Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Harcrest - Adelaide Build

Page 27 of 27
Wow that's fully interesting! Once it's up there how do you get it down?

kyliebsmith
Wow that's fully interesting! Once it's up there how do you get it down?

Its on a pulley system - so once up it locks into place then undo the rope tie and let the pulley go and it comes down slowly on the rope. Really well made and very lightweight - couldnt wait to do a load of washing and it dried overnight!! yeah
Lol it's great thatit makes you want to do the washing!

Wow! Is that your garage Pam?

TomCat
Wow! Is that your garage Pam?

No its in my laundry 😊 The electric dryer is in the garage.
How are you TC - its been a long 12 months.

Good idea, never thought about putting the electric dryer in the garage.
Man1
Good idea, never thought about putting the electric dryer in the garage.

We didn't have the option of an air vent in the laundry because of our sliding doors so knew I wouldn't put the dryer in there. The garage seemed a great option as we had already extended the garage for storage and a space for hubby so had room for the dryer in there. 😊

Oh yeah you have a massive laundry! Really good here. Living at the GG during the week (still sleeping on camp beds) and go back to the oldie on weekends ... Work hard and bring back a load

Oh yeah you have a massive laundry! Really good here. Living at the GG during the week (still sleeping on camp beds) and go back to the oldie on weekends ... Work hard and bring back a load.

How are you finding things?

Hey pam, how is life in your Harcrest going? Any landscaping/new styling pics?
Yeah I've been wondering about you too Pam. Hope you love your Harcrest as much as I love my Avalon

IM sorry - looks like Ive been awol!!

SO busy with kids, work, family, maintenance etc have forgotten to post and reply.

A little gardening down each side - agapanthas down one side and clivias the other.
Thats the landscaping so far. Still trying to decide on the best way to do the back garden so will put that on the back burner for a while. The front garden hopefully will be organised by spring - nothing fancy but as with all my previous garden they are a work in progress. SO as long as we plan we can keep adding as the months and years go by.

Inside I still find myself re arranging cupboards and moving stuff around - but Ive always done that hence hubby installed wheels on our heavy sofas as he was sick of moving them! lol

Maintenance has begun and although annoying was completed by a great tradesman although there are still a couple of outstanding items.

Did I mention my oven!!????

Since we moved in I noticed how long it took to reach temp then how quickly things browned - took me a while actually took me til i made a pavlova to realise it was too hot. Purchased an oven thermo and when the oven clicked to say it had reached 180 degrees it had actually reached 265!!! NO WONDER I was burning things. 1 technican and four weeks later a new thermostat was installed and now my pavs are perfect once again

Loving my laundry shute although would love a reverse where the laundered items go back up as easily as they come down

Better go - a few more threads to catch up on before bed.

xx
LOL! I haven't worked out my oven yet. Except I now wish I'd got a 60cm not a 90cm. Really inefficient for only two people! To grill something, the whole stupid element is on. My oven/grill at our previous place was only 60cm but allowed us to only turn on half the grill.

Bet you're loving your place as much as us. Great to hear how things are going (except for the oven ... but it's all good now, that's what counts.)
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum