Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 269 of 306
Scared1stTimeBuilder
tigers31
Hi, Has anyone had the NBN hub installed in their garage and how much did it cost?

Hi there are you talking about the box which covers all the cords? If yes, its around $450.00

i think you will find this is free nbn (govement yes us )pays for the connection from street to yes the box with all the cords in it
you organise the suppler eg Telstra or any one else you choose) they connect you up

Quote from the NBN website
if the outside of your property hasn’t been connected to the
NBN yet, the free standard installation* will include connecting
a fibre optic cable from your street to the NBN utility box
installed on the outside of your home or business (also known
as a Premises Connection Device). The next step is for your
installer to drill a small hole through your wall and feed the fibre
optic cable from the outside into the NBN connection box (also
known as a Network Termination Device).
There will also be a separate power supply box which includes
battery backup that will keep selected phone services running
for up to five hours in case of power failure. You can find more
information on this in the FAQ section
Our plan now is into Council. How long did you take to get the approval? Builder said 10-12 weeks. Hope the site work can be started by Jan/Feb next year.
stevehome2014
Our plan now is into Council. How long did you take to get the approval? Builder said 10-12 weeks. Hope the site work can be started by Jan/Feb next year.

We had a few problems with submitting our plans to council!! WH said they submitted them on 12th Jan, but council said they got them on the 22nd Feb....either way they got approved on the 4th April!!!
Hope this helps!!
Just out of curiosity is anyone here building on lot 4256 or 4257....I think you guys will be my back neighbours!!
Hi, we went to Wincrest and got a quote from them. Their price seems reasonable and competitive. Anyone have built with them please share your experiences. Thanks
Morning, we have a quote from McDonald Jones which is good, has anyone built with them and are they good, they don't offer a fixed price like most of the builders so we are worried in-case there are any additional costs down the line

Also they are willing to upgrade the structure from timber to steel and use a colourbond roof, has anyone got a steel frame or colourbond roof as id like to know if its worth while getting. Thanx
tigers31
Morning, we have a quote from McDonald Jones which is good, has anyone built with them and are they good, they don't offer a fixed price like most of the builders so we are worried in-case there are any additional costs down the line

Also they are willing to upgrade the structure from timber to steel and use a colourbond roof, has anyone got a steel frame or colourbond roof as id like to know if its worth while getting. Thanx

MDJH is good and we are waiting for the keys. Some homes in Hoy street & spear street are being built and many of them are in finishing stage. It pretty much fit into the price structure they quote us. To be honest there is no extra bonuses thrown around like other builders. The quality of construction in my opinion is very good. What you see is what you get with them. Hope this helps. Steel structure and colour bond is an extra peace of mind. Very good admin and good staff. This is my side of the story & I hope the others will share their experiences with you. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
Evening,
This morning my partner found a tiny Pomeranian dog wandering around Conlon St near the roundabout. It was lost and frightened, so Bel brought it home. It did not have a collar so she took it to a vet and unfortunately it was not chipped. We left it with the vet at Moorebank. If anyone knows of someone who has lost their dog please PM me.
tigers31

I am busy building with MDJH and I am very happy with them. Quality is great and bluescope steel and colourbond roof was included. Busy building the Cordova 2 in Maddecks Avenue.
Hi All,

Hope all your builds are tracking in your favour!! Just wanted to know of any fencing people that have been used that have done a great job and are reasonable. Also what have they quoted you including GST per metre for the job. I have just had a quote which is to supply and install lap and cap treated pine fence 1.8 high with 50x50 steel posts which works out to be about $78 per metre. Is this reasonable?

Thanks
Izzysyd
Hi All,

Hope all your builds are tracking in your favour!! Just wanted to know of any fencing people that have been used that have done a great job and are reasonable. Also what have they quoted you including GST per metre for the job. I have just had a quote which is to supply and install lap and cap treated pine fence 1.8 high with 50x50 steel posts which works out to be about $78 per metre. Is this reasonable?

Thanks

Hi Izzysyd
I think this is reasonable. As you're aware, WH quoted $80/m WITHOUT steel post, about $90 plus/m WITH steel post early this year. I got a verbal quote of $75/m with steel post 2 months ago, but misplace the contact. Will pm you once i find it.
trust your built is chugging along fine after lockup.

cheers.
0dark30
Izzysyd
Hi All,

Thanks

Hi Izzysyd
I think this is reasonable. As you're aware, WH quoted $80/m WITHOUT steel post, about $90 plus/m WITH steel post early this year. I got a verbal quote of $75/m with steel post 2 months ago, but misplace the contact. Will pm you once i find it.
trust your built is chugging along fine after lockup.

cheers.

Thanks 0dark30, my build is chugging along very nicely. This weekend they finalised all of the tiling and the kitchen granite tops are going in this week too. I've asked for an estimation on handover from Joe my SS and he advised he'll be able to give me that this Friday, so I'm eagerly anticipating that, as I need to organise everything else around that date...

My quote was 88 per metre including GST from WH... I know, I've not heard one person say that WH landscaping prices have come in under the competitors. Just wanted to make sure that Im getting the best price and best value for money ....

Hope everything is going well for your build
Cordova
tigers31

I am busy building with MDJH and I am very happy with them. Quality is great and bluescope steel and colourbond roof was included. Busy building the Cordova 2 in Maddecks Avenue.

nice 1.. and the price that was quoted on the tender has there been any additional costs so far?
Arcot
tigers31

MDJH is good and we are waiting for the keys. Some homes in Hoy street & spear street are being built and many of them are in finishing stage. It pretty much fit into the price structure they quote us. To be honest there is no extra bonuses thrown around like other builders. The quality of construction in my opinion is very good. What you see is what you get with them. Hope this helps. Steel structure and colour bond is an extra peace of mind. Very good admin and good staff. This is my side of the story & I hope the others will share their experiences with you. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for that Arcot, so far we are liking the design from MCDJs but just a little worried that they dont provide a fixed price..there quote was reasonably and so far they have been very helpful.
tigers31
Cordova
tigers31

nice 1.. and the price that was quoted on the tender has there been any additional costs so far?

Additional costs were the upgrades in the colour selection and electrical appointment. This was mainly for kitchen, flooring, driveway and down lights. Overall their package is good and of good quality.
Hi All,

We are building with Wisdom and have now been approved by council and have signed the final plans and paid the variations. We are now being sent of to construction to order everything. I was wondering how long it will be now before we see some action on our land?

Thanks
Hi Colombo10

I think they say its 20 working days but we took about 23.

Good luck!
Does anyone have a good landscaper around working in GF ? We want to do some small job and not too expensive.
I recommend this guy:

http://www.serviceseeking.com.au/profil ... n-services

He also lives in GF.
Hi,
We are considering Georges Fair at the moment and was wondering if anyone living there or about to be a resident could enlighten me on a couple of things.

Firstly, I am old enough to have been employed at the Boral site when it was a massive hole in the ground - have you heard of anyone experiencing any cracking/movement more than would be expected in an 'old area' build?

Secondly, (also relating to the length of time I have been in the area) - has anyone had any issue obtaining insurance as it relates to flooding?
I have seen the way the Georges River can spread very easily and can remember not getting to work for a couple of days due to flooding on the Hume Highway at Lansvale (and subsequently downriver from there was hit pretty hard too).

From this link - http://www.ses.nsw.gov.au/content/docum ... ential.pdf

"In a major flood, hundreds of homes and businesses will be flooded
above floor-level in the Georges River catchment. This includes
homes and businesses in the Liverpool, Fairfield, Bankstown and
Sutherland Council areas.
Specific areas at risk of flooding include: low-lying areas of
Milperra, Moorebank, Chipping Norton, Lansvale, Warwick Farm,
Hammondville, East Hills, Kelso Park, Panania and Holsworthy. There
are also limited areas of Liverpool and Casula at risk of flooding. In
addition, properties may be affected by flash flooding from river tributaries."

I was at an open for inspection at Bradbury St and the sales rep there confirmed that the lower sections of GF down towards the river were not the parts he would be looking to live. I assume that was partly to help sell the house we were at but tends to indicate a potential issue.

So if anyone has some definitive replies from their insurance company that would set my mind at ease it would be appreciated.
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum