Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 255 of 862
thebigbuild
Wow I wonder if you dealt with someone else Serenitynow; we had to work to get them to get back into contact with us, then to get our quote, after that the quote was wrong and we asked them to correct it but they never got back to us. The fabric was like plastic coated is best way I describe it and the pricing was nothing special.. honestly, KD was like a breath of fresh air to us. I was so glad I persisted with my third quote to get it done through them.

We had a fab sales rep he only does bayside melb SE.
It depends on who your rep is.
My head hurt from the amount of choice he brang with him lol.
We got a massive discount due their special which lasted till new years.
My Sil had the same rep fit out a house in the bayside area But for her Other home in the outer south east a different rep came out and she was not so impressed.
It depends on who u get.
We had our PCI on Friday, all in all it went pretty well. Mostly we have a lot of paint touch ups and the manhole cover is missing.
We do have a slight issue though... Our laundry bench top has to be torn out and replaced as the sink was wrong and the correct sink doesn't fit the hole. We are crossing our fingers that this can be done Mon/Tues as we're aiming for a Thursday settlement... So please cross your fingers for us!

On the up side we put a deposit on a cream British short hair!!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
thebigbuild
Hey JLD!! Not knowing whether one is structurally more superior than another, my first thought it s that it depends totally on the look you are going for. Both look great.

One thing I can recommend is that if you are unsure fix it NOW. I picked up my kitchen issues on the day that they were put in and now many weeks after we might have our handover delayed because of the late fix that was not good enough.

Hey Pip! Thanks for that, yep I think I need to see it properly to decide if I like the look, just hoping that we haven't been built a cheaper version that what we paid $7K for

Another question for those playing at home
Was the bulkhead in your kitchen done before or after your o'head cupboards were put in? The bulkhead in our theatre has been done but not the kitchen....will ask the SS but just checking before I ask another dumb question
Hi JLD, Our bulkhead was put in after our o'heads were put in. Sometimes i would think things were being done out of order, but they end up working out in the end- I figured they know what they are doing.
Well we recevied our FINAL invoice on Friday and we haven't even been advised when PCI or possible handover is! Love how they work.

We went by the house on Saturday lots of windows were open so we went in! We we so happy with what has happened so far, still need a few door knobs, all power outlet covers, laundry wiring and sockets, all heater vents and painting of the render.

A few places in the cemnet sheeting under the eaves outside need a few touch ups but other than that we were very happy with the way things looks now. Pics will be on the blog shortly.
Sammyjane31
Well we recevied our FINAL invoice on Friday and we haven't even been advised when PCI or possible handover is! Love how they work.

We went by the house on Saturday lots of windows were open so we went in! We we so happy with what has happened so far, still need a few door knobs, all power outlet covers, laundry wiring and sockets, all heater vents and painting of the render.

A few places in the cemnet sheeting under the eaves outside need a few touch ups but other than that we were very happy with the way things looks now. Pics will be on the blog shortly.

That is hilarious SJ. I swear they just input into the computer when invoices are supposed to come out at the start of the build and then just let it all happen....never mind where you're actually up to. Glad you're happy with it and will go and stalk your blog shortly.

Sammyjane31
Hi JLD, Our bulkhead was put in after our o'heads were put in. Sometimes i would think things were being done out of order, but they end up working out in the end- I figured they know what they are doing.

That's why I didn't question it when it wasn't done awhile ago
This building caper is madness, we're all so on edge that they're going to make a mistake that we look for stuff that isn't there.....then they put the wrong staircase in

Our first build we did none of this, I wish we could have videoed us doing PCI
back then we just agreed to everything and picked up our keys that afternoon....to this day that house would have stuff that we never knew nor cared about.
JLD
Ok, just found my colour selection doc and it definitely says Metal Black Powdercoat.....hmmmm not sure whether I should insist on change or whether we could be happy with the stained wood

Anyone know if one is better than the other structure wise??

Powdercoat stringer

Wooden Stringer

I've got the same stair case contemparary option 1 and the stringer is wood. I'm my case I was hoping that they would install a wood stringer. The treated on a metal stinger are too exposed.
JLD
thebigbuild
Hey JLD!! Not knowing whether one is structurally more superior than another, my first thought it s that it depends totally on the look you are going for. Both look great.

One thing I can recommend is that if you are unsure fix it NOW. I picked up my kitchen issues on the day that they were put in and now many weeks after we might have our handover delayed because of the late fix that was not good enough.

Hey Pip! Thanks for that, yep I think I need to see it properly to decide if I like the look, just hoping that we haven't been built a cheaper version that what we paid $7K for

Was the bulkhead in your kitchen done before or after your o'head cupboards were put in? The bulkhead in our theatre has been done but not the kitchen....will ask the SS but just checking before I ask another dumb question

before the kitchen was intalled.. but our bulk head is plaster not MDF
tstr1a
JLD
thebigbuild

before the kitchen was intalled.. but our bulk head is plaster not MDF
tstr1a
JLD
Ok, just found my colour selection doc and it definitely says Metal Black Powdercoat.....hmmmm not sure whether I should insist on change or whether we could be happy with the stained wood

Anyone know if one is better than the other structure wise??

Powdercoat stringer

Wooden Stringer

I've got the same stair case contemparary option 1 and the stringer is wood. I'm my case I was hoping that they would install a wood stringer. The treated on a metal stinger are too exposed.

Ahhh thanks Tstr1a the bulkhead above the kitchen cupboards is MDF so that makes sense.

I do like the look of the wooden stringer but just a touch frustrated that it's not what we ordered....will wait to talk to the SS
Also note the wood stringer is a different to the type of wood used for the treads.

The Ms and I were always concerned that the gaps between the treads would be dangerous of kids (when we have them on day)... The wood stringer is a lot more thinker than the metal and less hazardous.... running up the stairs.
cattycatcat
We had our PCI on Friday, all in all it went pretty well. Mostly we have a lot of paint touch ups and the manhole cover is missing.
We do have a slight issue though... Our laundry bench top has to be torn out and replaced as the sink was wrong and the correct sink doesn't fit the hole. We are crossing our fingers that this can be done Mon/Tues as we're aiming for a Thursday settlement... So please cross your fingers for us!

On the up side we put a deposit on a cream British short hair!!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes

Hi cattycatcat,

Thanks for the update on your PCI and your blog, my fingers are crossed for you. Congratulations on your cream British short hair too, adorable. Cheers, Ebony
tstr1a
Also note the wood stringer is a different to the type of wood used for the treads.

The Ms and I were always concerned that the gaps between the treads would be dangerous of kids (when we have them on day)... The wood stringer is a lot more thinker than the metal and less hazardous.... running up the stairs.

I was wondering about the thickness of the the wooden stringer, my concern was that if it's not sturdy enough the kids could kick it as they go up the stairs and damage it long term?

SS not at work today so he'll call tomorrow.
Hey guys,

Activity has picked up for us last week, with a lot of the paintwork completed and the stone fitted.

Blog updated with pics!
Hey Rups,

Your house is looking great, I can’t wait to see all your upgrades come to life.
Does look nice and bright and airy!!
Looks great Rups!!! It's coming together nicely! Cant wait to see what they do in the next couple of weeks
I heard PD got sold yesterday
serenitynow

Interesting..

I have my 3 month inspection booked for the 4th May. Roughly 5 months after moving in.

We have a few problems, nothing major, grout in tiles is out biggest issue.
Rups
Hey guys,

Activity has picked up for us last week, with a lot of the paintwork completed and the stone fitted.

Blog updated with pics!

your house is looking amazing. Love the kitchen.
serenitynow

Did you hear this through the media? Or do you have someone on the inside?

Interested to see if this is rumour or fact
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum