Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Monaco Nouveau Q1 - The Eyrie Laurimar

Page 27 of 35
Looking turftastic
can smell bbq from here. Can't believe what you have achieved in two days mate
It's getting there but faaaaar out I am sore today!!! That's 75m2 of Kings Pride Buffalo and there was about 7m3 of top soil to level the site properly. Then another 2m3 of crushed rock and 1m3 of sand!

Have about 7-8 m2 extra that they overstocked me on for the grass so I'll do the front today.
Backyard envy here
That's a lot of dirt. It realy makes me wonder who these landscapers feel at the end of working everyday.

May be worth taking a day off today to recharge your batteries.
hitman
UPDATE:
Finished garage floor about 10 minutes ago! Only needed the single pack to do the garage, don't know why as we have 2 car garage. Anyway this is what it looks like under fluros

BEFORE

AFTER

More angles

Came up pretty good I think. Will see better tomorrow in daylight

That looks awesome!!
Maybe I didnt go back far enough but what is it that you used here?
Used Rust-oleum epoxy garage floor coat.
UPDATE:
layed the left over turf out the front today, had to clear about half a cube of rock and building crap first but looks okay and helps stop so much dust being blown about. We will finish it off with decked steps etc soon. Got the letter box post in today too.

Oh and we got some blinds done today
hitman
Used Rust-oleum epoxy garage floor coat.

Thanks for that mate.
Did that kit do 1 coat or 2?
I see Masters sell it for $175 for the kit
I did a double garage with a single garage kit. Weird. Also it's cheaper to buy two single garage kits than one double kit and it has same amount of stuff in it
New hose reel installed today. HozeLock 40m which is pretty awesome.
Still doing car loads of stuff from old house and trying to sort new house out.
Have a lack of storage.
Also woke up this morning to ants all through ensuite!!! They are coming in through the window in there (which is strange S that window dose t open.
Also our plumbing under the laundry trough leaked as all connections under there were loose.
Ensuite toilet creaks on the wall when you sit on it lol
It's just never ending for us!!!
Heater still not installed. They turned up 2 hours late yesterday and then said because it was raining they couldn't go up on colorbond roof! The. Couldn't come out today so would be tomorrow arvo some time.

Our ensuite shower screen is bowed and is crashing together at the back when you close it so will prob need replacing.

Our cooktop never arrived so our SS chased it up and was told it was at e&s trading in noble park so he says he will pick it up... He gets there and they don't have it in stock! Now have to wait another day for it to come direct from Bosch. They didn't even call SS to say it wasn't in. Crazy!

Stone benches turned up today and more issues... Why are our trades f-ing up so much! They turned up and the big island bench had a cutout for a single under bench sink instead of our double, then the two smaller pieces for either side of the cooktop weren't even cut out at all for the cooktop, just two slabs. Also the two small slabs, one was 20mm and the other was 40mm!!
So 2 guys to install turned into another two for lift assistance, then a shaper and another stonemason to do all the cutting work then one more to bring the other 20mm bench!
They are now installed and look AWESOME!!! We love them and the colour!

Oh I also installed our new dishwasher but we can't use it until the plumber comes to hook up the taps and drains under new sink lol.

Hopefully all appliances go in tomorrow and heater then no more issues.

Here's the pics hehehe

Your house is looking good!
Sounds like so much drama for a benchtop
You've done well keeping your cool.

What colour is the benchtop? Is that the Snow speckle (I think that's what it was called)?
Benchtop and kitchen looks beautiful. All the dramas but aint u glad its all in now? Lol they pick the worst tradies over in the west not as bad in the east area. Fingers cross you get appliances and heating in the next day!
Snyde- it's sleek concrete, brand new colour and matte finish.

PEARZ - in northern burbs not west
Looks great, the benchtop is fab
hitman
Snyde- it's sleek concrete, brand new colour and matte finish.

That explains why it looks so good
Update
Heater is finally flued and working.
Cooktop in and working
Oven in and working
Sink and tap in and working
Driveway, some blinds and curtains and setup of dishwasher to go.

hitman
No category Tasminnn, it's not a Henley floor, we did it ourselves.

Hi Hitman .. can you please tell me where you got it done from? We want to get it done from outside as well. And how was your experience with it?
Ausquare Timber flooring in Thomastown VIC did it. They were okay, a little rough in spots which I had them fix, and they put a 10mm wide 4mm deep gouge in our wall with a plank and tried to not say anything about it but I saw them do it so charged then $50 for it.
When we purchased we were told it would have no pattern repetition and this is just not the case at all. So be aware.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum