Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 265 of 433
kylz4
Emmz70
Does anyone know what's about to be done here? Excuse the lead it's the neighbours builder using the PowerPoint

Is this preparation for our decking? I know it's due soon hoping this is a sign it's happening, or are they cleaning the area?

Ooh no idea!? Termite? Or decking if in those areas only!?

Ya just those areas Kylz. I have no idea what's happening lol I'll just have to sit and wait patiently or if I'm lucky my SM rings tomorrow to give me the updates 🀞🀞

Emmz70
Does anyone know what's about to be done here? Excuse the lead it's the neighbours builder using the PowerPoint

Is this preparation for our decking? I know it's due soon hoping this is a sign it's happening, or are they cleaning the area?

That's the termite barrier that is installed under the decking bearers. Any excess showing will be trimmed after the decking is complete.
I just want to say thanks to everyone that has posted in this thread - its been so helpful.

My final plans will be signed Monday after a few minor things to be fixed and my demolition scheduled for Tuesday with M hopefully taking over the site at the end of the month. All the information and advise here has been so valuable. Thanks heaps everyone.
pauldab
Emmz70

That's the termite barrier that is installed under the decking bearers. Any excess showing will be trimmed after the decking is complete.

Thanks Paul.

lincoln32
I just want to say thanks to everyone that has posted in this thread - its been so helpful.

My final plans will be signed Monday after a few minor things to be fixed and my demolition scheduled for Tuesday with M hopefully taking over the site at the end of the month. All the information and advise here has been so valuable. Thanks heaps everyone.

Good luck Lincoln

You should start a thread so we can follow your journey.

Renman
lincoln32

Good luck Lincoln

Thanks. Already got a thread started here - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86119

I am having a demolition sale this weekend at the house to try to make a bit of money from the knock-down, and will posting some pics of the demolition to my thread on Tuesday
. Getting excited now!
lincoln32
Renman
lincoln32

Good luck Lincoln

Thanks. Already got a thread started here - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86119

I am having a demolition sale this weekend at the house to try to make a bit of money from the knock-down, and will posting some pics of the demolition to my thread on Tuesday
. Getting excited now!

Started to follow your post.

I've never heard of Hush Lam glazing before.

How are you going to install the aircon between the floors?

Our flooring has been started, and it looks great! We've also been to the Warehouse Furniture Clearance sale (in Brisbane) today and bought our couches.

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Renman
lincoln32
Renman
Good luck Lincoln

. Getting excited now!

Started to follow your post.

I've never hear of Hush Lam glazing before.

How are you going to install the aircon between the floors?

Its single story, so no problems with doing the aircon afterwards. A much better system is being installed than M quoted, for $1k less, so I am very happy about the air con. The only thing I had about it is that they will need to take off a sheet of colorbond and find a join in the sarking to take everything into the roof cavity. The aircon people said they do this all the time, so not a problem.

The Hush Lam is this - http://www.viridianglass.com/products/noise/vlam-hush . I want the sound proofing due to the close proximity to a railway line. This was selected as M in SA said they could only do awning windows in double glazing, and I did not want awning in the study or back bedrooms... sounds crazy to me that they only do DG in awning, but oh well. The only downside is that it does not have the good thermal property of double glazing, but I figured that some good curtains can help with that.
Would the Hush Lam provide a better sound proofing that double glazing you think?

Renman
Would the Hush Lam provide a better sound proofing that double glazing you think?

to be honest, I have no idea, i think it all depends on the glass thickness, size of the air gap in the double glazing. I read heaps of different things when I was looking at the glazing and it went both ways.

The hush glass was what the guy at Dowell Windows recommended as a good option for sound proofing on my eastern facing sliding windows in conjunction with decent curtains for thermal reasons, so I went for that.

The hush glazing was more expensive than double glazing. A 2400mm x 1210mm window was $432 for double glazed, and $570 in hush laminate glazing.
lincoln32
Renman

to be honest, I have no idea, i think it all depends on the glass thickness, size of the air gap in the double glazing. I read heaps of different things when I was looking at the glazing and it went both ways.

The hush glass was what the guy at Dowell Windows recommended as a good option for sound proofing on my eastern facing sliding windows in conjunction with decent curtains for thermal reasons, so I went for that.

The hush glazing was more expensive than double glazing. A 2400mm x 1210mm window was $432 for double glazed, and $570 in hush laminate glazing.

We don't live on a noisy street but wanted the double glazing for heating and better noise insulation. Anything is better than our weatherboard home with nothing but a timberboard and a plaster sheet.

Question for those who have completed, do they fix up the garage floor before completion ours has a fair bit or bumps and dips in it. All small but would think they will smooth it over. I will try and get picks today to show.

My Journey
H1 thread | http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Neville S
Question for those who have completed, do they fix up the garage floor before completion ours has a fair bit or bumps and dips in it. All small but would think they will smooth it over. I will try and get picks today to show.

My Journey
H1 thread | http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665

We have a large ding in ours and we have been told ours will be replaced... or at leave the dented panels will be...

Renman
lincoln32
Renman

We don't live on a noisy street but wanted the double glazing for heating and better noise insulation. Anything is better than our weatherboard home with nothing but a timberboard and a plaster sheet.

Are you getting all of your windows and doors double glazed Renman?
I was very happy with our cost through Metricon

I love how the glass has a nice tint to it

Emmz70
Renman
lincoln32
[quote="Renman"]Would the Hush Lam provide a better sound proofing that double glazing you think?

[/quote]

We got all our windows and sliding doors upgraded to series 300. All windows except the WC double glazed. Was also impressed by the small amount that we had paid for the upgrade compared to other simples things.

Didn't know about the tint. What sort of tint and what does it look it?

I think we upgraded every single items in the house.

Renman
Emmz70
Renman
[quote="lincoln32"][quote="Renman"]Would the Hush Lam provide a better sound proofing that double glazing you think?

[/quote]

We got all our windows and sliding doors upgraded to series 300. All windows except the WC double glazed. Was also impressed by the small amount that we had paid for the upgrade compared to other simples things.

Didn't know about the tint. What sort of tint and what does it look it?

I think we upgraded every single items in the house.

[/quote]

Good on you. You need to love where you live

I will get more pics tomorrow, taking pics through the glass is definitely a lost cause lol
This is all I have for now. The windows tend to let of a mirror reflection in the evening and I know it will definitely keep some of the heat out. Well worth the upgrade

Thank Emmz,

Might give the suppliers a call tomorrow to investigate on the tint.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Renman
Thank Emmz,

Might give the suppliers a call tomorrow to investigate on the tint.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

have you looked into tinting yet? Why is everything good come at a cost

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum