 day maintenance period for any concerns after handover. The frames i figured would be covered by the certifier who have to follow standards for the build to progress.

I think for us its what comes after frames and if that quality is maintained throughout and delivered at the end.
Bazinga

We had windows deliveries today.

Our neighbour who moved in last week told me today that she heard them on the block at 6:30am today. Very impressive.

Was talking with a friend today who is building with Rawson, and they are having huge delays. She also got her frame started today but it has been a month since they had the slab. So happy that is not us. Fingers crossed it continues.

Never thought about an inspection after hand over. Is the intent to do get it done a few months in for things that might arise?

The reason we want the frame inspection is because of our last house build we had heaps of issues with walls that where not straight. We tried putting up those modern shelves that look like they are free standing, issue was because our walls were not plum you could see the massive gaps between the wall and the shelf. Looked terrible. Don't anticipate any issues but rather be sure.
Pictures don't show much action on our block this week, but they have done the top floor flooring and had the top floor framing deliveried. Hope this gets done tomorrow. Funny how everything can't get deliveried at once due to space on our block to store all the bits and pieces.
hey Upsize,

ye 630am is awesome!

Well if after handover when things start to settle and once you use things and actually start "living" might notice a few things. Maybe a inspector isn't really worth it for that stage now that i think about it.

I think ill stick to defects and defect completion inspections.

oh ye walls weren't straight that's whack! i see your concern.

i drove past our build last night we had the top floor flooring and windows for the bottom done i think there's a good chance the top frames would be up today. but this fog isnt very cool.

have you guys thought about landscaping?
How did everyone's house go today.

We had some great progress

Really coming together. Bazinga we have thought about landscaping. He biggest thing I am trying to figure out is levels. We are going to have to build a retaining wall on the left. It think it is going to be a big job as initially we weren't going to get close to the fence but think we have to now so we get a decent size path on the left. We are very close to the fence. Our neighbour on that side isn't very nice unfortunately. She is the one that filed a complaint the we knocked down trees, which had to be done for the house to be built. Anyway, the fence on her side is leaning over to our side and is the old style wooden fence. It definitely needs replacing but she has already said she doesn't want to pay as she is a pensioner. She automatically assumed K include a fence in the build. Can you believe that? Not too sure how to approach this but thinking we will get a quote and see what happens when I give it to her. Down the back of our block we have two existing fences but they are colour bond which are cream, so we are thinking of painting those.

We have ideas about what we want around the pool so have to see how it all comes together. So much to think about.

What about you, do you have heaps of landscaping to do?
Wow Upsize...things are really moving along! Our frames will be delivered this Friday and the carpenters booked to start on Monday. Seems like we've slipped a little compared to you due to the rain. The rain garden possibly caused some delay, as this has been dug out and connected to the stormwater.
You most likely are getting the carpenters after us as they plan to finish by Friday. They seem like a good group. I have talked to a few of them, very happy guys they seem to love what they are doing. Took a photo today and I just noticed the guy upstairs is giving me 2 thumbs up. Check our the photo, previous post
wow!

upsize that's awesome progress!! very tall house compared to the neighbors. What color bricks are you going with?

I drove past yesterday had those panel sheeting thingo's on the joists i think we are waiting on a crane for the rest of the frames to be hoisted up.

Your grumpy neighbor either needs a hug or a kick in the shins.

if shes older person maybe bingo tickets or a cross stitch kit? worst case cookies.. everyone love cookies.
if shes doesn't like your cookies she probably has no soul good time to invest in a exorcist.

or u can always " accidentally" tear it down.

we don't have a massive backyard but would like outdoor entertaining area. with a water feature would be nice. gotta level out the front and back too i think take it from the back move it to the font fill it in.

wassup mars78... work - Rest - Play !
Bazinga LOL!!

I went by the block yesterday even though I knew there wouldn't be any progress

The next stage is getting started with tree clearing. So that's changing the landscape a little.

I met the opposite neighbour who is building a 43sq with allcastle.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a landscaper on site to get some ideas and a quote.

Hi everyone,
Been away from homeone for around a month and can't believe the progress. Its fantastic!

We are still a while away from our physical build starting, but steadily working through our initial tender and exterior colours. The developer is dragging the chain getting the block ready for registration. Same story a lot of people have here, but on the plus side, it gives us plenty of time to wotk through the admin.

K have been great the way they have adapted the admin process to our situation .... but seeing your photo's, we cant wait for the build phase

Keep them coming!

We have windows

So impressed with there work ethics. Went past at 3:30pm and thought they were packing up but she I asked they said no they are going to do the windows. Went past again at 6pm after kids activity and windows competed. Awesome!

These are our brick colours. It has been ages since we chose them, the one on the right is the main brick, the left brick is our feature brick for the front porch.

What about what bricks are you using?
No progress today, just lots of rain

Did get a update from our supervisor. He said we have a delay on our bricks, hopefully they will be deliveried on Thursday and the bricks start week after. Boral are the delay apparently. Can't remember which one is from Boral. Hoping colour is similar to what we originally picked. Also, he wants to meet our rep from Jetmaster, fireplace, to discuss installing weather box. As our fireplace is going to half stick out the wall as we don't want it protruding all the way in the family room.
Hey Upsize,

WOW...you almost have a whole house done. That has been really fast.

Do I detect "Storm Grey" roof tiles?
No our roof tiles are gunmetal. We had a look at the house today and it looks great. The back window is huge, bigger than I thought. Also, love our two 3 door sliding doors out onto the alfresco, Will have a nice aspect looking out the back watching my kids play in the backyard and the pool.
UpsizeTime, that looks amazing! It's great that they're working hard and that things are moving so quickly.

We have some preliminary plans but only the front elevation. We asked for the other elevations so we know all the window sizes and suchlike. Then we get to list our amendments!
Hey guys,

Im going with the Espresso Brick which is pretty dark the same contour roof tile in Ebony.

Upsize your fireplace is that through KH? and have you decided with the linear or the box looking ones? We spoke to a Fireplace guy he said if you want an amazing flame the energy rating has to come down. that's whack! surely there's a decent flame and good rating version out there.

What are you building houses for mouses?
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum