Will be better once they seal it too.

Awesome, can’t wait!
shokel1975
Renman

Awesome, can’t wait!

Oooohh very exciting.

Any word on Handover yet?
Will you make Melbourne Cup in the new house?
Blacktea2sugars
shokel1975
Renman

Awesome, can’t wait!

Oooohh very exciting.

Any word on Handover yet?
Will you make Melbourne Cup in the new house?

No word yet! We were told handover would probably be end of this month, but I am thinking it will be at least a week later. Fingers crossed! We are planning to do a few things after handover and move in end of November - so in for Christmas with the kids which will be great!
As I thought would happen, handover has blown out. M were estimating end of October, but SS now saying around 13 November. We have told him to bring it in earlier if possible, as there are only small items still to be done/fixed. We are trying to get carpet in and some concreting done before moving in end of November, and times are getting tight!

Still to be done:
1. raise concrete level of portico to meet driveway
2. install tap at rear shed
3. fix water leak in hot water unit
4. fix bowing shed door
5. find a solution for exposed pipe/conduit under freestanding oven
6. add an additional GPO to water tank

Let's see if he can earn his money!

shokel1975
As I thought would happen, handover has blown out. M were estimating end of October, but SS now saying around 13 November. We have told him to bring it in earlier if possible, as there are only small items still to be done/fixed. We are trying to get carpet in and some concreting done before moving in end of November, and times are getting tight!

Still to be done:
4. fix bowing shed door

Interesting to see other houses around yours all have similar color tones?

Did the council make it that way? or maybe just the photos.
Yeah, they seem to all be very similar myfirst... the council did have some colours they wouldn't allow, but they were extreme colours such as heritage greens/reds and other bright colours. Our neighbour however did get knocked back on a render colour and had to change it.

Many houses have stuck with grey/white tones. Maybe it is just the trend for now, and we will all look hopelessly out of fashion in a few years in the 20's
shokel1975

Still to be done:
4. fix bowing shed door

Hey shokel1975
How many sqm was the driveway, may I ask?
Do you have a rough cost?
Blacktea2sugars
shokel1975

Still to be done:
4. fix bowing shed door

Hey shokel1975

hey blacktea2sugars, it is 52m2 exposed aggregate and cost $8320 through Metricon. The drone shots above were taken the day after it was laid, but before it was washed off to show the exposed aggregate surface.
shokel1975
Blacktea2sugars
shokel1975

Still to be done:
4. fix bowing shed door

Hey shokel1975

hey blacktea2sugars, it is 52m2 exposed aggregate and cost $8320 through Metricon. The drone shots above were taken the day after it was laid, but before it was washed off to show the exposed aggregate surface.

Ah ok, thanks.

Cant wait to see the agg come to life. We are thinking similar. Nice to see it against actual bricks and render.
Cheers, and so exciting! Well, not the delays, but the house!
Thanks, I posted a pic of the finished drive above
Hi Shokel, Looks great. I am building the Belrose 42. Its the same as Glendale 42 but with some minor changes.

Did you do any concrete paving around the house with metricon?
JJ2019
Hi Shokel, Looks great. I am building the Belrose 42. Its the same as Glendale 42 but with some minor changes.

Hi jj2019, I will look up the Belrose design. Do you have a thread I can follow yet?

No, we only got M to do the front driveway. They are more expensive than local contractors. After handover, we are getting the rear drive between the back of the garage and our shed concreted, plus extending front portico concrete out past pillars and also extending the concrete of the outdoor room past rear roofline.
shokel1975
JJ2019

Hi jj2019, I will look up the Belrose design. Do you have a thread I can follow yet?

No, we only got M to do the front driveway. They are more expensive than local contractors. After handover, we are getting the rear drive between the back of the garage and our shed concreted, plus extending front portico concrete out past pillars and also extending the concrete of the outdoor room past rear roofline.

Here you go. They don't have the Belrose 42 plans on their site. I have posted it in my thread. https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=97065
Thanks! Is it a brand new design? I guess it may take over from the Glendale as it is pretty much the same!.

We also have the limited edition and there were a few items that were different to the standard – we changed them all back to the same standard as we felt they was better. Things like larger shower in ensuite, double vanity in ensuite, extending the outdoor room to the edge of the house, bricking the pillar of the outdoor room instead of having a timber post...
shokel1975
Thanks! Is it a brand new design? I guess it may take over from the Glendale as it is pretty much the same!.

We also have the limited edition and there were a few items that were different to the standard – we changed them all back to the same standard as we felt they was better. Things like larger shower in ensuite, double vanity in ensuite, extending the outdoor room to the edge of the house, bricking the pillar of the outdoor room instead of having a timber post...

Ya I think they are all the same. If you see the Belrose 42 design, it doesn't have a internal access door from the garage. There are also no stair railing on the the first floor, it just walls. I am also changing all of it back to Glendale 42.
JJ2019
shokel1975

Ya I think they are all the same. If you see the Belrose 42 design, it doesn't have a internal access door from the garage. There are also no stair railing on the the first floor, it just walls. I am also changing all of it back to Glendale 42.

Both is those are upgrades with the Glendale also - many of the things you see in the display homes are upgrades! We got caught out with a few things and had to add some things last minute – such as the railings on the stairs
Occupancy Certificate received today.

Just a couple of small items to be tended to and then handover can happen. Hopefully it will still happen by mid next week. Then we need cabinetry installed in study, carpet installed and some concreting done before move in at end of month
Yay!! Congratulations. Very envious
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum