Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 27 of 33
JJ+B

Another question - the last blocks to sell in each release seem to be corner blocks. Someone in the sales office (it was a few months ago so can't remember who) said the only reason they can think of is because they're typically very large blocks (700m2+) so are more expensive which is why they're sitting around for longer. Does anyone have any other idea why corner blocks are less desirable?

Cheers,
JJ+B

Hey JJ+B,

We bought a corner block. Now while I don't regret buying a corner block (you are only gambling on getting two good neighbours instead of three, they are bigger so more backyard etc), there are some drawbacks too. The sewer line is likely to go around the front and side of your property so that could impact on the positioning of your house (it didn't for us luckily enough). You do need to articulate the side of your house. May I add, we did not go overboard with this (you should see some of them down in the Bunya estate). We just put two brick columns and two windows in. Fencing cost is all yours down that side too.

What I would suggest is you look at the house you want to build and the aspect. While, according to my research, houses with a Northern aspect are supposed to be good, the Council has strict requirements about how close you can be to the back boundary. If we had bought a block that did not face North, we would not have had to modify our house. (8m top and bottom CDC and 8m bottom, 12m top for Council minimum requirement from the back boundary).

Just some things to think about. Would I buy the corner lot again - yes. Just with a different aspect.
Also with corner lots the fencing has to start 10m behind front of house so a lot of the side yard becomes front yard. The design guidelines that MR can give you tell you the conditions for different types of blocks as does the council Glenmore park stage 2 info.

Dream home, are you having a front fence?

We have our first tender. Already lots of money due to variations. Probably one or maybe two more sets of changes before we can get it sent to developers. Did many people have to change things at developer's request?
We had to change our driveway - think it was more council than developer. The developer should have put in rolled edge driveway so we could put it wherever we wanted.
AiryFairy
We had to change our driveway - think it was more council than developer. The developer should have put in rolled edge driveway so we could put it wherever we wanted.

We moved our driveway too because we didn't like where it was located.
We didn't have any issues with approval but Masterton were very good with ensuring that we complied first time
out of curiousity.. anyone know much the latest blocks are going for? 450m2?
I would say between $295,000 and $315,000. Assuming land is between $650 and $700/m2. I think ours was closer to $640/m2 when we bought in August.
I wish.
I just bought in one of the latest releases 4B and paid340k for a 450sq block.
Tender this Thursday!! Exciting
Our plans went to council today!!!
Tina! I'm jealous. So I'm at the stage of paying for the plans to be drawn up. Does it go to council after that?
Oh dear unfortunately no! We were at that stage before Christmas and it has taken this long to get here. Hopefully it goes quicker for you...fingers crossed
Well that's depressing
they said they are going to draw up plans now which takes approx 4-6 weeks. What happens after that?
Our land is due to register mid June-early July. Hoping to pretty much get plans sorted and building soon after that. What are my chances?
Ps are u getting a pool?
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any blogs, if so please post the link. I love watching blogs, it gives you so much insight in to what's ahead of us. Our land should be registered next month, I am going to do a blog and will post a link once I start it.
Thanks guys!
Hi. I'm planning on getting a 6x3m fibreglass pool. Does 33k with everything included sound reasonable?
Lstr, we are paying around 24K all up but it is going in after so we don't need temp fencing. We are going to do the pool fencing separately.
Wow 24K is a good deal, who are you going with for your pool Airyfairy? So do you mean the pool is going in after handover??
WHAT? I'm getting ripped off. Who are you going through? Details pls. Maybe I can get out of it during cooling off
joejulesx
Hi Lstr123,

We are building with Unicus Homes. So far they have been great. Luke is very responsive and honest and we are so glad we picked Unicus. We have been approved by council so we should have a slab going down soon. Our block is on Bradley st.

Hey Jules - whats the latest with your slab? Been wondering when you will get your frames, i hope you get them soon.
Hi Guys,

- Just a question.. did anyone has to move their setback to 5m instead of 4.5 recommended by developers? EBH is asking me to move the setback to 5m means 500mm less backyard in the small 450sqm block.. they said it's a new CDC code asking for the same..
- Anyone been in this situation? just making sure EBH is not trying to cut cost after charging me 18k for the site cost..
- Our plan is with developers but these little things delaying the approval..

Cheers
bluestone dr
Hi Guys,

- Just a question.. did anyone has to move their setback to 5m instead of 4.5 recommended by developers? EBH is asking me to move the setback to 5m means 500mm less backyard in the small 450sqm block.. they said it's a new CDC code asking for the same..
- Anyone been in this situation? just making sure EBH is not trying to cut cost after charging me 18k for the site cost..
- Our plan is with developers but these little things delaying the approval..

Cheers

Hi, we were 4.5m setback off the boundary for our house. We were approved through CDC in February this year. Have you looked up the PCC DCP plan for Glenmore Park? This might give you some answers regarding Council's expectations. I'm not sure whether there is some info on a state government site about CDC regulations and whether it has changed.

Sorry that I'm not much help but good luck!
Lstr, what exactly is included in your pool contract?? I have just gone back through mine and it's $24k plus council and insurance etc, bringing it to $28k. We have also been paying bits and pieces as we have gone along, so that's why I've forgetten about the other costs.

Because ours is getting done after house handover (Narellan Pools chapman), so we don't need to hire any fencing (around $500 from memory), no cover for the pool while house construction is happening (@$1500). It's basically pool, plumbing, lights etc. No fencing. There is no allowance for dumping soil either.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum