Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Dale Alcock in Wellard Village - we have the keys!

Page 27 of 33
Thanks Robina, it must have been lovely having your family through your home, it's so nice being able to show the finished product isn't it?

The painting inspector (me) had a look at yesterday's progress this morning, first coat on theatre done.

Anyone start second guessing their colour choice?
I think I'm freaking out a little bit as kitty grey is so dark in comparison to the bright white of the plaster, and then we're going to have dark floors.
At the moment we have dark couches too so concerned it's going to be dark when one of the lovely things about our living room is how light it is.

Hopefully with the white plantation shutters and white skirting boards it will lift it a bit. I need some more white textural pieces around the place - vases, bowls etc. will head into Country Road they always have this kind of thing.
Found this beautiful Oswald Home painted kitty grey, it gives me hope

It's hard to tell until after the second coat. Absolutely love the second picture. I looked everywhere on the Internet for chairs like that.
Kitty Grey isn't that dark. I think you'll be surprised. The White skirtings will also make a difference. White pieces will also lift it. The old Minx shops are having an amazing sale. With lots of white pieces. I think they are called design 1 or something like that. There's one in Mandurah.

I think it's a beautiful colour and it doesn't look dark at all to me

We are going kitty grey too, gorgeous colour
The colour looks fine to me. Besides you would really want too much reflective light in a home theatre when you're watching movies.. imo
rosemi
The colour looks fine to me. Besides you would really want too much reflective light in a home theatre when you're watching movies.. imo
its more the rest of the house I'm worried about, it's going everywhere.
More progress pics, looks pretty good.

The dog has been supervising, we brought one of his beds around.

The colour looks similar to the colour of the walls in my first house, which was Solver Smoke Pearl. That was a chameleon colour; sometimes it looked pinkish, other times it was greyish. Looked really dark some days and almost white on other days. I loved the colour, especially in my bedroom which was always very light & bright.
Btw, yours is looking very nice
Thanks Rosemi,
I looked at a swatch of smoke pearl at some point, that was lovely.
I'm itching to get the floor down now, do you like our not quite painting to the bottom technique?
No point with skirting boards going to go over, until they do, we still have the effect of white skirtings
:lol:
Your paint looks lovely. Also love your white bottom buts. Are you having someone do your skirting? If so is it very expensive?
We're looking at click and stick. But not looking forward to kneeling on the floor to put them on.

We've had a quote before from Skirting Boards WA, first for 140mm colonial, and then 140mm lambs tongue. We're now thinking about 92mm lambs tongue. Not sure if the 140mm is overkill, I don't want them to be too standout ish IYKWIM?
We're also going to get a quote from custom creations.
I might try and jack up for them to come out when I've got some days off at the end of Sept. I'm
Sure they've got some samples they can show me too.

Both quotes for the 1400m were just over 3k, I've seen skirting boards WA Facebook special of $1980 for a 4x2 for 92mm, I imagine whatever we choose will be around $2500

Wellard2ndTimers
We've had a quote before from Skirting Boards WA, first for 140mm colonial, and then 140mm lambs tongue. We're now thinking about 92mm lambs tongue. Not sure if the 140mm is overkill, I don't want them to be too standout ish IYKWIM?
I might try and jack up for them to come out when I've got some days off at the end of Sept. I'm

Both quotes for the 1400m were just over 3k, I've seen skirting boards WA Facebook special of $1980 for a 4x2 for 92mm, I imagine whatever we choose will be around $2500

Wow I think we'll be doing it ourselves. Thanks for that.

Wellard2ndTimers

Hey

If you want to save some money I can show you how to do it, its alot easier than you think
Thanks Andrew, but DIY isn't really my thing. After the horrible horrible and badly installed skirting at this house, I want them done professionally

The colour looks great and I don't think it will be too dark, we are thinking this colour too. I can't wait to see it finished.
We are looking at having our skirtings professionally installed as well....Dale's wanted around $6500 so anything under that will be a saving!
Ooh blimey $6500? Ouch.

Progress pics:

Happy with the colour now I can see it better.
It's hard to tell but the bulkhead above the fridge cupboards is done, such a good match to Marni Lini cabinetry

Beautiful! Love your paint choice

It's all looking beautiful.

Driveway was poured yesterday, they are coming back today to wash and seal it and the garage.

A fella from Trevors flooring came out to inspect our Slab for the floor next week. There are a few bits up and down so he is coming today to sort them out.

Meanwhile, painting is still chugging along, we (I mean MrW2T) is up to the second coat, looks like we grossly overestimated our paint needs, we took a full 10L sealer back to Bunnings for a refund, but I think we're also going to have most of a 15L of Kitty Grey leftover too

Here's the theatre and playroom after second coat

The paint colour looks really, really good now that the 2nd coat is on.

Yay for the driveway

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum