Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 25 of 28
jsmi
Looking great!!
I saw up to the eaves in that photo - are they 450mm? They look in nice proportion.

Thanks mate.
No idea to be honest I've never put any thought into them. I think they are minimum size.

Nice deck Chris. Dimensions of blackbutt?

JB1
Nice deck Chris. Dimensions of blackbutt?

120mm x 35mm thick. 4.2m lengths
It doesn't look that wide in the photo.

Good idea to have it that thick so it doesn't cup

Finally some progress with cabinetry.

Unfortunately the island was painted the wrong colour so some panels have been sent back for repainting. All good though the company have been really good about everything.

Overall I'm really happy with how it's coming together.

Christoshizz
Few updates

Decking has started

Tiling and grouting all done. Very happy with new tiles in downstairs bathroom

Also just organising our outdoor tiles for the verandah and upstairs balcony. Going for the middle one pictured below

Hi Chris, I'm in Sydney and saw your, or very similar, white tiles in the bathroom at Warriewood shopping centre. Loved them but haven't been able to track them down. Would you be able to let me know where you bought them. Love your build, thanks Bruce

hey mate, ill PM you! no worries
More progress today. Slowly all the cabinetry is going in. I stuck around on site today as they're was so many little details to get right, handle placements, where we wanted sink cutouts etc.

Very happy with how it's coming up. Have a few panels that need repainting but will get there

Also I'm really pleased with the polytec Brooklyn shaker door profile. We went through so many door samples to pick this one!

Looking so good Chris! ☺

What colour are the cabinets in the bathroom again? Are they are different colour to the kitchen or is it just a trick of the light making them look darker?
Dani_J
Looking so good Chris! ☺

What colour are the cabinets in the bathroom again? Are they are different colour to the kitchen or is it just a trick of the light making them look darker?

Thanks Dani!

The cabinets in bathroom are Dulux Stony creek. To be honest the photo doesn't really do it justice the colour is better in real life.

Our 6 slabs of stone arrived so hopefully they cut it all this week. The stone was why we picked all these colours as the white/cream tones in the stone didn't go well with white cabinets.

Christoshizz

The cabinets in bathroom are Dulux Stony creek. To be honest the photo doesn't really do it justice the colour is better in real life.

Our 6 slabs of stone arrived so hopefully they cut it all this week. The stone was why we picked all these colours as the white/cream tones in the stone didn't go well with white cabinets.

I thought they looked grey! The lighter stone bench will look great against the darker cabinet. It's gonna pop! ☺
Dani_J
I thought they looked grey! The lighter stone bench will look great against the darker cabinet. It's gonna pop! ☺

Thanks Dani!

At the rate I am going, I'm going to Pop!
Hydronic heating panels started going in today. Very happy they pop against our tiles.

Went past the site today to meet stone mason. Turns out our undermount basins are all too big so we have to buy new ones

Will have to flog off the three basins I already bought and buy new ones ASAP.

Took some photos today. Is getting there just so slow.

More kitchen delays have had my island bench taken to get painted for the third time now!!

As in it’s too big a hole to cut for the undermount sinks or are the holes already cut? I feel for you. It’s hard to just up and change what you’ve already selected at the last minute. I hope you can find new suitable ones that you love.
What a pain! You can’t return them from where you bought them and pick something else?

sparrowsnest
As in it’s too big a hole to cut for the undermount sinks or are the holes already cut? I feel for you. It’s hard to just up and change what you’ve already selected at the last minute. I hope you can find new suitable ones that you love.

Nothing cut yet. And technically they will fit. He's just saying they are out of proportion which I agree with.

For the difference of buying 3 new ones it's 600 bucks. Hopefully I can sell the old ones and minimise damage.

Can't return old ones as they were bought unboxed (new) from a clearance centre.

How wide and deep are you bench tops Chris? And basins?

I'm debating with undermount or semi recessed.

Undermount looks cleaner and provides more bench space but semi recessed provides more storage space underneath.

Space will be a premium as I want the wall hung vanity height to be 500mm.

JB1
How wide and deep are you bench tops Chris? And basins?

I'm debating with undermount or semi recessed.

Undermount looks cleaner and provides more bench space but semi recessed provides more storage space underneath.

Space will be a premium as I want the wall hung vanity height to be 500mm.

island is 1100 deep and 3000 long
other kitchen benches are about 580mm deep

vanities are mostly 550deep, except powder which is 450 deep due to being a small space.

ive had a lot of dramas with vanities, im at the stage where i dont care about storage as long as they look good.
by the way, we toyed with having undermount or not for vanities. my rationale for undermount was the ladies could have more benchspace to lay things flat over the sinks (hair gizmos or makeup stuff) which would be better for everyone.
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum