Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 266 of 306
wayneratters
Has anyone used choc tan boral bricks and if so do they look nice and are you happy with them. Pics if possible. Thanks

YUP, thats me... lot 4241 Hoy Street if you want to have a look at the finished product...
They are beautiful
Does that mean your driveway access was partly on your neighbours side. I think I will have the same problem with my driveway being too wide. I'm on maddecks ave and I'm pretty sure all our setbacks are bigger than 3 metres.
I might have a drive past your house and check out your bricks. Have you moved in and at what stage of your build did wisdom realize and notify you of this problem?
wayneratters
Does that mean your driveway access was partly on your neighbours side. I think I will have the same problem with my driveway being too wide. I'm on maddecks ave and I'm pretty sure all our setbacks are bigger than 3 metres.
I might have a drive past your house and check out your bricks. Have you moved in and at what stage of your build did wisdom realize and notify you of this problem?

my driveway sits looking at my front door... and with them saying it has to be 3 metres, my access is 3.8. WH are charging $550 per metre moved. I had to move about 2 metres of it.

Im at lockup stage so the house looks complete from the outside (without a driveway) and this week they are starting on all of the internals, today being the water proofing and then followed by kitchen and bathroom tiling.... The bricks are all clean so you will be able to see what they look like...
Izzysyd
I was approached by shutter/blinds people through WH. They have a master key and am going into my place now after lockup to get a better quote. Has anyone used them already. They are called betterviewblinds. Also any suggestions on some reasonably priced shutter companies that anyone has used would be greatly appreciated... thank you

Hi Izzy,

We've used Shade Elegance NSW blinds . I think few other forum members used them too (do a search in the forum for their business name maybe?). They sent us a PM thru H1 & gave us a quote based on our floor plan's window measurements. great price & excellent service. We did ours through them.
www.shade-elegance.com.au is their website.

good luck!
shuffle
Izzysyd
I was approached by shutter/blinds people through WH. They have a master key and am going into my place now after lockup to get a better quote. Has anyone used them already. They are called betterviewblinds. Also any suggestions on some reasonably priced shutter companies that anyone has used would be greatly appreciated... thank you

Hi Izzy,

We've used Shade Elegance NSW blinds . I think few other forum members used them too (do a search in the forum for their business name maybe?). They sent us a PM thru H1 & gave us a quote based on our floor plan's window measurements. great price & excellent service. We did ours through them.
http://www.shade-elegance.com.au is their website.

good luck!

Thank you so much, really appreciate the recommendation.... will definately give them a buzz
Hi Izzysyd

I am your Neighbour (Lot 4240 - to the right of your garage )

I had the same issue with the lip of the driveway being too wide according to council requirements and i had to pay wisdom a couple of hundred dollars ( as i was able to use the landscaping voucher remaining amount i had on there )

I think we have a mini pile of dirt on the front of our proprty so will wisdom want me to pay to have that removed?

I was going to get in touch with you anyway in regards to fencing to see what the plans are, i am unsure on how to private message through this but i can send you my details in case you want to discuss anything
Izzysyd
shuffle
Izzysyd

Hi Izzy,

http://www.shade-elegance.com.au is their website.

good luck!

Thank you so much, really appreciate the recommendation.... will definately give them a buzz

Thank you again... They have come in very competitive
and were quick to quote, so thank you for passing that on
Paulos
Hi Izzysyd

I am your Neighbour (Lot 4240 - to the right of your garage )

I had the same issue with the lip of the driveway being too wide according to council requirements and i had to pay wisdom a couple of hundred dollars ( as i was able to use the landscaping voucher remaining amount i had on there )

I think we have a mini pile of dirt on the front of our proprty so will wisdom want me to pay to have that removed?

I was going to get in touch with you anyway in regards to fencing to see what the plans are, i am unsure on how to private message through this but i can send you my details in case you want to discuss anything

I've sent you a PM
... for future reference its just the little PM sign in blue on the left hand side of the message
I just found out today that I will need to have my driveway fixed aswell and that a lot of people in georges fair have the same issue and the council refuse to do anything about it. Does anyone know if it has to be done by the builder or can you get someone privately to fix it. It's a lot of money for such a small job
Izzysyd
Izzysyd

Thank you again... They have come in very competitive
and were quick to quote, so thank you for passing that on

No worries!! Glad you have received a competitive price, winnng!
This guy also give good price ( his name is NICK ).

http://www.uniqueblinds.com.au/

mention my name, and he will give you best price
Hi all
hope all your building is going along just fine.
For as we should have keys in 4weeks.
quotes coming in left right and center, blinds shutters fly screens splash backs landscape works
carpet tiles and the list goes on. electrical, lights alarm.
who said building is easy
wayneratters
I just found out today that I will need to have my driveway fixed aswell and that a lot of people in georges fair have the same issue and the council refuse to do anything about it. Does anyone know if it has to be done by the builder or can you get someone privately to fix it. It's a lot of money for such a small job

That's terrible!!! What street are you on??
We are on maddecks ave and it looks like a few other driveways are out too. Just another thing to be dissapointed in this stressful building process
Anyone interested in 70 tonnes of free clean soil for ground fill. Please inbox me for more information.
wayneratters
We are on maddecks ave and it looks like a few other driveways are out too. Just another thing to be dissapointed in this stressful building process

Isn't this a developer issue?? Why is the developer not responsible for fixing this??
kesrob
wayneratters

Isn't this a developer issue?? Why is the developer not responsible for fixing this??

Thats what I thought Kesrob!

Its pretty annoying and frustrating (and it hasnt affected me YET)!!!
kesrob
wayneratters

you would think so, however in the scheme of things, we, who are building and making these people's pockets larger are a little spec in the works... The bigger guys get away with everything... So, just like the recycling plant and everything else that seems 'stupid', its going to be another lost battle, and one we pay for...
I checked my lot plan and my driveway is in a completely different spot then where it actually sits now. Surely this can't be my responsibility to pay for.
Did the proposed recycling plant get approved or is this still ongoing?
wayneratters
I checked my lot plan and my driveway is in a completely different spot then where it actually sits now. Surely this can't be my responsibility to pay for.
Did the proposed recycling plant get approved or is this still ongoing?

I think the developers have been moving things left, right and centre.
We are building in Blamire Close, and when we bought we were the last house in the cul-de-sac. The developers have since changed access from 3 lots on Maddecks or Speare (not sure which one, but this is where access was from originally), and moved them to access from the end of Blamire Cl, so technically they are now in the cul-de-sac. We had a slab and frame done before they moved the driveways to our st.
I would be looking into whats going on, and hitting them (investa) up for the driveway issues. I hope the change on those hasnt affected your driveways on that side, though i am not sure exactly where you are on the street, so it possibly has nothing to do with it. Either way, if they are moving things around, you shouldnt be paying for it.
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum