Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 268 of 306
tigers31
saiya78
Markxie
As I heard , most of the stage 5 release will need to pay more 4500 for brushfire council requirement, and I deposit on land 5452,anyone who is on stage 5

Hi Markxie,
I also just deposit on lot5449, I will be your next neighbour. The builder also quote me for extra pay 4500 for bushfire req. Which builder you going to btw?

Hi Saiya78 + Markxie
we just put a deposit on lot5450 so we'll be neighbours. Have you decided on a builder yet? Chris told us about the bushfire req but we werent sure how much it would cost

Hi Tigers31,

I haven't decided yet. I spoke to Wisdom and Rawson last week. I think I will choose either WH or Rawson. Iam looking for single storey. Tigers31-How about r u building 1 or 2 storey? Anyone pls advise which one is the best builder? Thx
Hi Tigers31,

I haven't decided yet. I spoke to Wisdom and Rawson last week. I think I will choose either WH or Rawson. Iam looking for single storey. Tigers31-How about r u building 1 or 2 storey? Anyone pls advise which one is the best builder? Thx[/quote]

Hi Tigers31

I would suggest you find out how long builders are taking with the admin side. There are alot of people who chose WH and the letdown with them was the paperwork. From council approval they took a further 3 months to sort out the paperwork that mind you was already done prior to council approval. I know of alot of people on this site who have had many a fight with WH for that. The build has been pretty good. Also guys make sure you add big allowances to your kitchens, add the landscaping costs as an allowance to your tender as well as these come back and you have to fork out the money yourself after the bank has approved the tender value. Be prepared for exorbitant variation costs and do the landscaping yourself if you can.

Ive heard some good things about MDJ and it appears their paperwork side is alot better. People have advised that they start the build from 3 weeks after council approval...

Look out for time wasters that promote cheaper prices. If they take 3 months longer there are the costs your thinking you are saving...

Thanks
Izzy
I got new TV and bought an indoor antenna, however I can only get SBS, SBS HD, SBS2, SBS3, TVS and NITV, I can't seems to get channel 7, 9, 10, etc.

The TV is the latest model and we don't have outdoor antenna. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
hfwangoz
I got new TV and bought an indoor antenna, however I can only get SBS, SBS HD, SBS2, SBS3, TVS and NITV, I can't seems to get channel 7, 9, 10, etc.

The TV is the latest model and we don't have outdoor antenna. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

you need an outdoor antenna. your pretty lucky if you can tune into those other channels. All TV's require outdoor antennas regardless of how new they are...
Izzysyd
hfwangoz

you need an outdoor antenna. your pretty lucky if you can tune into those other channels. All TV's require outdoor antennas regardless of how new they are...

Thanks. Is it installed after handover for most of the residents in GF? Is it an issue if installing satellite dish in GF?
Hi All,
Can those you who have built two storey homes tell me how long it took to do your bricks please??
Thanks.
Thanx Izzysyd we're new to all this so all the info is great.
Saiya78 we are building a single storey and we like a mcdj house but we have appointments with Eden brae and Clarendon this wend. So we'll compare prices etc..
kesrob
Hi All,
Can those you who have built two storey homes tell me how long it took to do your bricks please??
Thanks.

Hi Kesrob,
It took them 10 days to complete all bricks!! Our bricks started in the 5th August and they have done roof tiles, gutters, eaves n they said painting the eaves and cladding would start last Monday (but haven't been out to check)! Hope this helps!!
tigers31
Thanx Izzysyd we're new to all this so all the info is great.
Saiya78 we are building a single storey and we like a mcdj house but we have appointments with Eden brae and Clarendon this wend. So we'll compare prices etc..

Hi,
WH were great up until lodging to council! It took about 6 months after they lodge to council! Before that it wasn't too bad! We had a few hiccups but I guess it can't be all smooth sailing,,, or can it??? We paid about $7000 in extras (kitchen, electrical, aircon, tiling n carpets etc) which I though was ok!, the did quote us $6000 for a single driveway....plain concrete and a very small stencilled border which I think is outrageous....but went with it as we had the voucher!

Also keep in mind that builders offer $$ to current/previous customers for referrals! So if you don't know anyone personally that has built with your chosen builder, jump on he forum n grab someone's details!!!

Hope this helps!!!
I got a call from builder and ask me provide Bushfire Risk Assessment report to Council. I'm in Stage 5A - lot 5129. Anyone has same issue? Can I get this report from Georges Fair or from external consultant?
rachnshane
kesrob
Hi All,
Thanks.

Hi Kesrob,
It took them 10 days to complete all bricks!! Our bricks started in the 5th August and they have done roof tiles, gutters, eaves n they said painting the eaves and cladding would start last Monday (but haven't been out to check)! Hope this helps!!

Thanks Rach!!! Its seems things are going great for you, and by your progress, I'm now thinking the 6 weeks it has taken for our bricks to be done (and they still are not finished!) is too long. Can I ask who your site supervisor is?? You can PM if you dont want to post on here.

Cheers,
Kellie.
We built in 2011. Our bricks took 4 weeks in total. If you take out the Easter break and only count the actual days that they worked, it took 15 days. I have a log of our whole build in case of any arguments with the builder.
kesrob
rachnshane
kesrob
Hi All,
Thanks.

Hi Kesrob,

Thanks Rach!!! Its seems things are going great for you, and by your progress, I'm now thinking the 6 weeks it has taken for our bricks to be done (and they still are not finished!) is too long. Can I ask who your site supervisor is?? You can PM if you dont want to post on here.

Cheers,
Kellie.

Trying to pm u but stupid computer is working!
Hi, Has anyone had the NBN hub installed in their garage and how much did it cost?
tigers31
Hi, Has anyone had the NBN hub installed in their garage and how much did it cost?

Hi there are you talking about the box which covers all the cords? If yes, its around $450.00
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, if I was to organise for a personal trainer to come to Central Park a couple/few times a week to do personal training, cardio, boxing, abt etc, would anyone be interested in joining? It would be about $10 a session (i think) and it would be some time that suits us and the trainer!!!

I currently train with him in Menai but I don’t really want to travel to Menai when I move out there!

If you, or anyone you know is interested please PM and i'll see what i can organise!!

(I'm also not sure when it would start, maybe a couple of months, unless there is a high demand and we could probably start right away!!

Rach
rachnshane
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, if I was to organise for a personal trainer to come to Central Park a couple/few times a week to do personal training, cardio, boxing, abt etc, would anyone be interested in joining? It would be about $10 a session (i think) and it would be some time that suits us and the trainer!!!

I currently train with him in Menai but I don’t really want to travel to Menai when I move out there!

If you, or anyone you know is interested please PM and i'll see what i can organise!!

(I'm also not sure when it would start, maybe a couple of months, unless there is a high demand and we could probably start right away!!

Rach

Hi Rach

I was thinking the same....maybe organsing bootcamp session twice a week.
We are still months away from moving to George's Fair.
Well we're about 2 weeks from completion: finished floor tiles yesterday, painters did second coat yesterday. Next week is inspection, then following that is carpet in the bedrooms.

Now is yet another gruelling task: working out driveway, landscape, fences, window coverings and downlights.

WH are doing our driveway for a whopping 6k, however we had a $5500 voucher to use with them, so that's alright. I am thinking of getting them to do the LH & rear fence (common fences) as they're pretty much on the mark of $80/m.

For the fence on the corner, I was thinking of doing a brick fence using the same bricks as the home (PGH: Camello) with aluminium slat fencing powder-coated "Ironstone" which is the same as our roof.

I've already designed a drop-in-slat system for in between the brick piers (and I will be making these at work), however can anyone recommend a bricklayer for the job? It's approximately 24m long, 1.8m high piers and 1.2m high walls in between.

Check out my design in the following link, if it will work:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sj85hsfb5mj7ajx/2bvCgXhffm

Has anyone else ever done a brick fence similar to this idea? If so, what was the cost?

I've found a guy that will bobcat the whole block level, supply and spread turf underlay in a day for about $800 including nature strip. Also got a quote for Saphire turf @ $6/m2.

Currently sourcing quotes for shutters/blinds from Unique Blinds and another 3 places; just be aware that they ALL want your home plans.

Have also got an electrician mate of mine that is going to put additional GPOs and downlights (LED of course). If anyone needs some sparky work, let me know as he has just got back from overseas and is looking for work.

For contacts of the others I'll put them up as soon as I have the details with me (at home ATM).

For all the new folks, welcome to the journey of home building. One piece of advice, don't use W. PM me and I can explain ALL NIGHT.

Can't wait to move in
Scared1stTimeBuilder
rachnshane
Hi everyone,

Rach

Hi Rach

I was thinking the same....maybe organsing bootcamp session twice a week.
We are still months away from moving to George's Fair.

Hi Rach,

Great idea - count me in!!!!
Hopefully I can fit in with what's arranged around work, school drop off / pick up. Would love to do it though.
Kellie.
Kesrob
Who are you building with?. I'm not sure how to private message
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum