Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 251 of 862
Hey Cinderella,

We,ve built a 43 square single story and we originally chose a Cat 3 brick which came in at around $2800. Unfortunately we had to change it because it went out of production. We then decided on a Cat 9 which really hit the hip pockets big time, no change out of $7500

Cheers
M
Hey Cinderella. Thats us exactly! 36sq, Cat 2 upgrade was around $560? Cheers.
thebigbuild
No time for a full update but we are so close. Facade almost done;just wall lights missing plus our decking to front step after handover. Ive never posted a pic in a post before so here goes nothing!

Wow Pip, even though we are building the same house they look so very different! Your colours and facade have come together beautifully

Not long now!!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Officially 2 weeks until hand over!!!
Woohoo!
We have PCI next Thursday (12th) got any tips for me?

cinderella_375
Hi guys

Just a quick one - we had colour today and wanted to check if anyone had done a Cat 2 brick upgrade or knew rough costs. We are building the 36sq.
Just pouring over the budget with a fine tooth comb trying to reign it in!!

Thanks!

allow $1,400
cattycatcat

your house looks amazing
Thanks all. Will see what it comes in at and let you know.

This thread makes me so excited when I see the progress everyone else is making.

CattyCat and JLD your blogs are awesome. Pics all look amazing!

Love seeing the landscaping too guys.
Sammyjane31
Team PD
Sammyjane31
Thanks everyone! We are very pleased with our colour selections, so nerve racking picking from a small sample. We originally choose dark counter tops and did a variation maybe 8 or so weeks ago to the lighter and I am really glad we did it as it would have been too dark.

Thanks again for checking the blog out

I cant wait to cook in there:)

Hi Sammyjane31,

Glad to hear you’re pleased with your colour selections and that your change to lighter counter tops paid off. It can be tricky choosing colours and surfaces from a small sample size. Has there been any further update regarding SEW delay? Cheers, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Actually there arent any SEW/sewer delays - I have spoken to the land office and the building developer and both have said no delays and in fact people are already living on the street. I also supplied our BC with the PIC# (something SEW provide) which she said she would have in a week or so, I then rang our building developer and supplied it to our BC in 5 minutes so she can forward to the permits department. Our BC also advised that our SS is working on booking our house through completion and will have this information avaialble straight after Easter and they are aiming for end of the month completion but will have exact dates next week.....fingers crossed.

Hi Sammyjane31,

I’m pleased to hear that you’ll have an exact date soon, and your BC and SS are working on this with you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to let me know and keep us in the loop with the progress on this. Cheers, Ebony
thebigbuild
No time for a full update but we are so close. Facade almost done;just wall lights missing plus our decking to front step after handover. Ive never posted a pic in a post before so here goes nothing!

Hi thebigbuild,

Your façade is looking fantastic! I’m loving the colour scheme of the render, bricks and your roof, plus the pop of your front door, it’s great. Have you looked into any landscaping for your front yard or thought about what kind of trees or flowers will choose. Seems like you have a bit of space to play with. How exciting, you don’t seem to far away now.
Cheers, Ebony
cattycatcat
Officially 2 weeks until hand over!!!
Woohoo!
We have PCI next Thursday (12th) got any tips for me?

Hi cattycatcat,

Good luck with your PCI next week, be sure to let us know how it goes.
Cheers Ebony
Porter Davis Easter Trading Hours

Hi Guys,

We hope you're all prepared for a lovely Easter break holiday!

I’d like to let everyone know the opening hours for Porter Davis over the Easter break.

Our display centres will be opened at the following times:

06/4/11 Good Friday CLOSED

07/4/11 Easter Saturday 11.00pm - 5.00pm

08/4/11 Easter Sunday 11.00am - 5.00pm

09/4/11 Easter Monday 11.00am - 5.00pm

Our 1800 PORTER line will be closed for a short break over the Easter period. It will be closed on Friday 6 April and Sunday 8 April. The line will be open on Saturday 7 April 10am-4pm and on Monday 9 April from 9am-5.30pm if you have any questions for the team.

If you have a maintenance issue over the break, you can call 1300 744 833.

We'd like to wish you a Happy Easter from everyone at Porter Davis. Have fun & stay safe.

Cheers, Ebony
Happu Easter everyone
Happy Easter!

Did you guys freak out the next day after colour selections?! Having a bit of a worry as those little coloured squares of laminate and stone stare back at me. It's soooo hard to tell what it will look like!
cinderella_375
Happy Easter!

Did you guys freak out the next day after colour selections?! Having a bit of a worry as those little coloured squares of laminate and stone stare back at me. It's soooo hard to tell what it will look like!

It's only natrual to second guess.... I second guess for the entire build.
tstr1a
cinderella_375
Happy Easter!

My color selections (plus the Hopeton and tile selections) were done back in 2010. I still freak out over them from time to time. Now that some of them are getting close to being done in my build I constantly have second thoughts about them. I go back to my little samples and then online to look at kitchens and living area pics and look for the ones that might match mine. I have been doing that on and off for the last year or more.

I think its just natural.

On another note, I have found that going with your first selections is usually 99% correct. We made one slight change and that was only a few days after our color selections (which was to keep the gutters, fascia and downpipes the same color. I picked a different color fascia originally and after a day figured it would look a lot better as all the same color).
thebigbuild

Looks beautiful! You must be pleased:) Are you asking the electrican to add the lights on the front columns or are you doing them post handover??? We have them lights too and i was thinking i could ask them to install them during electrical fitoff??

Do you have any internal pics???
Zinner
tstr1a
cinderella_375
Happy Easter!

My color selections (plus the Hopeton and tile selections) were done back in 2010. I still freak out over them from time to time. Now that some of them are getting close to being done in my build I constantly have second thoughts about them. I go back to my little samples and then online to look at kitchens and living area pics and look for the ones that might match mine. I have been doing that on and off for the last year or more.

I think its just natural.

On another note, I have found that going with your first selections is usually 99% correct. We made one slight change and that was only a few days after our color selections (which was to keep the gutters, fascia and downpipes the same color. I picked a different color fascia originally and after a day figured it would look a lot better as all the same color).

We only a few months ago made a variation to the ceasar stone we selected and I am glad i changed my mind because now when i look at it I couldn't imagine it different. I am still nervous about our ensutie cabinet colour and the tiles we slected as it's a lighter colour and the rest of the house has darker cabinets- we just wanted something different in the ensuite....I have been told it's not that hard to change laminate should we really not like it.
cinderella_375
Hi guys

Just a quick one - we had colour today and wanted to check if anyone had done a Cat 2 brick upgrade or knew rough costs. We are building the 36sq.
Just pouring over the budget with a fine tooth comb trying to reign it in!!

Thanks!

$950 for a 30sq...you should expect a ballpark of around $1200...this is for Austral.
$1200!! Wow! We have Austral bricks, 36sq - $560 upgrade for Cat 2. Why so much for you guys?
Im so wrong - 30 sq of course for Drysdale30! LOL.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum