Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 241 of 828
Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. Our little family have decided after much consideration to use WH for our forever home and are building the Manhattan 44 (but will be closer to 48 as we had to move garage as land is at the end of a cul de sac). We signed our tender 3 weeks ago. Besides a few minor changes we are very happy. Waiting on a revised tender, we have been advised today its 10 days away, (so 5 weeks for a revised tender) is this normal? Also when do WH organise appointments? Thanks to everyone on this thread for the valuable information which I hope will make admin process a little easier. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Building Manhattan 44
lombieagle
Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. Our little family have decided after much consideration to use WH for our forever home and are building the Manhattan 44 (but will be closer to 48 as we had to move garage as land is at the end of a cul de sac). We signed our tender 3 weeks ago. Besides a few minor changes we are very happy. Waiting on a revised tender, we have been advised today its 10 days away, (so 5 weeks for a revised tender) is this normal? Also when do WH organise appointments? Thanks to everyone on this thread for the valuable information which I hope will make admin process a little easier. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Building Manhattan 44

Hi Lombieagle. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a smooth ride.

I believe WH organises appointments once you make the initial 5% deposit.
Hashem - how did your PCI go??

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

We usually waited 2-3 weeks between tender revisions but plans take much longer (standard wait seems to be about 2.5-3 months to get plans ATM).

Have you paid the $5k deposit yet? First round of appointments (kitchen and tiles) are organised after that deposit while they're working on your draft plans. We have been postponing those appointments now for 3 months while waiting for the plans first because we changed kitchen and bathroom layouts. If you have made changes that will impact on quoting your kitchen or tiling, the colours team won't know and will still try to book you in so keep that in mind

Once you sign off plans they will move you to contract and pay the 5% deposit, then finally you get 2nd appointments for colours, electrical and landscaping.

Jenifermarie
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

We usually waited 2-3 weeks between tender revisions but plans take much longer (standard wait seems to be about 2.5-3 months to get plans ATM).

Have you paid the $5k deposit yet? First round of appointments (kitchen and tiles) are organised after that deposit while they're working on your draft plans. We have been postponing those appointments now for 3 months while waiting for the plans first because we changed kitchen and bathroom layouts. If you have made changes that will impact on quoting your kitchen or tiling, the colours team won't know and will still try to book you in so keep that in mind

Once you sign off plans they will move you to contract and pay the 5% deposit, then finally you get 2nd appointments for colours, electrical and landscaping.

Thanks. Yes we have paid the $5k deposit. I guess we need to wait patiently for WH to call us to arrange those appointments.

@ hashem thanks for the welcome

Building Manhattan 44
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

Hi Lombieagle,

Good choice in design.
In regards to time waiting for a revised tender, how long is a piece of string? As per forum comments here, you can get lucky and have it within a week or two or unlucky and be waiting months. All I can suggest is to make contact once the advised period is up, and after that make it more commonly known that you are still waiting.
We had a period of 3.5 months waiting for changes to initial tender to be correct (it came back wrong multiple times), until finally we were able to sign off on the contract.

Re appointments, depending upon what changes are made to the masterplan, W sometimes waits for the drafting/estimators to finalise your tender before allowing appointments to occur. If hardly any changes, then as others have said external appointments can start, Home Central appointments once you pay them more $$$.

Good luck, happy times ahead.
lombieagle
Jenifermarie
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

Thanks. Yes we have paid the $5k deposit. I guess we need to wait patiently for WH to call us to arrange those appointments.

Building Manhattan 44

Have you received your welcome USB? We got our first call about appointments roughly a week after that arrived.

ozmonkeyoy
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

Hi Lombieagle,

Good choice in design.
In regards to time waiting for a revised tender, how long is a piece of string? As per forum comments here, you can get lucky and have it within a week or two or unlucky and be waiting months. All I can suggest is to make contact once the advised period is up, and after that make it more commonly known that you are still waiting.
We had a period of 3.5 months waiting for changes to initial tender to be correct (it came back wrong multiple times), until finally we were able to sign off on the contract.

Re appointments, depending upon what changes are made to the masterplan, W sometimes waits for the drafting/estimators to finalise your tender before allowing appointments to occur. If hardly any changes, then as others have said external appointments can start, Home Central appointments once you pay them more $$$.

Thanks. Yes it is and it fits our needs. Its a great product! Looking at your timings we may need to lower our expectations lol

Building Manhattan 44
Jenifermarie
lombieagle
Jenifermarie
[quote="lombieagle"]Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

Building Manhattan 44

Have you received your welcome USB? We got our first call about appointments roughly a week after that arrived.

[/quote]
Yes we received the USB when we signed the tender and paid the $5K

Building Manhattan 44
lombieagle
ozmonkeyoy
lombieagle
Hi All,

Building Manhattan 44

Hi Lombieagle,

Good choice in design.

Thanks. Yes it is and it fits our needs. Its a great product! Looking at your timings we may need to lower our expectations lol

Building Manhattan 44

Yes definitely add a year to whatever move in date you are expecting HAHA (I wish I was kidding!!!)

I thought we would be in just after our wedding... And now We may not even make it in for our first wedding anniversary...

MrsLlamas2016
lombieagle
ozmonkeyoy
Hi Lombieagle,

Good choice in design.

Building Manhattan 44

Yes definitely add a year to whatever move in date you are expecting HAHA (I wish I was kidding!!!)

I thought we would be in just after our wedding... And now We may not even make it in for our first wedding anniversary...

We will also be very close to a year behind where we had hoped to be. Was initially hoping for move in end of last year/early this year, but within a few weeks of dealing with W we knew it wasn't a realistic option.

Our scaffolding was installed yesterday, and SS just advised that he is hopeful that Brickies will be back on site late next week to get the build moving again.
Also the Steel Beam holding our front balcony that was manufactured too short, is getting replaced early next week.

This is the Rosewood stain for anyone interested and still at colours stage.,

MrsLlamas2016

I really like that colour. Did you get the garage door in matching colour? Also is there an additional charge for the frosty glass on the door?
lombieagle
MrsLlamas2016

I really like that colour. Did you get the garage door in matching colour? Also is there an additional charge for the frosty glass on the door?

We got the merbau colour timber-look garage door. It was the closest match (in our opinion! ) but a $990 upgrade.

Yes extra charge for translam (the frosty glass) at $120 and for the stain Itself at $290. The standard is just a paint colour or clear sealing stain. These prices are pretty old (2015/2016) so wouldn't be surprised if they have gone up...

ozmonkeyoy
Chinoandbebe
Jordann
Saw these and curious to know how much they are later and if they work with stacker.

Did anyone ask Wisdom how much it would cost for a recessed sliding track? Wished we thought of that.

I asked Wisdom months ago if we could recess the tracts to our alfresco sliding doors but they said no, it's not easy to do. I know other builders that do it though. A shame cause I really wanted it...

May I ask who told you no? Was it sales rep in display home or in your appointed CSO @ HO (Sorry not sure what stage you are at)?

There were a few things that we were told we could not have during our admin journey, but have found out we could have had them, only to be told incorrect information. If you want something, I would certainly push them as hard as you can. For example we were originally told no pendant light in powder room, no glass shelve in ensuite niche, no changes to selected facade, but we pushed on some and some items were agreed to.
Pity that there is no consistency.

It was Wisdom H/O, our Tender and Contract Team Leader who checked and said no. At least they agreed on some of the items for you, that's good to know.
The stage we are at is still waiting for our revised plans to come back. They surely take their time. It's been two weeks and nothing. Hopefully everything will be right and then we can receive our contract and move a little closer. Can't wait to do our next appointments.
Chinoandbebe
ozmonkeyoy
Chinoandbebe
I asked Wisdom months ago if we could recess the tracts to our alfresco sliding doors but they said no, it's not easy to do. I know other builders that do it though. A shame cause I really wanted it...

May I ask who told you no? Was it sales rep in display home or in your appointed CSO @ HO (Sorry not sure what stage you are at)?

There were a few things that we were told we could not have during our admin journey, but have found out we could have had them, only to be told incorrect information. If you want something, I would certainly push them as hard as you can. For example we were originally told no pendant light in powder room, no glass shelve in ensuite niche, no changes to selected facade, but we pushed on some and some items were agreed to.

It was Wisdom H/O, our Tender and Contract Team Leader who checked and said no. At least they agreed on some of the items for you, that's good to know.
The stage we are at is still waiting for our revised plans to come back. They surely take their time. It's been two weeks and nothing. Hopefully everything will be right and then we can receive our contract and move a little closer. Can't wait to do our next appointments.

I would be asking again after you sign the contract, when you begin speaking with your CSO. They will be your main point of contact after being handed over from your Contract Team Leader. Given that there are delays in the admin process, certainly bring it up with your CSO and even in your colours appointment as well - because of the delays, something that was not allowed 3 months ago may now be allowed by the builder, especially if competitors are offering this.

Hopefully they change their mind for you.
Chinoandbebe
ozmonkeyoy
Chinoandbebe
[quote="Jordann"]Saw these and curious to know how much they are later and if they work with stacker.

Did anyone ask Wisdom how much it would cost for a recessed sliding track? Wished we thought of that.

The stage we are at is still waiting for our revised plans to come back. They surely take their time. It's been two weeks and nothing. Hopefully everything will be right and then we can receive our contract and move a little closer. Can't wait to do our next appointments.[/quote]

Feel your pain on the wait. We've been waiting 3 weeks on revised plans now. They were 100% promised to be ready today when I spoke to Wisdom yesterday. Today it's a maybe for Monday

I've started to forecast how much extra we can save whilst only paying the land loan because we're clearly not going to be anywhere close to ready by registration in June.

MrsLlamas2016

Are u happy with it mrsllamas? It doesn't look to bad does it? I've really gotten used to ours but do with hat out handle was put on after the door had been stained like yours will be. Few little splats on it (fussy, i know!)

msjovi
Kirst10
Hi guys, ive been off here for a few weeks - and what an emotional few weeks we've had. We had PCI on the 9th. There was only minor things to do - some more paint touch ups, one room didnt have the carpet done and some bricks needed a better clean. We got a call from SS on the Friday after to tell us that after waiting nealy 4mths to get our garage door installed, someone has damaged it. I could have died. I told hubby he needs to deal with SS now as im going to have nervous breakdown! SS told hubby to call last week to see where things were at as he wasnt able to set handover. Wednesday came around and we got told that Di Lorenzo have run out of our carpet and wont be in stock till end of month and we cant handover till then! I was devo'd. One room without carpet and they cant handover. I said that i didnt mind moving in without that room done as it's one of our spares, but no (apparently he'd called the boss and that was the answer). Friday came round and he was not answering our calls and msgs. He finally called me back and raised his voice at me through the phone. I was hysterical. Called hubby who called HO who gave him the bosses number. Boss said he knows nothing about our house and certainly doesn't see a reason why we couldn't move in without one room carpeted! He said leave it with him and he'll make some calls. Within 2 hours, they were getting the carpet from another supplier and we have handover Thursday 23rd - tomorrow. SS was trying to call me but I wasn't answering after the way he had spoken to me. Finally answered and . I'll admit i was quite short with him. But we are finally handing over tomorrow.
Phew. What a week. Im glad it's over to be honest. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow once we have the keys in our hot little hands lol.
I hate to say it, but im not even excited. The last week has really taken the shine off it all and I just want it to be done. We have our tiler booked in to start on Friday as we have that to do and he'll probably take over a week so we'll be moving on the 8th/9th. Right before I have the family over for Easter!!!
Sorry for the Novel - just new you guys would be able to understand. I know our issue pale in comparison to some of you guys. Just keep your chin up and it will all be over eventually!

Oh Kirst, I feel your pain!! Nothing can prepare you for the let down you feel when timelines aren't met and delays start to happen. Look at us.. over 6 months down and we still don't have externals finished! I'm hoping you got to handover OK?!

It's horrible isn't it!
We had handover yesterday and all went well. SS was fine and even had a few jokes with us.
You poor thing msjovi. I can't imagine how over it you are.

One funny thing RE carpet gate at our place, doing finally walkthru I looked at the carpet that had been laid in the dreaded final bedroom and thought hhhmmm doesn't quick look right to me. But didn't say anything (figured we have 90days for any defaults) so when hubby and I went back later in the arvo I got him to look at it. He didn't see what I was talking about so I got him to grab a scrap piece from the garage of the other carpet and put it down next to it. It's the wrong $&@!ing carpet he goes!! Hahahaha it's the same colour but the little squares in it are much tighter or closer together than the original one in all the other rooms. Lol. I had to laugh. Shaun said to me, did u realise this this morning?! I said yes straight away but who cares! We have our keys now and I wasn't going to delay that anymore! It will be going on the maintenance list

Very happy to have these in my lap!

** glass of bubbles with hubby last night back at mums to celebrate after a loooong day!

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum