Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 238 of 828
msjovi
So, we got a call from our SS today to tell us he is no longer our SS!! They are moving him to a different area so we are now going to be on our 4th, yes 4th SS! I think he was probably pleased to be off our site to be honest. We're now going back to our original SS who never actually started on our site before the 2nd guy started. Apparently one of the best (and MrsL he's Greek so perhaps the same as yours?) but my goodness I hope this doesn't cause more delays!! We are just having the worst luck...

Is his initials GR?
hashem2k3
msjovi
So, we got a call from our SS today to tell us he is no longer our SS!! They are moving him to a different area so we are now going to be on our 4th, yes 4th SS! I think he was probably pleased to be off our site to be honest. We're now going back to our original SS who never actually started on our site before the 2nd guy started. Apparently one of the best (and MrsL he's Greek so perhaps the same as yours?) but my goodness I hope this doesn't cause more delays!! We are just having the worst luck...

Is his initials GR?

No... there must be a few Greek SSs! They're good because we're a picky lot! Me included!! Haha!

hashem2k3
Jordann
We have received our quote from WL..

Sadly we don't have 60k laying around.

I found WL way overpriced. Even with the promise of quality and all ready by handover still its way too high. Even if it was within 20% + of other landscape quotes I would have gone with them to avoid the hassle.

Just as a comparison:

Fence:

WL: $8500
External (same item): $3900

Garden beds: $6.5k
External: $3500

That is massive margins...

Yeh not sure what to use our $5000 voucher on now, can't get much with it.
Jordann
hashem2k3
Jordann

I found WL way overpriced. Even with the promise of quality and all ready by handover still its way too high. Even if it was within 20% + of other landscape quotes I would have gone with them to avoid the hassle.

Just as a comparison:

Fence:

We just ended up getting quite a big side path with a step. Just accept its really a $2500 voucher and pick something that you want done but won't affect your other landscaping.

I think the people that do it are mostly KDR or anyone that will lose side access so it's easier to get it done during/before construction as they can't after

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
Jordann
hashem2k3
Jordann

Just as a comparison:

Fence:

we got them to do our drive way as it will be hard to access the house without a proper driveway. With the rain it would have been a night mare for the floor during moving in
Rocchet
We got a call from our ss today! And he's expecting to start next week weather permitting. Can't tell you anything else because he rang my husband who was sleeping at the time as a shift worker. Can't even remember his name!!

If anyone has an ss who is possible French??? Feel free to pm me his name. My husband is hopeless
and under strict instructions to inform ss on his next call that I'm the best contact

That's funny Rocchet.... hahhaha! we are waiting for them to start too... if only this rain would stop! I want my hubby to be the point of contact as he has done nothing in the admin phase till date, just moral support! So he is gonna have to be in charge from now on till handover!

hashem2k3
ysabelle
hashem2k3
Wisdom has charged us $360 for an interim certificate already. But my SS advised they need this done even before interim certificate. Contradicts with info I got here. Got our PCI this Monday and will clarify this with our SS.

Hi, Hashem

just want to ask if how many weeks wisdom build your house from the time they poured the slab.

thakn you

Sorry for the late response. Slab was poured 20/09/16. Expecting hand over Early April pending rain.

@hashem - that was a quick build process 6months so far inclusive of the dec shutdown!!

msjovi
hashem2k3
msjovi

Is his initials GR?

No... there must be a few Greek SSs! They're good because we're a picky lot! Me included!! Haha!

Is it PE msjovi?

I've been mia due to flooding to our apartment and have to move out 3 mos before completion of new house is really painful.
Hi guys, ive been off here for a few weeks - and what an emotional few weeks we've had. We had PCI on the 9th. There was only minor things to do - some more paint touch ups, one room didnt have the carpet done and some bricks needed a better clean. We got a call from SS on the Friday after to tell us that after waiting nealy 4mths to get our garage door installed, someone has damaged it. I could have died. I told hubby he needs to deal with SS now as im going to have nervous breakdown! SS told hubby to call last week to see where things were at as he wasnt able to set handover. Wednesday came around and we got told that Di Lorenzo have run out of our carpet and wont be in stock till end of month and we cant handover till then! I was devo'd. One room without carpet and they cant handover. I said that i didnt mind moving in without that room done as it's one of our spares, but no (apparently he'd called the boss and that was the answer). Friday came round and he was not answering our calls and msgs. He finally called me back and raised his voice at me through the phone. I was hysterical. Called hubby who called HO who gave him the bosses number. Boss said he knows nothing about our house and certainly doesn't see a reason why we couldn't move in without one room carpeted! He said leave it with him and he'll make some calls. Within 2 hours, they were getting the carpet from another supplier and we have handover Thursday 23rd - tomorrow. SS was trying to call me but I wasn't answering after the way he had spoken to me. Finally answered and . I'll admit i was quite short with him. But we are finally handing over tomorrow.
Phew. What a week. Im glad it's over to be honest. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow once we have the keys in our hot little hands lol.
I hate to say it, but im not even excited. The last week has really taken the shine off it all and I just want it to be done. We have our tiler booked in to start on Friday as we have that to do and he'll probably take over a week so we'll be moving on the 8th/9th. Right before I have the family over for Easter!!!
Sorry for the Novel - just new you guys would be able to understand. I know our issue pale in comparison to some of you guys. Just keep your chin up and it will all be over eventually!
Kirst10
Hi guys, ive been off here for a few weeks - and what an emotional few weeks we've had. We had PCI on the 9th. There was only minor things to do - some more paint touch ups, one room didnt have the carpet done and some bricks needed a better clean. We got a call from SS on the Friday after to tell us that after waiting nealy 4mths to get our garage door installed, someone has damaged it. I could have died. I told hubby he needs to deal with SS now as im going to have nervous breakdown! SS told hubby to call last week to see where things were at as he wasnt able to set handover. Wednesday came around and we got told that Di Lorenzo have run out of our carpet and wont be in stock till end of month and we cant handover till then! I was devo'd. One room without carpet and they cant handover. I said that i didnt mind moving in without that room done as it's one of our spares, but no (apparently he'd called the boss and that was the answer). Friday came round and he was not answering our calls and msgs. He finally called me back and raised his voice at me through the phone. I was hysterical. Called hubby who called HO who gave him the bosses number. Boss said he knows nothing about our house and certainly doesn't see a reason why we couldn't move in without one room carpeted! He said leave it with him and he'll make some calls. Within 2 hours, they were getting the carpet from another supplier and we have handover Thursday 23rd - tomorrow. SS was trying to call me but I wasn't answering after the way he had spoken to me. Finally answered and . I'll admit i was quite short with him. But we are finally handing over tomorrow.
Phew. What a week. Im glad it's over to be honest. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow once we have the keys in our hot little hands lol.
I hate to say it, but im not even excited. The last week has really taken the shine off it all and I just want it to be done. We have our tiler booked in to start on Friday as we have that to do and he'll probably take over a week so we'll be moving on the 8th/9th. Right before I have the family over for Easter!!!
Sorry for the Novel - just new you guys would be able to understand. I know our issue pale in comparison to some of you guys. Just keep your chin up and it will all be over eventually!

Wow! I was feeling your emotional pain while reading through your post. Very glad that all is sorted

One quick qn. When you had problems with the SS, who did your hubby contact and how did he get the boss's number? I am foreseeing some pressure that I need to put on my SS soon, and if he becomes not responsive or unreasonable, I might need to take it higher up.

Thanks.
Kirst10

WoW that's pretty poorly handled by Wisdom.

Glad it is sorted for you now.
Kirst10

Can feel the pain and frustration in your post

Please dont let a SS to ruin your excitement of moving in your new house. Enjoy the time. You have done the hard part of waiting and handling the stress. Now its time to cherish all the hard work
. All the best.
Kirst10

Oh no
I'm so sorry to hear kirst10!!! I'm glad you are getting the keys tomorrow and just take a few deep breaths and enjoy the fact the stress will be gone soon.
Last time I built i had a horrible run, my partner (of 5 years) and I split 6 weeks before handover due to the stress of it all and I took it over myself. I hated the house for it, but eventually loved it and all the new memories that were made it in. (And bawled excessively the day I moved it when I sold it!!)

Don't let someone else ruin such an exciting time for you guys. It'll feel like a drop in the ocean in a few months. I promise!!!!!

Can't wait to see some pics- good luck with tiling and moving xxxx

hashem2k3
ysabelle
Thank you, we going to build as well with wisdom home but it only single story house at the moment we are in slow phase which is admin dept. 7 months for your house to build is not bad considering the holidays and rainy days.

thank for your response.

Yes its pretty smooth after construction starts (most cases). Just patiently wait for the admin part to finish.
One tip: Always follow up and keep hassling them. Doesn't sound very nice but at times this works. Best of luck. Where abouts are you building and which design?

we building at oran park, we choose Dentiny 22 this is the house the suit to our budget.

thank you hashem.
RaZr
Kirst10

Wow! I was feeling your emotional pain while reading through your post. Very glad that all is sorted

One quick qn. When you had problems with the SS, who did your hubby contact and how did he get the boss's number? I am foreseeing some pressure that I need to put on my SS soon, and if he becomes not responsive or unreasonable, I might need to take it higher up.

Thanks.

It's so draining!!
He just called the main number, got the receptionist and just said this is my situation (we knew the bosses name) and said I need to speak to him or someone needs to call me back within an hour. Thankfully they got their hustle on after that.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I have never felt so emotionally drained in my life! Like some of you guys have mentioned, my other half has had to step up in the last few weeks with regards to dealing with Wisdom and getting quotes for other things. Only the other day I think he finally realised how over it all I was and apologised for not doing more sooner!
I'm sure once our tiling is complete and we can move, all of it will wash away.
Such a shame that one person can really dull the sparkle on it all! I'm certainly not pumped about seeing him tomorrow!

Oh no
I'm so sorry to hear kirst10!!! I'm glad you are getting the keys tomorrow and just take a few deep breaths and enjoy the fact the stress will be gone soon.
Last time I built i had a horrible run, my partner (of 5 years) and I split 6 weeks before handover due to the stress of it all and I took it over myself. I hated the house for it, but eventually loved it and all the new memories that were made it in. (And bawled excessively the day I moved it when I sold it!!)

Don't let someone else ruin such an exciting time for you guys. It'll feel like a drop in the ocean in a few months. I promise!!!!!

Can't wait to see some pics- good luck with tiling and moving xxxx

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes[/quote]

Oh wow mrsllamas, that's would have been terrible. Hubby and I have never bickered as much as we have been lately. Living with mum doesn't help!
I'm sure you're right and it will be completely irrelevant in a few weeks time! Will keep you guys all posted xxx

Kirst10

I'm so sorry to hear you had so much heartache so close to the end. I'm sure the excitement will return when you get in there and it's finally yours.

Living proof that I annoy our tradies haha

Staining getting done today and yesterday they did the external painting on our cladding and portico!

For anyone still selecting colours, surfmist is waaaay whiter on a large scale. Looked more greyish to me on the little samples when put directly next to white...

Kirst10

Hi Kirst10,

Sorry to hear that the last little bit turned sour for you.
At least you are now at the end, and really shouldn't have to deal with W much more (just those couple of inspections)
Good luck for the last final stretch, and enjoy life in the new home for many years to come.

Oz
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum