Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING IN MANOOKA VALLEY CURRANS HILL

Page 27 of 45
Hi Everyone!

Things went a bit quiet on here but I see conversation has started again. Nice to see all the houses going up so quick. We are just waiting for CDC approval which is in the works and then hopefully we will be starting. Just finished our colour selections which was fun - and at times exhausting! and are now really happy with our choices and cant wait to start.

Must be so exciting for those of you that are nearly finished, so happy for you guys!
Ken & Lisa

Its been long since we logged on and posted on the forum. We are still there Ken & Lisa and we just had some delays with our broker on the finance side but hopefully next month they will be starting to build the house.

Its nice to see our good neighbours already concerned about us.

Your house is almost finished now and very soon you will be moving in.

Sorry about the noise when you move in and our house will still be under construction

Good day

Silva & Meritha
Hi Everyone

We are looking for some good referrals for companies that do driveways and landscaping.

How much are driveways if there is anyone who did a quote???

Thanks

Silva & Meritha
Hi Silva & Meritha,

Driveway costs will vary depending on the chosen colour, design and if any excavation work is required.

Generally speaking a standard driveway will cost between $75-$90 per m2.

I have someone doing mine in a couple of weeks - once he's finished do you want to have a look at his work and I can give you his details.

Thanks,
Paul (lot 111)
Hi Paul

Thank you so much for your reply and sure that would be nice for you to have his details.

Thanks

Silva & Meritha
So today I had an update in the form of KEYS

Moving in on Saturday as long as it's not too wet (no driveway yet). Think we'll have to buy some tar-pooling in the short term - wet clay is like a bog!
Congratulations Paul !

Hope the rain stops for you and all of us
So Saturday is out, the ground is crazy like a bog.

Next weekend it is

Now to phone everyone back and rearrange our gas, water, electric etc etc
Hi Everyone- We came by for a drive yesterday and were excited to see that our slab had just been poured.
I guess that means a big invoice in my inbox tomorrow.lol

We also met our neighbours who are about to start building behind us as well.
Let's hope we can see the frame up before Easter and that the builders can dodge all of the rain that is forecast to be around in April.

Happy days for us hope all is well with everyone too
Good news Pikey

At least the rain is keeping the slab healthy.

Unfortunately for me the rain has scuppered our moving plans again for the weekend, not sure what we will do now as we our out of our rental come Wednesday and there's no stopping the rain (and time for the clay to dry).

Think I might be having to buy a tonne or so of road base to create some access
Bad timing for you with the rain Siddo ....Road base sounds like a plan.
We noticed some piles of dirt down at yours I hope the rain doesn't hamper your landscape plans too much either. I think we have a side fence going up soon and hopefully a frame will come this week. Stormwater and sewer done (almost they forgot our extra gully for the pool) so we are hoping to have some frame up before Easter
Thanks - Yes the rain is holding up my landscaping too

Managed to move in over the weekend ourselves, hired a truck and did some heavy lifting. put boards down and struggled through but saved a bit of $ as we did it ourselves. Feel like I need a holiday now though!

Will hopefully have electrical work and a start to our front wall done this weekend coming, back retaining walls and fences to follow the following week all going well.
Hi Everyone good to see the rain has left us.
Our house is now moving along at a cracking pace. Our framework is almost done, the windows are in.. just the top storey roof left and a few bulkheads etc inside. The bricks were delivered today and we are jumping for joy at the pace after almost 9mths of paperwork. Let's hope it keeps up

Have a great Easter everyone
Hi all once again I haven't been getting the notifications of new post ...so sorry I haven't been on here chatting..

We are so close to PCI it should be next week if our carpets are in.

Our splash back was installed this morning so exciting !!!!!

Plus I noticed the park fencing has been removed woohoo ! I've spent all morning there with my son. We will be back out there tomorrow around 12:30 if anyone wants to meet up.

We are hoping to have the fencing removed early next week to so our landscaper can start. We hope to have most of it completed by the 14 th of May as he goes on holidays. So all the back yard needs to be cut and levelled etc before then and the retaining wall built. The rest of his workers can lay the turf etc on their own. This also works out good as our fencer said our fences can go in I the next 2 to 3 weeks time. Finally everything falling into place

Paul your shutters look great
I'm sure you can't wait to get the drive way finished. Your brick wall looks great too ...very fancy
when do you think your fencing will go in ?

I will pop back in to keep you all updated on our move in date.
Hi all, Damian & Candice here.

Congrats, hope you enjoy the area as we have for the past 8 years just one street back in Saddle Close.

We love the peacefulness of the area and being a smaller suburb, the community feel and touch wood have never had a problem.

Whilst we love where we are, we would like to build something a little bigger and have been eagerly anticipating stage 3 release. I was originally informed (by the website i think) that it was supposed to be this month (May) but haven't heard anything as yet.

Just wondering if any of you guys know?
Here is the web site and this is what it is saying so far..
http://www.manookavalley.net.au/

Set to release in the next few months, Stage 3 will undoubtedly be in high demand. So register your interest today, to make sure you don’t miss out on this rare opportunity.

This boutique land is ideal for anyone looking to build their dream home in this outstanding new neighbourhood. Located in the heart of Currans Hill, the lots are ready to build.

So register your details, to make sure you don’t miss out on the Stage 3 release coming soon!

We had our PCI and looking at getting our keys by the end of the month woohooo..
Thanks, Yep registered twice just to make sure
was sure the first time i registered a couple of months ago the web said May? Anyway, just have to play the waiting game
Hi Damien and Candice,

We have been eagerly awaiting stage 3 release too!
We sold our house in currans hill a couple of months ago and have moved our family into my parents place while we wait for manooka.

I was originally told April, then they weren't sure, but I took a trip over there last week and one of the TRN guys working on site was nice enough to let me go in and have a drive around what will be the new streets and have a chat about it. He said that the road surfacing is booked for June so he said the lots should be ready in June or early July - Fingers crossed!

Bianca
They are busy getting the roads ready . Lots of big equipment out there.

We all had different times told to us while the land and roads were getting prepared. It was very frustrating for everyone in stage 1. If the land registered when we were originally told we would have had our house finished by last Christmas. Trying to remember but I think our first date was early March but it didn't register until July!

I suggest use this time to find the house you want or at least narrow it down to a couple.
We had everything done and was only waiting for the land to be registered. Our DA was approved with 3 weeks of the land being registerd .
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm whether there will be a link road between manooka stage 3 and Gregory hills?

We walked through there on a gravel road that looks like it has been used for trucks however we are not sure if this will become a sealed road.

We are still going through council but hope to start our build in the next few weeks.
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum