Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 239 of 433
emmyawards
We finally signed with Metricon today. Building the Hampshire 42 with amendments.

Congrats Emmy! Fingers crossed for a smooth journey

emmyawards
We finally signed with Metricon today. Building the Hampshire 42 with amendments.

Congrats!
Where are you building?
We've just been through the knock down process too.
Hope you have a smooth and speedy journey

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
JLH222
emmyawards

Congrats!
Where are you building?
We've just been through the knock down process too.
Hope you have a smooth and speedy journey

Melbourne South East.

emmyawards
Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

Our demo quote is about $18k including asbestos, brick veneer house, garage, double tandem slab, 22 trees, (including one that's about 45m tall), and block scrape...

Drew01
emmyawards
Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

Our demo quote is about $18k including asbestos, brick veneer house, garage, double tandem slab, 22 trees, (including one that's about 45m tall), and block scrape...

Who did you end up going with, Drew?

emmyawards

Awesome!
Congrats

JLH222
Drew01
emmyawards

Yes u would be interested to know which company that was as we will probably get a few quotes regardless.

emmyawards
JLH222
Drew01
[quote="emmyawards"]Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

Yes u would be interested to know which company that was as we will probably get a few quotes regardless.

[/quote]
We're going with Gravity Demolitions... Jason has been great to deal with so far. He did block cleans for a few mates at work who were stoked with their work

Drew01
emmyawards
JLH222
[quote="Drew01"][quote="emmyawards"]Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

[/quote]
We're going with Gravity Demolitions... Jason has been great to deal with so far. He did block cleans for a few mates at work who were stoked with their work

[/quote]

That's great

Is your demo scheduled yet?
Best of luck.

Emmz70
pauldab
Also take a good look a the gas inlet pipe, it should be copper or gal, however that yellow jacket makes me worry it may be the multi layer pipe which should never be exposed to the elements.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-03/i ... sk/8085022

This article has a pic of a feed to a HWS that is incorrect (you can click on the image to see it more clearly).

Thanks for this Paul I understand what your saying because our outdoor one looks like this and that one doesn't, I will definitely look into it

Outdoor

I mentioned the yellow pipes based on your previous photo with bricks - at the bottom of the pic it looks to be a short piece of yellow sleeved pipe with black tape covering the end that looked really similar to the multi layer gas pipe referred to in the articles.
JLH222
Drew01
emmyawards
[quote="JLH222"][quote="Drew01"][quote="emmyawards"]Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's great

Is your demo scheduled yet?
Best of luck.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012[/quote]
Nah, not yet, the old house is starting to fall down of its own accord!! Discovered a couple of courses of bricks that have fallen out in one area, and it settling in another, causing other issues...

pauldab
Emmz70
pauldab
Also take a good look a the gas inlet pipe, it should be copper or gal, however that yellow jacket makes me worry it may be the multi layer pipe which should never be exposed to the elements.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-03/i ... sk/8085022

This article has a pic of a feed to a HWS that is incorrect (you can click on the image to see it more clearly).

Thanks for this Paul I understand what your saying because our outdoor one looks like this and that one doesn't, I will definitely look into it

Outdoor

I mentioned the yellow pipes based on your previous photo with bricks - at the bottom of the pic it looks to be a short piece of yellow sleeved pipe with black tape covering the end that looked really similar to the multi layer gas pipe referred to in the articles.

Yes I knew that's what you meant thanks for that information

It was looked @ and it's compliant. I was surprised to know it was compliant lol

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much labour costs are usually for 600x600 porcelain tiles, say if we only did the bathrooms but did floor to ceiling tiling?

emmyawards
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much labour costs are usually for 600x600 porcelain tiles, say if we only did the bathrooms but did floor to ceiling tiling?

From M? I don't know the labor costs, but I do have a rough total cost.

Roughly when I did the calculations:
Floors - Upgrade to 600x600 porcelain to all the standard wet area tiling - $5500
Walls - 600x600 floor to ceiling tiles - $3000 per bathroom
Walls - 600x600 floot to ceiling tiles - $2000 per powder room

Of course all prices depends on particular tile choice and and size of bathrooms.
dulie
emmyawards

Floors - Upgrade to 600x600 porcelain to all the standard wet area tiling - $5500

Of course all prices depends on particular tile choice and and size of bathrooms.

Yikes. I picked a 600x600 tile they had at studio m which I was told wasn't too expensive. Probably would cost about $1k per bathroom but totally forgot about labour costs. I'm hoping it's not going to be too much!

dulie
emmyawards

I thought 600x600 was not recommended for bath walls! Coz they are too heavy or someth! Might be wrong though

Spotme
dulie
emmyawards

I thought 600x600 was not recommended for bath walls! Coz they are too heavy or someth! Might be wrong though

most people just use ceramic on the walls for this reason. It's also much cheaper and costs less for labour to install.. Believe it or not our tiler charged us $10 extra /sqm for porcelain. And more if it was rectified.
Was told anything bigger than 30x30 in the wet areas floors would incur additional costs.

We have PCI late next week, when do we find out a handover date? We need to give 4 weeks notice on our rental I think and happy to overlap by about a week but don't want to be paying for both longer than that!

kylz4
We have PCI late next week, when do we find out a handover date? We need to give 4 weeks notice on our rental I think and happy to overlap by about a week but don't want to be paying for both longer than that!

Woohoo Kylz
its been the following week here in our estate for my neighbours lol
hope everything is a huge thumbs up

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum