Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How often do you visit your site?

Page 28 of 37
I go every day, its in the next street, cant help myself!
perthgirl, we had our slab down in june and we were told dec lockup but did not happen.the inspector was quite tough on the builder so a delay of a month in October.

But hopefully I will be luck as most of the trade for our builder are working over the xmas break. i.e renderer and electrician.plumber is out till jan 17...

I hope we will be in by Easter as the builder expects!

mixo
Almost every day after work. Its exiting to see the progress and spot anything that needs fixing
I live about 15-20 minutes away from my block but rarely have the time to go and visit due to after work commitments during the week, and being so busy on weekends sometimes.
Our stage is being subdeveloped at the moment. We live about 5 minutes away, so after work most days I head out there and take some photos. It's been great to see our street emerge from nothing and how insane the underground infrastructure is.

Today we finally see changes on our block that gave some real solid indications of the block size and location. Very exciting week ahead.

It helps our friends are building in the earlier stage and building is under construction so usually run into them out there. Its great to see their progress, they're about 6 months ahead of us.
I live no more than 10 minutes away from the estate that we bought in - excavation hasn't started, but we have been told that everything is all ready to go and that we should expect to see some progress soon!

I visit 1-2 times a week at the moment, and I'm sure that will become more often as we start seeing some progress on the land.
We are now running over 8 weeks after our PCI and they are still "fixing things on the list" apparently.
I try to go everyday and take date / time stamped photos and update the diary journal of what I've found so far.
This build has run soooo far overtime it's not funny. It's been a real hardship and taken a toll on us all.
Hey all.

Mixed reviews on entering of the site i guess.

Has anyone had any experience with doing your own work on the house. My partner is a sparky and wants to do the lighting himself to save some money as it seems the electrical bill is the biggest one. Anyone had any experience with this?
Hey all.

Has anyone had any experience with doing your own work on the house. My partner is a sparky and wants to do the lighting himself to save some money as it seems the electrical bill is the biggest one. Anyone had any experience with this?
Depends on your builder.

mixo
We started our build last week - I used to visit the estate weekly before we got Title. Now I am planning to go after work on Tuesdays and Thursday nights and probably once on the weekend with my husband - he won't get time during the week. It is hard not going every night, but you have to work it in with your life! Plus I figure there will be more to look at if I only go every few days lol
LivndAds
Hey all.

I think it depends on the builder. The first firm we were going to go with was going to allow us to do the kitchen and bathroom cabintry ourselves as my husband is a shop fitter/cabinetmaker. But when that deal went pear shaped we chose another builder who wouldn't allow us to do much other than lay our own floors in the living area. They wouldn't allow us to do our own tiling in the wet areas or build our own retaining along the zero boundary.
i like to try and go 2-3 times a week
We go almost daily now - every day on the way home from work. There has been something new to look at every day so far! We're just about up to bricks.
I live next door to my land so I guess I can look out the window when I want. When they start I will have to let them know I'm right next door LOL. There is no escaping me! There is nothing you can hide! LOL
We try and make it everyday, especially around the dates when we are expecting progress as we only live around 10minutes away.
Mine is on the way to and from work so I drop by daily. Our build hasn't started yet but there are plenty of other builds going on so I want to keep an eye out to make sure no unscrupulous trades are dumping rubbish on my land
My daughter attends preschool next door to our build and one of the entrances is on our street, so I am there at 9am and 3pm every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I also drop by at least once on Thursday or Fridays to check for progress.
We attended our site at least weekly for the first few months sometimes multiple times a week, we would have gone more if it wasn't a 20 minute drive, we stopped going so often as the end approached as less was getting done, and then xmas break occurred and nothing happened for long periods of time, it was too upsetting to see nothing happening. Getting our keys in the next week though, exciting times
Every day - sometimes twice

I live 1.4km down the road so I usually pop by after work and sometimes we drive by on the way to school in the mornings if we are running ahead of time! Every builder on the block must recognise my little blue car!
Our build is just about to start and I already go past most days.... It is on the way home though
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum