Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Goodlife/Gemmil - Backyard & Decking July 2016

Page 27 of 64
hahaha i have never thought of doing that, but we have basically made ours the same as the display home, with a few slight changes.

But I know the old feeling. I havent been going to gigs or soundwave for many years now. You just get over the effort it takes for you to go there and actually have a good time haha!
Yeah we based all ours off a display home too, I was just like okay go on then if it makes you happy, haha.

Yeah so can not be bothered battling young emocore whatevers, and now 8 bands have pulled out it's hardly worth it. I'll goto a gig with a ticketed seat over festivals these days, haha.

Was looking at some other houses around us today, they were rendered and had their grey float up inside, does that mean that's next for us? Render? Please say yes? Haha
Not sure that I ever posted pictures of our ensuite tile and colour selections. I am having second thoughts about our feature wall tile (Palatino Clay) which will be the left hand wall at the end of the double shower. Worried it's too dark, but I think the colours go, and carry the theme of the house through to the bathroom well. Ahhh the second guessing begins!

Ensuite colours (Palatino Clay feature wall tile, Ecostone Grey floor tile, Satin White wall tile:

Overall house colours (Quickstep floors in blackbutt, Baye kitchen cabinetry, Alabaster bench top with bliss sh!take cabinetry, sandy/gold/browny glass splashback put with ensuite colours and our paint colours)

Looking at it all together I like it, looking at it by itself I'm worried it's a bit dark.. Maybe I should stop over thinking
I know how you feel. Personally, however, I think that dark wall is going to look lovely.
Thankyou, bit worried about the vanity benchtop colour too... Mist Grey.. I didn't want something too beigey so we steered away from Mole Skin that was in the display. Hopefully this works!
Hahaha don't worry our house is dark as anything as well! But I honestly hate white and bright! Not a fan of it at all!

This is our sink so far

I'm starting to get a little eh about the sinks =\ we upgraded them, but once the taps are in and mirror it might look better
Our house is really light and breezy so this is the only dark tile in our whole house, eek. But thanks - yours looks great! Do the sinks get cut in or do they sit on top?
Well I thought they got cut in!! I swear they are meant to be cut in! Well that's what we thought when we decided to go with them , if not it will be a little dudds pointing
Just got a quote for our curtains and blinds from Australian Curtain Industries - $14,600! Nearly fell over.

Anyone recommend any good suppliers who don't charge the earth for sheer curtains?
Also just got a quote from Lifestyle Wardrobes for our WIR - amazing service and the guy was so nice!

He has drawn this up and provided a quote and it was so excellently reasonable, room for everything!

Im so excited about having an organised wardrobe area for once, and being able to fit all our clothes in one area!!
jcbissor
Just got a quote for our curtains and blinds from Australian Curtain Industries - $14,600! Nearly fell over.

Anyone recommend any good suppliers who don't charge the earth for sheer curtains?

JTFC!
Looks like we'll be having sheets & towels if that's the going rate
Dukecaddy
jcbissor

JTFC!
Looks like we'll be having sheets & towels if that's the going rate

I know right. Might be Ikea specials at this rate, haha. A friend at work got all hers for $5k so I think its just a matter of shopping around
Internal rendering started today - the back bedrooms look tiny now! Hopefully they look big again with the white.

Still no action on the additional powerpoints - so lucky we mentioned it when we did, all walls around that wall in the activity area have been rendered.
Your internal walls are rendered? Not plastered?
Grey float is my suspicion.
Haha yes grey float, me and my poor terminology.
Does anyone know if we take out our WIR shelf and rail now if we would get a credit back?
jcbissor
Does anyone know if we take out our WIR shelf and rail now if we would get a credit back?

I think you might get charged a variation fee, though, but no harm in asking
jcbissor
Also just got a quote from Lifestyle Wardrobes for our WIR - amazing service and the guy was so nice!

He has drawn this up and provided a quote and it was so excellently reasonable, room for everything!

Im so excited about having an organised wardrobe area for once, and being able to fit all our clothes in one area!!

The WIR looks great! Jealous of your shoe shelf unit
and don't second guess yourself - if you love all those colours together now you will forever, hopefully - trust yourself!
Burnsfirsttime
jcbissor

I think you might get charged a variation fee, though, but no harm in asking

We considered taking ours out at pre start but were told that what we'd be credited was so pitiful it wouldn't be worth it, especially if we wanted to move in before we had the robes done, as we'd literally have no where to hang/store our stuff when we moved in. Now at least we will have somewhere to store things while we take some time to design exactly what we want and save the cash to pay for it all!

Love your design, by the way.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum