Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Villa 24 @ Karinya, Point Cook. 3mth Maint. 6mth late!

Page 26 of 28
amazing_venice
Oh sorry - From reading other threads I thought PCI was that last show-through before handover. I don't actually know what the P, C and I stand for, haha. I was TRYING to sound all in-the-know! backfired!

It is Practical completion inspection, and we are clearly not ready for that, two weeks at least I think... if they work.

Kaytee
Wonder how long they will take to finish that small list of things. My wish for you is very soon.

Thanks Kaytee!
sallyannbolton
You had plumbers there today!

Indeed we did. But thats all!

They installed the last toilet and bath taps that they didn't do on their last visit.

According to our great shared SS tomorrow should be busy. Will see yeah!

Anything happening at yours Sally? Tiles? Kitchen?
We can now cross off the Down pipes from that list I made yesterday! Unfortunately thats all.
We can now cross off the Down pipes from that list I made yesterday! Unfortunately thats all.
Good but pathetic.
Kaytee
Good but pathetic.

LOL! Agreed.
Far out... 1 job? really? Hope tomorrow is more productive!!
So what's news dude?
I cant comment as the words I need to use will get me in trouble.
another week has passed.... dare I ask?
1st walk through will be Monday 4th April.

To do list;

Brick expansion joints
Silicone bathrooms and tiles (whole house)
Finish skirting around garage external access door
Install garage door
Slight gaps above windows to be covered with aluminum infill (around 5cm gaps)
Attach doors and handles including front door lock
Paint touch ups
MDF capping on stair dwarf wall
Carpet

All minor jobs but will it be done by Monday?
yeah right.
hmmm...... well I hope it happens for you
(
So it's the 4th of April.... did it happen? xo
amazing_venice
So it's the 4th of April.... did it happen? xo

Ha! Did you really think it would?

I did go as did our ss, quite pointless. Have to go again on Friday. Ready then? Who knows.

Only positives are carpet is in and garage door started just after I got there this morning.

Mostly finished but still far from happy.

We are still waiting on internal doors to be re attached and the garage skirting to go on so the painters can finish.

It feels like we are getting to the point where we will take it however it is to get past this situation. I am very eager to leave my mark on every review site I can find.

*breath*
I honestly can't believe your still going

Hope you get those keys very soon!!
brb_654
I honestly can't believe your still going

Hope you get those keys very soon!!

Lol believe it!
Such a joke... I honestly can't believe it either. Well, you're a little closer at least. Despite all the crap that's going on - how's the quality?
amazing_venice
Such a joke... I honestly can't believe it either. Well, you're a little closer at least. Despite all the crap that's going on - how's the quality?

I must say quality (besides our patchwork brickwork) is fairly good. But maybe it's only cosmetic quality due to the excess of upgrades we made like porcelain tiles, gloss cabinets, etc.

But putting aside length of build, attitude of staff, actually anything to do with the builder, we are fairly happy. So I guess that's a good thing.

So this coming Friday will be the walk through and hopefully it will be paint only touch ups that are required. So maybe just over 2 weeks till hand over... *fingers crossed*
Just for you.
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/snnyk8/thfingers-crossed-emoticon.gif
Related
5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum