Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 259 of 862
Congrats CCC! Also cant wait to see pics.
thanks rups for that info......much appreciated
ma2531
hi monkeypantz, congrts on signing up on your new home...its a great feeling! its just the wait that takes forever!

just gotta to say great thread on pd upgrades...........i will add ours as soon as possible i wish that thread was there before we signed up cos the prices are so different..

can i also ask how do you put the tread to blog on the bottom of page.

Hi MA! The Waldorf is a nice looking floorplan, I can't wait to see it come together. I have checked out your blog, it must be so exciting to see some real action on the block

The upgrades thread is a great idea, I saw it when I was just stalking and knew it could be a great help to people. It was a shame it seemed to die off so quickly, so I was happy to bump it once we had our contract.
Hi guys... weekly blog update done... Feels like the house is really coming together now.

Having a small drama with drainage over our portico. Parts of it were removed and re-done on Friday. Into electrical fit off next week and tiling hopefully by the end of it!
Rups, your timber doors and windows look amazing!
Rups your home looks great! Cant wait to see the finished pictures:)
serenitynow
Hi monkeypantz, we built the drysdale too, we have been in our home for 5 weeks.
We just love the design of the home.
Your choices look great, I think u will end up with a beautiful home.

Wateman good luck with pci.

Hi monkeypants,

The appointment does go for quite a long time, doesn’t it? It's all done now which must feel pretty exciting. I look forward to seeing your blog updates with your selections and upgrades. It’s so exciting.
Cheers, Ebony
We have an appointment to finalise our construction drawing with our BC this week. Could someone please offer us some advice on this we must do and must not do.
PCI went great. Mostly minor paint touch ups, only major issue was a forgotten power point on the island bench. SS was straight onto it, wasn't happy with the sparkles but will be fixed tomorrow morning. Handover expected Friday!
J & C
We have an appointment to finalise our construction drawing with our BC this week. Could someone please offer us some advice on this we must do and must not do.

Somebody I'm sure will have better advice.. But just double check everything you want is there, be very thorough, as things can easily disappear or change.
Wateman
PCI went great. Mostly minor paint touch ups, only major issue was a forgotten power point on the island bench. SS was straight onto it, wasn't happy with the sparkles but will be fixed tomorrow morning. Handover expected Friday!

Great news Wateman! Your SS sounds great, really on the ball! Fingers crossed for a smooth handover this week

J & C I have no advice (but will be watching responses as final drawings is our next appointment), I just wanted to say good luck!
Congrats Wateman.... See you around..
sssfamily
Wateman
PCI on Monday morning!
Any tips for a n00b¿
I have purchased the PCI checklist from http://www.anewhouse.com.au/ and have an extra person coming with that has an eye for detail, but I still want to make sure we don't miss anything!

Don’t take the keys until all the issues fixed by PD...They don’t respond to phones or mails once we get the keys...We were in hurry to move into our new house during Easter break hence got the keys on April -5th with few outstanding Issues and also we found few more major issues after we moved in...Our SS suggested that he will get all of them fixed in next couple of weeks...But it’s more than 2 weeks and no one turned back to fix anything....we are keep on sending mails to BC and SS with most urgent issues but no one responding...there are so many minor issues but we asked below 10 as most priority and get it fixed immediately...

we are living in our new house but not with 100% satisfaction and never ever expect this from PD....very frustrating

1. Leakage in garage just on top of ducted vacuuming unit
2. Range hood cover extension is not still installed and it looks very ugly to see aluminium foil – waiting for it from last 3 weeks
3. We have done pre wiring for down lights. But in Rumpus room, they have done wiring just under beam and unable to fix down lights – it’s very strange how could they do that when we asked for down lights pre wiring
4. Front render – did wrong colour combination and waiting for the renderer to change it from last 3 weeks
5. Lock is broken from garage to house access door and we feel this is more unsecured issue
6. Dead lock is not working for Laundry door
7. Rubber came out from bi fold door and wind \ dust coming from the gaps
8. Upstairs Toilet is over flowing with water
9. The Games floors outside the door of Bed 2 and 3 squeaks when walked upon as do the floors within these bedrooms and it’s very very irritating
10. The finished ground level down the left hand side of this home has not been finished to fall away from the edges of the slab

Hi sssfamily,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties you’re experiencing with outstanding repairs on your build and disappointments with it not being 100% satisfactory. I understand your frustrations and would like to help you in getting the assistance you require, I have sent an email to main PD office to have this followed up for you. Please keep me in the loop with the progress on this. Regards, Ebony
cattycatcat
We have the keys!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes

Hi Cattycatcat,

Congratulations - that’s fantastic! I’m looking forward to your next blog update.
Cheers, Ebony
Hi H1,

Just another reminder that our display homes will be opening from 1 – 5pm tomorrow.

For more information on all our display homes here click here - http://www.porterdavis.com.au/#/locations

Our 1800 PORTER number will be closed ANZAC day, and for any maintenance issues please call 1300 744 833

If you have any further questions please ask.

Thanks,
Ebony’
Not only to do we have our keys, but we are in. Cant stay here long but excited to show you pics. Our sink is leaking LOL as is the toilet and main bathroom showerhead but they feel minor right now [though prob not so much!], we are so happy to be in!!
thebigbuild
Not only to do we have our keys, but we are in. Cant stay here long but excited to show you pics. Our sink is leaking LOL as is the toilet and main bathroom showerhead but they feel minor right now [though prob not so much!], we are so happy to be in!!

Congrats wishing you all the best with your new house. Can’t wait to see some pics.
thebigbuild

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Wateman

WOW thats funny our island power point was missing too! Our SS should it was documents at 1m 10 and he said well obviously the counter top isnt that high so maybe thats why the electrican didnt do it. Unfortunately our SS isnt like yours and our handover was shceduled for Monday.

Our PCI went well mostly paint touch ups and a forgotten power point and no rangehood. We should get our private inspectors report on thursday so it will be interesting to see if they found anything. We have decided to extend handover from Monday 30th to the 4th which is our moving day and the SS said not to have the house sitting there all week with the appliances and chance the risk of theft. This should give them more time to correct all the items.

Best of luck for handover on Friday!!
Hi All. Hope everyone is well.. we are currently at frame stage which is pretty exciting. Just wanted to know if anyone has a pic of the following colour scheme as I think I've made a mistake :S. Just want to see if its going to look any good.

Brick: Homestead Tan
Roof colour: Sambuca (black)
Fascia, downpipe and gutter: Colorbond woodland grey
Garage Door: Colorbond woodland grey

Much appreciated.

Thanks
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum