Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 26 of 28
550 deep should suit the vast majority of undermount vanities.

I'm intalling undermount for additional benchspace and the fact I'm installing wall mounted basin mixers.

Finally got our blinds sorted. Yay!!

I got a few quotes and the highest two quotes I got were 15k and 16k for a mix of mostly roller blinds and a few plantation shutters.

We did some searching and came across a company online (https://www.blindscity.com.au) that makes the plantation shutters in Melbourne. They were super helpful.

Quality is very good and we managed to upgrade the whole house to plantation shutters for way cheaper than some of the quotes that had just 5 windows done in shutters.

One thing off the list very happy.

Hopefully will be ready to install in 3 weeks

Stone went in today. Very happy.

Awesome finish Chris. Just the right amount of character on the stone. Hows the rest of the fitout looking?

Stone looks awesome!! Can’t wait to get ours done now

Beautiful
Thanks guys.

Vanities and basins started going in. It's so painfully slow to watch.

It's getting close now mate.

Better start planning the move.

SteveMc
It's getting close now mate.

Better start planning the move.

Thanks mate. Fitoff is going very slow.

Christoshizz
Thanks guys.

Great tile selection mate. Love the color. Is it from beaumont tiles?
Mt.view
Christoshizz
Thanks guys.

Great tile selection mate. Love the color. Is it from beaumont tiles?

Tks mate.
No another place in Melbourne called La Monte Tiles. Price was very reasonable.

Christoshizz
Progress. Finally.
Insulation installed. We upgraded all the internal walls to the soundproof stuff and went crazy on insulating sound for cinema. Also did the garage cos I figured would help to keep my beer fridge cool lol.

Plaster starts Monday.

Putting insulation on in between floor was a great move. Did the build say anything about ceiling light ventilation? We did insulation around all walls but forgot to put then in between floor. Fingers crossed to see if site manager can snag it in.
Mt.view
Christoshizz
Progress. Finally.
Insulation installed. We upgraded all the internal walls to the soundproof stuff and went crazy on insulating sound for cinema. Also did the garage cos I figured would help to keep my beer fridge cool lol.

Plaster starts Monday.

Putting insulation on in between floor was a great move. Did the build say anything about ceiling light ventilation? We did insulation around all walls but forgot to put then in between floor. Fingers crossed to see if site manager can snag it in.

Nah they just leave a small Perimiter gap around each ceiling light.

Insulation between floors made a huge difference. I think we put r3 batts in between the floors from memory. It really helps do it if you can! Pm me if you need more info happy to help.

Christoshizz
Mt.view
Christoshizz
Progress. Finally.

Plaster starts Monday.

Nah they just leave a small Perimiter gap around each ceiling light.

Insulation between floors made a huge difference. I think we put r3 batts in between the floors from memory. It really helps do it if you can! Pm me if you need more info happy to help.

Cheers mate. Will give a site manager a friendly call soon. Also the oversized highlight windows turned out great imo.
Blackbutt Decking wouldn't be from a certain Mark from Kinglake would it?

JB1
Blackbutt Decking wouldn't be from a certain Mark from Kinglake would it?

Yep. Top bloke and top product.
Very passionate about his products.

Talking to mark about wood is like talking to Steve Irwin about crocodiles! Highly recommended.

I purchased some spotted gum posts from him today and also saw some nice blackbutt decking.

I'm planning to use it for my modest deck.

They ability to go up to 1200mm centres is attractive.

Hi there have been following your thread for over a year will start my own soon also building a hamptons home. Amazing love your taste. Would you mind sharing what the kitchen stone benchtop is called? Thanks in advance
Tolgz
Hi there have been following your thread for over a year will start my own soon also building a hamptons home. Amazing love your taste. Would you mind sharing what the kitchen stone benchtop is called? Thanks in advance

Hey Tolgz, thanks heaps. No worries. It's called Calcutta signature by a company called stone ambassador. Im really happy with it and the price was much cheaper than Caesarstone.

So our stairs pendants went in today.
My wife spent the day with the electrician's working out positioning etc.

To be honest I'm not 100% happy as I wanted them closer together but I'm over it, it's too late to fix them now so like this they shall stay.

They still look ok! It's funny their position appears different from every angle.

Related
14/06/2024
Cabinetry / Tiling / Painting

Building A New House

Thanks for this.. seems we are closer to the end that we realized.. just ours are in a different order it appears.

16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum