Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone Heard of Freelife Homes in WA

Page 26 of 47
kimbers387
Does anyone know who freelife uses for home indemnity insurance?

QBE Insurance on top of my head
N3ll3
Mike_d
Angrymamma
Is there any way to find out if they are financial viable and or going into receivership etc? are there ways to check???
I don't think so, once they have stopped trading all together I beleive we would get notified but until then I don't think there is. I spoke to my insurance company and that was in feb and they were still trading... Surly by now they would be getting investigated... There is just to many of us on here with so many issues...! All my complaints are now submitted and Freelife called me to say they had received it and will pass onto the director.

Your complaints sound like they were submitted to Freelife, is that correct? If so, I believe it will fall on deaf ears.

I recommend submitting a complaint to the Building Commission, if you haven't already.

+1
QBE is the insurer for the Home Indemnity, This policy will not activate unless the following happen:

Residential Builders Warranty insurance covers loss or damage resulting from non-completion of work, loss of deposit or breach of statutory warranty. Cover may be triggered due to:

death of the builder
disappearance of the builder
insolvency of the builder - this can take years to happen.

Its going to be a long process getting answers and homes finished.
Midori91
QBE is the insurer for the Home Indemnity, This policy will not activate unless the following happen:

Residential Builders Warranty insurance covers loss or damage resulting from non-completion of work, loss of deposit or breach of statutory warranty. Cover may be triggered due to:

death of the builder
disappearance of the builder
insolvency of the builder - this can take years to happen.

Its going to be a long process getting answers and homes finished.

That's what I thought - that them going insolvent will not end our problems. Always said I'd prefer freelife just to finish the house!
hello everyone,

we are also building with freelife unfortnately

we started in mid 2013:::
contracted 220 working days are already up in end of oct 2014
no work has been done since june 2014
just getting extention letters one upto feb which is gone another untill june

cant beleive have tried evrything calling them, chasing through emails, visting their office

not getting anywhere

i wanted to know if anyone could help here that according to HIA contract can they keep extending your compltion dates and holding the possetion offcourse no work has been done. acording to my understanding once they ended up 220 days contract without give possesion it needs to be both parties shud be agreed for extention.

Is anyone went to building commission yet, pls let us know as we are now going to lodge a complaint against them.
This company is taking over our lives.
Kaush2013 I have sent you a msg

hey Charlotte33,

I got your msg I replyed to you chek your inbox.
Very frustrating.( freelife homes)
kaush2013
hello everyone,

cant beleive have tried evrything calling them, chasing through emails, visting their office

not getting anywhere

i wanted to know if anyone could help here that according to HIA contract can they keep extending your compltion dates and holding the possetion offcourse no work has been done. acording to my understanding once they ended up 220 days contract without give possesion it needs to be both parties shud be agreed for extention.

Is anyone went to building commission yet, pls let us know as we are now going to lodge a complaint against them.

If you're having problems with Freelife - unfortunately contacting and placing complaints to them is not going to solve your problems.

I would suggest issuing a complaint against Freelife with the BC, or at least asking them for advice on your contract issues. Potentially HIA as well. I think Freelife will keep getting away with their time extensions if you do not do anything.
N3ll3
kaush2013
hello everyone,

not getting anywhere

If you're having problems with Freelife - unfortunately contacting and placing complaints to them is not going to solve your problems.

I would suggest issuing a complaint against Freelife with the BC, or at least asking them for advice on your contract issues. Potentially HIA as well. I think Freelife will keep getting away with their time extensions if you do not do anything.

Yep everyone has to get on board and go to the building commission, yes it's unfortunate but it's the only way to get a step closer to where we all want to be... In our homes!!
Today Tonight might be interested in this.

Today Tonight or Current affair will be good at least no one will stuck with them like us
Has anyone had any progress on their house? I went and saw mine last night and still nothing :/
We haven't seen any movement in at least 10 weeks.
No updates on mine either!
I spoke to the building commission last week but they couldn't tell me much when I asked about Freelife because of confidentiality but he did mention the indemnity insurance so I emailed Freelife and got them to send me my copy.

Still no work on my house, but that wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I don't expect anymore work to be done by Freelife on my house. I do expect the indemnity contract kicking in though. Just a question of how long will that take.
bingaloo
I spoke to the building commission last week but they couldn't tell me much when I asked about Freelife because of confidentiality but he did mention the indemnity insurance so I emailed Freelife and got them to send me my copy.

Still no work on my house, but that wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I don't expect anymore work to be done by Freelife on my house. I do expect the indemnity contract kicking in though. Just a question of how long will that take.

The indemnity insurance wil not kick in unless freelife go under as far as I understand?!
We have some little houses in byford here . Builders freelife . I thought they were going up really quick .then relized nothing since last year . I really feel for you guys and maybe of you get together and complain you will get answers . Good luck to you all . And I'm sure you have helped lots of people to decide not to build with them
Just spent the evening reading this thread. I had my pad go down in October and brick work finished in early November and since nothing! I deal in contracts and they have already tried to get more money out of me but unsuccessful! I guess I should wait for the site works amendment... I won't be paying that and I am sure HIA wouldn't allow it. I was there when my work was completed and it took them 3 days to do the brick work so if they tried the generator thing on me it wouldn't work! I will be calling the Building Commission tomorrow and also the department of consumer protection to start action against them. If not to help me to stop anyone using this negligent useless company ever! Hopefully they go under and we all can claim on building insurance and get the houses we are building finished!
Hi Everyone,

So glad I came across this thread Friday night, I'm also another Freelife Homes very unhappy customer. My slab went down in April, Lock up beginning of December, Contract up March and I've had nothing done to my house ever since. Apparently there waiting on doors to be delivered and painters to arrive but who knew 4months later I would still be waiting. My complaints are also falling on deaf ears.

Would anyone be interested in holding a group meeting with Freelife at there head office in Perth, Maybe if we all turn up and demand to have a group meeting in a non threatening way they will be forced to answer our questions......Hopefully!
Read other complaints it won't help I was on the phone to the building commission this morning and as soon as they heard capital works constructions I was put straight through to investigations. Email enforcement@commerce.wa.gov.au and explain what is happening, I have just done the same! good luck
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum