Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

WREXTER's BUILD (WA) - Instaling Skirting!

Page 28 of 48
Hi Guys,

I have created a thread to help me decide kitchen splashback layout, i would appreciate your help. cheers.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47721
i have decided on a tiling layout for the splashback:

Requires 22 tiles, and that's how many builder has ordered. Not sure whether to order a couple more or not.
I would order a few more just in case. Handy to have. Just in case some get chipped or scratched when the rangehood is installed etc etc. Or you decide to get a different rangehood down the track. Our last canopy rangehood only lasted 2 years.
OUR FIRST FURNITURE PURCHASE!!!!!

Dining Table from Bay Leather Republic, marked down from $1999 to $999, then scored another 30% off to get it at $699.

Its only fault, a crack in one area which will be covered by a cloth anyways.

Gorgeous table wrexter!
That is a lovely table (and a bargain too)

Do you have chairs to match or will they come later?
Wow that is a HUGE reduction and gorgeous table - Congrats!
Thanks guys, the table is solid oak and very very heavy, moving it in will be a challenge. Our wide entry will come in handy.

Velouria
That is a lovely table (and a bargain too)

Do you have chairs to match or will they come later?

No chairs yet, I think some cream leather chair will go nicely. Need to keep an eye out for more bargains.
Quick update for you guys before plastering starts next week!

The grout for the capping has not been applied yet, probably done this week. Very happy with the colour of the roof tiles and happy we didnt pay the $3000 to upgrade tile profile.

Also, took a trip to the tile shop to see our tile which have arrive from over east, very very very happy with the selection we made (we chose if off a small sample). Cant wait to see it all go in!

Looking great there, still one of my favorite elevations.
wowza Wrex!!!

Love the colour - Looks fab - u- lous!!
Its really coming together now. You should be all locked up in no time.
luke81
Its really coming together now. You should be all locked up in no time.

Lockup expected in 4 weeks!
Excellent news! All the fun stuff happens then. The fit out. I enjoyed that part the most. Getting to see what you picked and how it all comes together.
luke81
Excellent news! All the fun stuff happens then. The fit out. I enjoyed that part the most. Getting to see what you picked and how it all comes together.

definately, i have thoroughly enjoyed the whole process so far, no issues. It was great seeing walls go in and walking through the house, then seeing roof on.

What im really really keen on seeing is our tiling going in and our kitchen.

SSpent a lot of time selecting tiles and went rectified porcelain throughout.
Agree - but the worst part is being locked out and having to peer through dirty windows to see the progress
True
Unless one is unlocked.
Looks really great Wrex. You must be so pleased at how fast things are moving for you. Its fabulous to see!
wrexter
OUR FIRST FURNITURE PURCHASE!!!!!

Dining Table from Bay Leather Republic, marked down from $1999 to $999, then scored another 30% off to get it at $699.

Its only fault, a crack in one area which will be covered by a cloth anyways.

Your only just buying furniture now?

Ignore me, I'd gone mad and bought a new Dining, Lounge and Bed Suites before they'd even touched my block! Got it all stored safe and dry in my uncles shed (cos ours is stuffed full of dad's "crap"!) Mainly bought it all cos the paperwork stage was so boring (minus Prestart that is
). Have stopped now though so I can save up a little for stuff that will undoubtably pop up between now and the finish of the build!

P.S. Love the table too
Thats shocking that they were going to charge you extra for a different profile on your roof tiles. We got the choice of any tile or colourbond. Doesn't the display have the flat profile? We had your tile profile on our last house. They held their colour well.
Related
5/02/2024
Skirting and Floorboard space

Building A New House

Joe Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't sorted this already you need to caulk this gap. Not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney I can…

8/02/2024
Skirting/Windows Trim acceptable tolerance/gaps

Building A New House

Caulking gaps that big will look horrible

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum