Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - General Thread

Page 25 of 41
SteveMc
Height in overhead cupboards isn't always a good idea. So long as you have ample underbench cupboard storage this isnt such a bad idea. At such Heights you need a ladder which makes it inconvenient for regular kitchen duty. Do you have a sketch?

Some may say form over function but it does look really impressive! You don't NEED to use the top shelves in the overhead cupboards.

We've raised ours on our plans. We happened to see some raised to the same height at another builder's display home and I can't reach the to shelves at all - I'm 170cm tall! - but my 185cm partner can. I told him he could hide chocolate from me up there.

Anybody that upgraded to 40mm Stone benches, could you share how much it cost. We can’t work it out. We have 20mm included as a promotion but to upgrade to 40mm is nearly 6k??? How, when 40mm is just an illusion, in that the only part of the stone that is 40mm is the edge and not the whole thing, can it cost 6k for some edging.
Hi,

We got the 40mm upgrade as part of the Orange promotion at the time, then, paid $1800 to upgrade to the 80mm (defo worth it in my opinion). I can only guess that $6k was the cost of the 40mm and not taking into account the price of your deal with the 20mm (ie, the difference between the two).

Bear
TheBear
Hi,

We got the 40mm upgrade as part of the Orange promotion at the time, then, paid $1800 to upgrade to the 80mm (defo worth it in my opinion). I can only guess that $6k was the cost of the 40mm and not taking into account the price of your deal with the 20mm (ie, the difference between the two).

Bear

Cheers bear. That’s what we think. We are going to ask for clarification. As you say surely it should be the difference in price between what we have paid for and what 40mm costs. 🤔
Out of curiosity I'm not keen on the LUX package westinghouse kitchen appliances.

Is it possible to BYO appliances? I'm guessing no, but it would be nice..
DR-JEKL
Out of curiosity I'm not keen on the LUX package westinghouse kitchen appliances.

You have the option of keeping those appliances in the garage and selling them later on. However I am not certain if this will impact your acquisition of your Final Occupation Certificate. I would not recommend installing the microwave. Just keep it.

DR-JEKL

It is possible. The credits you get aren’t much and you have to instal them after handover

DR-JEKL

I can’t recall where you’re building but in Newcastle Rawson sourced their appliances from Winning and said we could choose anything from there (for a price of course). We upgraded to a Miele dishwasher for example.

kaycee
DR-JEKL

You have the option of keeping those appliances in the garage and selling them later on. However I am not certain if this will impact your acquisition of your Final Occupation Certificate. I would not recommend installing the microwave. Just keep it.

OK great, yeah I see the RRP is rather low for some of the items might be handy to give to a family member or a friend?

May I ask why the microwave is no good? Out of all the westinghouse items I was hoping to possibly use this (RRP was $500 ish for the microwave)
Fee121
DR-JEKL

It is possible. The credits you get aren’t much and you have to instal them after handover

Hmm so you can get a credit? Installing my own BYO appliances after install isnt ideal, as I believe the stone benchtops are cut to suit a specific cooktop.

I would want to go with a siemens/miele/naff induction hob and oven.
They will bore holes on the sides of your microwave oven space. Check out how that model is installed.

KateAndDuke
DR-JEKL

I can’t recall where you’re building but in Newcastle Rawson sourced their appliances from Winning and said we could choose anything from there (for a price of course). We upgraded to a Miele dishwasher for example.

Yes we are in Newcastle also, I was hoping to buy my appliances from EUappliances (I've used them before and I'm a very happy customer!)

Hmm yeah winning appliances have a good range, but are known to be pricey, especially compared with EUappliances..
Anyone building or built Davenport 24?
Thanks.
DR-JEKL

They told me no to cooktop and oven as they were required for certificate of occupancy. I think that was BS, but in any case I told them the models I wanted and they quoted me a change over price which wasn't too bad. I didn't have a dishwasher included and provided my own, but as I was getting a semi built in I specified the kickboard size which they also included for a price.
AJW
DR-JEKL

They told me no to cooktop and oven as they were required for certificate of occupancy. I think that was BS, but in any case I told them the models I wanted and they quoted me a change over price which wasn't too bad. I didn't have a dishwasher included and provided my own, but as I was getting a semi built in I specified the kickboard size which they also included for a price.

They told me the same thing about it being required for the OC but I researched it and it is BS. They won’t let you get the appliances and store them in the garage. Too likely to be stolen.

dany
Hi Everyone ,

We have a tender appointment next week for Benham 30 . We really liked the design but the SA didn't share any detail floor plan which i am concerned now . Kindly share your experience on what to expect at the tender .

I have requested following upgrades to Benham 30 .

Benham Upgrade from Lux Inclusions
Roof Pitch Increase to 25 degree2000
1CSR Monier Horizon roof tiles with A-line ridge in lieu of standard range2500
2Render and Paint Finish 10000
4Garage Door Height 2229mm
Metal Garage Door with Timber Look800
7Aluminium Window Sliding Window220
8Ceramic Floor Tiling to Front Porch and Laundry1870
9Raised Head Height to all windows and sliding doors4600
112340 mm high pivot entry door ( difference price ) 2000
15raised feature ceiling to hallway in lieu of 1*niche0
16feature niche to entry hallway600
lights point on the feature50
18Laundry Door RIMM ( difference price ) 500
19Powder Room Door ( difference price ) 500
Reconfigure Fridge space and Pantry600
30Benchtop Height increase 950mm380
33double bowl undermount sink ( difference in price ) 500
34Sink Mixer410
two side windows to either side of kitchen width and height
41Aluminium sliding doors to side of dining room510
42Staircase Upgrade victorian ash tress, closed stringer and closed pine risers, clear glass balustrade sg2-1, premium polishing14500
43laminate shelf to bed 1 70mm185
44frameless mirror sliding doors to bed 11925
48Ceramic Floor Tiling to Alfresco2200
52Delete Center brick pier to al fresco 1275
Coloured Driveway
Total 48125

My Raised height for windows were done for free during plan preso. I didn't change any windows as such, the height of windows were changed to match the 2600 ceiling height and larger doors height to match all of them at same height.
Hey everyone,

We are freshies to the world of building and have decided to go with Rawson homes. Mainly due to the lux inclusions. We are leaning towards the Fairview MKII. Has anyone built this home?

And to everyone building with Rawson, what are the must-have upgrades that you went with?

Thanks!
Hi,

Definitely pay to remove the support for the stack doors so you can open the whole Family/Dining/Aflresco up. You'll still have the step to contend with but at least you won't have a pillar right in the middle (we've had ours removed, look at the Balmoral gallery so you can see what I mean). This will hopefully prevent kids running into it when not looking what they are doing.

We went with the 80mm benchtops as well in the kitchen.

Other than that, really look around at showhome/through this thread to see what others have done and see what you like/fits into yours. Definitely think about wiring your house correctly, and by that I mean lights/data/tv/power. Don't just 'rely on wireless' to cover your house for all your needs, throw a few data points in and around.

Bear
We've completed our Tile and Electrical selections and also received our landscaping plans, just need to wait for land registration now before we can submit our DA to council and hopefully get building soon!

We've got some blog posts covering the details of all this hopefully assisting some of you with your building process!

Landscaping Plans
Tile Selections
Electrical Selections
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum