Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with MainVue Homes

Page 27 of 39
Hello hello hello,

I see MV are using WIN21 Corinthian Doors which are 2340mm high in their displays.

Does anyone know what type of glazing they used for the doors?
Mrs Aegean
Hi All,

Well finally after months and months of searching we have found the "THE ONE!!!" This home will suit hubby and the kids a treat, don't forget me of course...

We met the consultant at Williams Landing and he is fantastic, nothing was a problem, he even suggested things that we thought we would like to do to the home before we met him, it was like he was on the same page from start to finish of our walk through. (Higher ceilings, Refrigerative cooling etc etc). His walk through takes approx 45 mins and we walked out fully understanding what is standard and what is an extra, unlike these other consultants that give you a walk through in five minutes telling you everything that is not included and you walk out wondering what was included!

The Aegean is a design by Main Vue Homes, a division of the Henley Homes company, and trust me, there motto is so so true..."The Difference is Everywhere!"

We literally stumbled over this design after looking at Boutique homes, in the same estate, Williams Landing.

Finally a home with storage under the stairs and a shower to powder room as we will be putting a pool in after construction, and if people stay over they can have access to a shower on the ground floor, with a toilet and powder room.

Downstairs this home has a full size butlers pantry, not some butlers pantry that is a cupboard with double doors, a proper butlers with shelves, sink, splash back and over head cupboards.

The kitchen bench, wow wee...ask the consultant what the standard size of the kitchen bench is, it's massive! It's double the size of the other builders, especially "B!"

As for the Alfresco, yes you do get concrete to your Alfresco, we built our first home with PD, and all we got standard was well...soil to the alfresco, that was great when it started to rain! (Mud)

The big windows downstairs come in three panel timber to match the timber sliders and the recess in the family is...wait for it...standard...go and ask "B" if bulk heads and recesses are included...(ba boow!)

Going up the staircase in the Aegean it feels really wide unlike other builders and there is a lot of natural light coming in thanks to that massive window as you walk up the stair case.

As I walk through the double doors to enter the master suite I discover to my amazement there is two massive, did I say massive...walk in robes! With separate powder room, and an Ensuite with double vanity, massive shower and bath. Don't tell hubby but...he thinks he is getting his own walk in robe...I've got news for him
I'm taking both...

As for the leisure area it will be great for the kids and once again the recess is included with most builders these are always additional costs!

All the kids bedrooms are bigger than most other builders and two of the three kids rooms have walk in robes.

The house has three linen's and one of the linen's in a walk in linen.

Now for the icing on the cake... Finally...a builder who has standard double vanity to the bathroom! This room is like Bourke St at 6.45am... With a bath and massive shower for the kids...tick...tick...tick

We looked at all the other double storey's these guys offer and this really ticks all the box's, it's there best double by far, make sure you don't miss looking at this home.

We are building in Williams Landing and have noticed that there is a number of Main Vue homes under construction in the same estate now as well, which does not surprise me at all when you see there quality.

When we where in the home there where people wanting to build this home in Brighton as well... so it must be a good thing, now all I need is a Range Rover!

Thank You MV!!!

Such a fake review by mainvue lol
It made me laugh
We must be getting close to a site start soon. Dispensation and Developers Approval has come through. Still waiting on Asset Protection.
Ari...its been a long time in waiting! looking fwd to reading about your build
comfortablywacky
Ari...its been a long time in waiting! looking fwd to reading about your build

Hmm yeah.. Got a phone call at 4:55pm today. There really is only so much faith that once it gets passed on to the SS that a good build will prevail....
Mrs Aegean
Hi All,

Well finally after months and months of searching we have found the "THE ONE!!!" This home will suit hubby and the kids a treat, don't forget me of course...

We met the consultant at Williams Landing and he is fantastic, nothing was a problem, he even suggested things that we thought we would like to do to the home before we met him, it was like he was on the same page from start to finish of our walk through. (Higher ceilings, Refrigerative cooling etc etc). His walk through takes approx 45 mins and we walked out fully understanding what is standard and what is an extra, unlike these other consultants that give you a walk through in five minutes telling you everything that is not included and you walk out wondering what was included!

The Aegean is a design by Main Vue Homes, a division of the Henley Homes company, and trust me, there motto is so so true..."The Difference is Everywhere!"

We literally stumbled over this design after looking at Boutique homes, in the same estate, Williams Landing.

Finally a home with storage under the stairs and a shower to powder room as we will be putting a pool in after construction, and if people stay over they can have access to a shower on the ground floor, with a toilet and powder room.

Downstairs this home has a full size butlers pantry, not some butlers pantry that is a cupboard with double doors, a proper butlers with shelves, sink, splash back and over head cupboards.

The kitchen bench, wow wee...ask the consultant what the standard size of the kitchen bench is, it's massive! It's double the size of the other builders, especially "B!"

As for the Alfresco, yes you do get concrete to your Alfresco, we built our first home with PD, and all we got standard was well...soil to the alfresco, that was great when it started to rain! (Mud)

The big windows downstairs come in three panel timber to match the timber sliders and the recess in the family is...wait for it...standard...go and ask "B" if bulk heads and recesses are included...(ba boow!)

Going up the staircase in the Aegean it feels really wide unlike other builders and there is a lot of natural light coming in thanks to that massive window as you walk up the stair case.

As I walk through the double doors to enter the master suite I discover to my amazement there is two massive, did I say massive...walk in robes! With separate powder room, and an Ensuite with double vanity, massive shower and bath. Don't tell hubby but...he thinks he is getting his own walk in robe...I've got news for him
I'm taking both...

As for the leisure area it will be great for the kids and once again the recess is included with most builders these are always additional costs!

All the kids bedrooms are bigger than most other builders and two of the three kids rooms have walk in robes.

The house has three linen's and one of the linen's in a walk in linen.

Now for the icing on the cake... Finally...a builder who has standard double vanity to the bathroom! This room is like Bourke St at 6.45am... With a bath and massive shower for the kids...tick...tick...tick

We looked at all the other double storey's these guys offer and this really ticks all the box's, it's there best double by far, make sure you don't miss looking at this home.

We are building in Williams Landing and have noticed that there is a number of Main Vue homes under construction in the same estate now as well, which does not surprise me at all when you see there quality.

When we where in the home there where people wanting to build this home in Brighton as well... so it must be a good thing, now all I need is a Range Rover!

Thank You MV!!!

But wait, there's more!
Thanks to a wonderful neighbour who sent me a photo I know we've finally had site start!!! Yay!!!

Haven't heard anything from Mainvue though :/
Ari
Thanks to a wonderful neighbour who sent me a photo I know we've finally had site start!!! Yay!!!

Finally there! i'm looking forward to your thread now. We didnt hear from until until the slab was ready to pour the next day too.
Ari

Did it happened and have u got ur slab poured yet?

PEARZ
Ari

Did it happened and have u got ur slab poured yet?

Yes and we have a frame now too
Cool, so did u end up with the raft or waffle pod?

Start a build thread Ari! (Or show me the link if you already did and I've just missed it lol)
PEARZ
Cool, so did u end up with the raft or waffle pod?

Raft. I spoke to my building inspector about it and he said in no uncertain terms to let them change it if I could help it.
MrsT12
Start a build thread Ari! (Or show me the link if you already did and I've just missed it lol)

I haven't made one. I don't know what to write! Plus since its a battle-axe box its pretty hard to photograph. I keep getting sent photos from a neighbour from over their fence lol

Nothing happened this week except frame inspections so I'm itchy for progress next week.
Ari
MrsT12

I haven't made one. I don't know what to write! Plus since its a battle-axe box its pretty hard to photograph. I keep getting sent photos from a neighbour from over their fence lol

Nothing happened this week except frame inspections so I'm itchy for progress next week.

Hope frame inspection goes well for you!

Nice neighbours u have! Hoping ours is gonna be trouble free and I'm happy!

PEARZ

Hope frame inspection goes well for you!

Nice neighbours u have! Hoping ours is gonna be trouble free and I'm happy!

A few small issues. I got a letter saying they received the report and would reply in writing within 10 days.
How is everyone going?
How long does it take from color appointment to site start?
Totally depends on the area you're building in and how the contract signing goes. If there's any issues with the contract that need to be fixed nothing will happen till that's done.

My experience doesn't help you much because we had to wait for the land titles to go through, so as soon as the land was ready MV started within a week or so.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum