Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden - Votivo 43

Page 25 of 26
Congratulations! Yeah what a journey!
Ezza78

At last we are almost at handover.

What a journey, happy to be at the finish line.

Scrubbed up alright in the end

Building the Votivo43 - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88553
Wow Ezza looks great - yes what a journey and well done!! You seem to have had a fairly uncomplicated build - were you happy with Arden? Any tips for keeping things on track?

Floors are amazing - can you remind me what they were (and if happy, PM me a rough costing for the upgrade - ground floor only??).

Congrats again - incredible job
Hi treedance,

Thanks for message. At times it was stressful but we are very happy to be at the end of the process.

Floors are blackbutt, Tempo range, category 10. They cost $15k when we signed. Think the price has gone up a lot since then though.

Which flooring did you choose?

Ezza78
Hi treedance,

Thanks for message. At times it was stressful but we are very happy to be at the end of the process.

Floors are blackbutt, Tempo range, category 10. They cost $15k when we signed. Think the price has gone up a lot since then though.

Which flooring did you choose?

Other than bedrooms, study (category 2 carpet which is now a lot nicer than when we started the process - they have expanded their offering) our wet areas and downstairs living - belga taupe tile. I love the idea actually of hardwood floors and seeing yours look so beautiful makes me think again...but just not sure we can justify it!! We are coming up to contract in a matter of weeks - argh!
Looks so amazing Ezza you must be so excited to move in!
Pretty awesome build Ezza.

Did Arden do your driveway?
Hi Mango C, yes they did our driveway. Was just one less thing to worry about.

Ezza78
Hi Mango C, yes they did our driveway. Was just one less thing to worry about.

We are trying to source an outside concreter. Easier said than done! Did you explore that option? Are you happy with their work? Do you mind if I ask how much they charged?

On another note I love what you have done with your alfresco. Well done.
Hi Mango C, no we didn’t look at other options as we wanted it done before handover. Cost $6k. Happy with the work.

Thanks Ezza. I read that you are doin a kdr. We too a doin kdr with Arden and are on the edge of our seats waiting for site costs to come in. What did they advise you in the beginning and what did they end up as?
We had a big amount allocated during the quote stage by our request, then site costs were reduced to $23k for P class soil, and screw piles and upgraded slab. Then we got $7k credited back as we didn’t need to underpin neighbours garage. Think there was also a $5k crane cost and some other minimal OHS costs.

Ezza78
We had a big amount allocated during the quote stage by our request, then site costs were reduced to $23k for P class soil, and screw piles and upgraded slab. Then we got $7k credited back as we didn’t need to underpin neighbours garage. Think there was also a $5k crane cost and some other minimal OHS costs.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for your posts in the last 12 mths. This is a beautiful build and I have enjoyed reading. I esp love your floors, it reinforces our choice!
Thanks Mango C, you have chosen the same? Blackbutt? You won’t be disappointed! Love them.

I’m also on the fb group but my building journey started on the Homeone forum. So had to add photos of the house at completion. Once we are in and landscaping complete I will post the final photos. When does your build start?

Ezza78
Thanks Mango C, you have chosen the same? Blackbutt? You won’t be disappointed! Love them.

I’m also on the fb group but my building journey started on the Homeone forum. So had to add photos of the house at completion. Once we are in and landscaping complete I will post the final photos. When does your build start?

Yes we have gone with Blackbutt! Its very exciting. Looking at your pictures had really confirmed it for us! We started off with cat 1 flooring. Went to visit the ptf showroom and walked out desiring cat 10 haha. But for us ,as probably was the case for you, we believe it's worth it.

We are right in the initial stages. Hoping for a build start of Feb next year. Just waiting on hearing back from council re dispensation. And very frightened on hearing back re site costs - kinda puts a big weighting on how we are budgeting for other upgrades.

You site costs seem very low for a KDR. We have been advised to allow 35k. Seems to me a bit like they pull a number out of a hat!
This is a gorgeous build!

Can you tell me what windows you have on the front?
Thanks Mamz,

Yes we loved the windows, so much so that we got the same facade windows added to our living room. They are called Mock Double Hung by A&L, their brochure doesn’t show the crossbar though so not sure if our Builder has added that to make their own unique window.

Who are you building with?

That's what was throwing me off, the missing crossbar!

I thought they might have been the Mock Double Hung but the crossbar wasn't showing in the brochure.

We're doing a custom build with Kialla Homes in Gippsland. We're at the fine-tuning the plan stage and I'm stressing over colours like you would not believe!

A&L is Kialla's window supplier so I've taken a pic of your windows so I can show them rather than try and describe it!

I can understand why you'd add them to other windows - our facade windows will be double hung wooden sash in keeping with the period facade we're going for, but I'd love that style window on the other windows. They're reeeeeeally nice.
Hope you get the and windows then!

And we are in!

Looks amazing Ez congratulations!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum