Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 269 of 828
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

Ahhhhhhh! LOVE LOVE LOVE! congrats - looks amazing!!! Does it feel heaps bigger now??

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Yes, it feels huge!!! It's amazing what a difference having the walls in makes! Now I'm hoping all our colour choices come together well! We haven't decided how we're going to finish off the fireplace wall. I love your tile finish but we're also considering grey tinted mirror. We're doing that after handover too so we have some time to decide depending how the rest of the colours work. It's so nerve racking waiting to see how the colours will all work together! I'm hoping we've made the right choices!!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

Ahhhhhhh! LOVE LOVE LOVE! congrats - looks amazing!!! Does it feel heaps bigger now??

Yes, it feels huge!!! It's amazing what a difference having the walls in makes! Now I'm hoping all our colour choices come together well! We haven't decided how we're going to finish off the fireplace wall. I love your tile finish but we're also considering grey tinted mirror. We're doing that after handover too so we have some time to decide depending how the rest of the colours work. It's so nerve racking waiting to see how the colours will all work together! I'm hoping we've made the right choices!!

It's pretty awesome watching it from here. Every little addition makes it feel more like a home!
Which fireplace did you pick? I'm sure your colours will look beautiful!

Getting down to some of the finer details! Handles went on today, plumber coming next week, wet area grouting meant to be completed tomorrow... Hopefully main flooring in soon too!

MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
[quote="msjovi"]Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

It's pretty awesome watching it from here. Every little addition makes it feel more like a home!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes[/quote]

We picked the XLR Plus like this pic, although I didn't quite realise how much of the wall space it takes up! Can't wait for natural gas heating though!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"][quote="msjovi"]Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

We picked the XLR Plus like this pic, although I didn't quite realise how much of the wall space it takes up! Can't wait for natural gas heating though!

[/quote]

Ahh beautiful! Yeah we got the square one and even that is big
I think it's because of how much room they need on each side of it. Hopefully you get in quick enough to enjoy it this winter! Haha I think we will be in early June so hopefully you aren't too far behind now

MrsLlamas2016

Getting down to some of the finer details! Handles went on today, plumber coming next week, wet area grouting meant to be completed tomorrow... Hopefully main flooring in soon too!

Looking like a home with all the little details going in! Looks better every time I see it

MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
[quote="msjovi"][quote="MrsLlamas2016"][quote="msjovi"]Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

[/quote]

I think it's because of how much room they need on each side of it. Hopefully you get in quick enough to enjoy it this winter! Haha I think we will be in early June so hopefully you aren't too far behind now

I'm REALLY hoping July, but don't want to get my hopes up! Love seeing all the finer details of yours come together. You will be in in no time!!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"][quote="msjovi"][quote="MrsLlamas2016"][quote="msjovi"]Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

[/quote]

I'm REALLY hoping July, but don't want to get my hopes up! Love seeing all the finer details of yours come together. You will be in in no time!!

[/quote]
Love seeing the pics of internals of the houses coming together. We ended up getting the Mezzo 1300 see through fireplace as a feature in the wall between living room and rumpus - hoping it comes together well. Little unsure if the glass opening will be sitting high enough off FFL (its only sitting 300mm off FFL), but we are installing a TV niche above it so haven't got a lot of height room to play with.

We're optimistically hoping for a September finish. Our bricks were finally finished today and guttering installed. Roof starting next week.

Q -for those in construction or finished, did Wisdom install sewer gullies/drains under all of your external taps? Reason I ask is that I have been able to get a sketch of our external plumbing plans from SS and from these it doesn't show a gully beneath my rear tap. I will pose the Q to my SS but was hoping for some feedback here.

msjovi

Congrats Msjovi. Your house looks huge
MrsLlamas2016

It's beautiful MrsLlamas.

I'm surprised how different each progress is depending on ss i guess. we are on painting stage at the moment (first coat) and was told that the fittings will either be placed after the painting. Not sure which one goes first, fittings or the main floor tiles.
ozmonkeyoy
We're optimistically hoping for a September finish. Our bricks were finally finished today and guttering installed. Roof starting next week.

Q -for those in construction or finished, did Wisdom install sewer gullies/drains under all of your external taps? Reason I ask is that I have been able to get a sketch of our external plumbing plans from SS and from these it doesn't show a gully beneath my rear tap. I will pose the Q to my SS but was hoping for some feedback here.

Ours was planned/included in the Landscape plan. There's 4 taps in total. There was a drain under the taps when it is within concreted areas. Other areas that has pebbles doesn't have drain. Reason they gave me is because water will be drained through.

WL will be installing drains at the back of our retaining walls and to the concrete pathways on the side (i think 3-4 total on side path).
addie 1231
ozmonkeyoy

Ours was planned/included in the Landscape plan. There's 4 taps in total. There was a drain under the taps when it is within concreted areas. Other areas that has pebbles doesn't have drain. Reason they gave me is because water will be drained through.

WL will be installing drains at the back of our retaining walls and to the concrete pathways on the side (i think 3-4 total on side path).

Thanks for the info addie 1231.
Makes sense.
Will see what WL have to say when they organise a site visit. We have 2 taps with concrete/tiles and 1 with artificial grass underneath.

Grats on all the progress guys.. Looks great.

Can't wait to get out of admin, this nightmare is never ending.

They even managed to stuffed up our constructions plans, no idea how.. Now got to wait for them to fix it up.

For anyone wondering how bright the downlights are.... VERY BRIGHT
holy sh*t I think I'll need sunglasses inside

First time I've been inside with the sun nearly down....

addie 1231
MrsLlamas2016

I'm surprised how different each progress is depending on ss i guess. we are on painting stage at the moment (first coat) and was told that the fittings will either be placed after the painting. Not sure which one goes first, fittings or the main floor tiles.

Thank you
Yes it definitely must depend on when they can get trades.. Has your SS given you any idea of dates yet?!

No wet area grouting was done today for us like I thought it was meant to be.

MrsLlamas2016

So close to finishing! Have you got a staircase yet? Kinda wishing we'd gone for a picture window overlooking our backyard now

Have you got your downlights on the daylight setting? Or cool white?

MandM+4
MrsLlamas2016

So close to finishing! Have you got a staircase yet? Kinda wishing we'd gone for a picture window overlooking our backyard now

Have you got your downlights on the daylight setting? Or cool white?

I'm pretty sure they are daylight. Yeah stairs are in, but not stained yet

They will be stained in black Japan and just carpet on top.

The big windows are prob one of my favourite upgrades we did to tell you the truth! They were only about 2k from memory and make such a difference to the room!

MrsLlamas2016
addie 1231
MrsLlamas2016

Thank you
Yes it definitely must depend on when they can get trades.. Has your SS given you any idea of dates yet?!

No wet area grouting was done today for us like I thought it was meant to be.

Yes June 9. WL has been in contact and advised me that landscaping will commence mid May.

The only thing is when HK Ryan has contacted our ss re inspection, ss told HK that he might be re-assigned and we'll have a new ss. Seriously, 1 month before pci!!! Hope that is not the case. It's not fair as it might cause delay.
MrsLlamas2016

Is daylight different from warm white for Downlights?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum