Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Waldorf or Marriot by Porter Davis

Page 25 of 419
Ceramic is there in the promotion, however I am planning to budget for porcelain to squeeze in within my budget.

Thanks for the details, mostly we done with the planning for interior selections by roaming around display homes to decide what we want. Hopefully the next visit to Hopetoun/National tiles coming week end to finalise(!!!) and to get ready for interior selections appointment.
tstr1a
Hello Prabha,
Are ceramic tiles to all living/kitchen/entry/dining areas included in your promo?
For no-standard areas, allow $140 psm (based on cheapest porcelain tiles 600*600 at $45-$50 psm). If tiles are standard to these areas then you will only need to pay for the upgrade price which ranges from $45 to $150 depending on the tile you select. Also allow 10% extra for wastage on top of the price. I suggest that you go to National tiles (South Melbourne) on the week end. The girls there are fantastic and they will give you a price on the spot.

I’m not to sure about gloss finish, but allow approx $6000 to do a gloss finish laminate to your kitchen.

Hi Prabha,

Welcome to the Waldorf Family!

T is right - we were originally going to put in gloss finish and were quoted about (by memory) the $6k mark, although were only doing gloss on the overheads and vanity cabinets.

Cheers,

Mel
MelNRob
tstr1a
Hello Prabha,
Are ceramic tiles to all living/kitchen/entry/dining areas included in your promo?
For no-standard areas, allow $140 psm (based on cheapest porcelain tiles 600*600 at $45-$50 psm). If tiles are standard to these areas then you will only need to pay for the upgrade price which ranges from $45 to $150 depending on the tile you select. Also allow 10% extra for wastage on top of the price. I suggest that you go to National tiles (South Melbourne) on the week end. The girls there are fantastic and they will give you a price on the spot.

I’m not to sure about gloss finish, but allow approx $6000 to do a gloss finish laminate to your kitchen.

Hi Prabha,

Welcome to the Waldorf Family!

T is right - we were originally going to put in gloss finish and were quoted about (by memory) the $6k mark, although were only doing gloss on the overheads and vanity cabinets.

Cheers,

Mel

Hey Mel,

How is the house going? Has handover happened?
Cheers
T
Well we are in! and all i can say is WOW! Handover occurred on the 26th October. Very streamlined and quick process

There are some cosmetic things that still need to be addressed (mainly minor paint touchups) , and the steam oven needs to be installed but overall i think PD did an amazing job on our house! It's a great feeling to know that after we unpack our mountain of boxes, we don't ever have to do this again! YAY! I'll update the blog with some pics once i have cleared out some boxes).

cheers,

Mel
Congrats Mel,

I’m really happy for your and Rob and I’m glad that PD built you an awesome house. Can’t wait to see pics.
Congrats!

Fantastic new Mel and Rob, really happy for you !! Can't wait to see the pictures.

We got the steam oven too, let me know how it goes. I have signed up for a Blanco cooking demonstration so I can learn how to use it (dragging Rups along too, so he can hopefully learn to cook
).
Poor rups
Congrats Mel.

Enjoy decorating.....
I've updated my blog with pics. Tiling starts today and looks like teh house will be completed by Christmas.
Hi Members!

Thanks so much for your interior design questions, we’re loving the response we’ve had and are going to extend it for a few more days, so if you have a question for Catherine be sure to post it up here(http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51815&start=20) before 5pm this Thursday (10th November)!

Cheers,
Ebony
Hi tstr1a,

Kitchen looks great, and the eaves fantastic with rendering facade and brick colour.

Last week we were thinking about 400 mm eaves atleast, for all sides to protect the windows(thats our explaination to upgrade).

May I know your views for having 600mm(I assume your house got 600mm) all around. It looks really stunning. Did you remember, how much it cost to upgrade the eaves.

Cheers
samhar
Hey T,
It looks wonderful, your colours have come together so perfectly. Your english walnut stain looks schmick.

We have a bit of progress... a TAP !!! I can't believe the level of excitement a tap has brought.
Leanne
Rups
Hey T,
It looks wonderful, your colours have come together so perfectly. Your english walnut stain looks schmick.

We have a bit of progress... a TAP !!! I can't believe the level of excitement a tap has brought.
Leanne

Hey Leanne
I was the same and got excited about everything except when the progress claims were due.
samhar
Hi tstr1a,

Kitchen looks great, and the eaves fantastic with rendering facade and brick colour.

Last week we were thinking about 400 mm eaves atleast, for all sides to protect the windows(thats our explaination to upgrade).

May I know your views for having 600mm(I assume your house got 600mm) all around. It looks really stunning. Did you remember, how much it cost to upgrade the eaves.

Cheers
samhar

I got 600mm eaves, cost was only $400 difference between 450mm and 600mm. 600mm cost me $3300. PD will want to charge u $4900 but let them know that the facade has partial eaves and that they are charging u twice. Worked for me
I love eaves
Hi HomeOne!

I’ve got some great news, we’ve got another Coco Republic Sale!

More furniture will be available for purchase including accessories, lamps and artwork, along with furniture items. With three homes on display, including the double storey Brookvale, you will be sure to find something beautiful for your home.

Enjoy complimentary barista made coffee as members from the Coco Republic team give you great tips, plenty of inspiration and help you find that perfect piece for your home at special prices from our Porter Davis Prestige display centre at Sierra Prestige in Cranbourne North.

Ensure you bring your trailer as purchases can be taken away on the day. Alternatively, you can arrange delivery with Coco Republic for a fee.

When: Saturday 19 November 2011

Time: 9am-12pm

Where: Sierra - Prestige display centre, Nature Circuit, Cranbourne North - Melway Ref: 130 C9

RSVP today to ivana.horvat@porterdavis.com.au

Look out for more Coco Republic sales coming soon!
Hi Everyone!

thankyou all for the well wishes and congrats...

OMG is all i can say about our wonderful home! Settling in nicely and it's really feeling like home. I've updated the blog with a recap and piccies of our first home project - Project Pantry! lol...priorities right?

I'll keep you all in suspense for a lil bit longer and do room reveals as we go along...at the moment its a mish mash of my mum's old furniture and ours that were in storage as our comfy new couches are two weeks out still (that's what you get when you have an awesome SS who gets the house done earlier than anticipated!)

Tony your house is looking awesome! So much has been done and I reckon you'll be in before christmas...

Really like the way the variation to the entryway and stairs for the dual walkway turned out. Doesn't enclose that space at all...and great idea for the master ensuite bathroom to include the double door! Part of me thinks we should have investigated that...

Leanne and Rups - The steam oven! I'd love to tell you about the steam oven but that is a saga in itself! They were booked in two days after handover to be installed, the guys come there and leave not even ten minutes later because the space wasn't the right size! ArRRgghhh...so Rob calls the SS who sends out the cabinet maker and he says he'll be back by the end of the week...well that was about a week ago...we've got to chase them up tomorrow. You're post just reminded me of this! Thanks! Oh and congrats on the TAP!!!
I got excited when the portaloo went on site..now that's sad!

Until the next project...happy homeoneing!!

Mel
MelNRob
Hi Everyone!

thankyou all for the well wishes and congrats...

OMG is all i can say about our wonderful home! Settling in nicely and it's really feeling like home. I've updated the blog with a recap and piccies of our first home project - Project Pantry! lol...priorities right?

I'll keep you all in suspense for a lil bit longer and do room reveals as we go along...at the moment its a mish mash of my mum's old furniture and ours that were in storage as our comfy new couches are two weeks out still (that's what you get when you have an awesome SS who gets the house done earlier than anticipated!)

Tony your house is looking awesome! So much has been done and I reckon you'll be in before christmas...

Really like the way the variation to the entryway and stairs for the dual walkway turned out. Doesn't enclose that space at all...and great idea for the master ensuite bathroom to include the double door! Part of me thinks we should have investigated that...

Leanne and Rups - The steam oven! I'd love to tell you about the steam oven but that is a saga in itself! They were booked in two days after handover to be installed, the guys come there and leave not even ten minutes later because the space wasn't the right size! ArRRgghhh...so Rob calls the SS who sends out the cabinet maker and he says he'll be back by the end of the week...well that was about a week ago...we've got to chase them up tomorrow. You're post just reminded me of this! Thanks! Oh and congrats on the TAP!!!
I got excited when the portaloo went on site..now that's sad!

Until the next project...happy homeoneing!!

Mel

Hi MelNRob,

I’m really pleased to hear you're loving your new house and are settling in well. Looking forward to seeing some finished photos too. Please keep me in the loop with the progress of your steam oven and if I can be of assistance. Cheers, Ebony
Congrats Mel&Rob, hope you are enjoying your new home.
We're having PCI next week. Any tips anyone? Does anyone have a checklist I can go through?
So many things still need to be finished before then, I have a feeling it will be delayed again. We're already 2 months late for handover.
Mel, did you have your appliances installed at handover? My SS said he will install it after handover on the day we move in? Is this common practice? I'm not comfortable handing over the cheque if everything is not in place. I can set up the home alarm once I get the keys and if there is any theft, it will be covered by home insurance anyway.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum