Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 237 of 862
What documents does one need to collect at handover. Can someone that has received the keys to their house please list them (if possible).
we were told the pd24/7 is not working atm, its getting fixed so thats is why we cant check on any progress atm.
tamugrg
Hi,

I changed my house size but my 24seven doesn't have anything till now. My building coordinator has told me that it is because of the size change & she will inform the IT team but it has already been close to a month & I keep on hearing the same thing. Does anyone suggest on how it can be fixed as this can create problem down the road because I cannot verify any colour/electrical selections or any documents are correct as I don't have anything there in my 24seven.

Cheers,

I wouldn't rely on 24/7 for your documentation. You need to make sure you have what you need to make your build go to plan. Much easier to fix something at the time it happens than at PCI, or worse, after you move in.

Contact your BC for the final versions of your:

Construction drawings
Electrical / smart wiring / heat & cool plans
Colour / tile selections
Final Variations List

They should be able to email these to you immediately and have copies available whenever you go to your house or meet with your SS.
Yeah... Don't count on the 24/7 portal...

Oh and it currently isn't working in Firefox for me, I have to use Chrome or Explorer :/

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Hey Tamugrg

You should have a copy of every document that's added to PD 24/7 - either at the time or posted to you There's nothing new added there that you should already have. 27/7 is more of a repository of documents rather than a mechanism for sending them to you.

If you're missing any docos, ask for the directly so you can verify everything, then worry about 24/7 later. I use 24/7 mainly to keep track of comms. When I see the the comments are updated, I can see things are happening. But I usually check it daily though...

Good luck
Mike.
humble
Just a tip, if its clay based, get the clay breaker (gypsum) down nice and early (even during your build..) it makes it so much better..

this is the current stage of my backyard!

I couln't agree with you more.... we have binned about 6 pairs of shoes due to clay. Once it dries it never comes off.
tstr1a
humble
Just a tip, if its clay based, get the clay breaker (gypsum) down nice and early (even during your build..) it makes it so much better..

this is the current stage of my backyard!

I couln't agree with you more.... we have binned about 6 pairs of shoes due to clay. Once it dries it never comes off.

$20 gumboots ftw..

Hose them off too.. after every session.
serenitynow
Had Pci this morning. We are very happy, only minor things need rectifying.
We get the keys next Friday

Extremely happy with porter Davis. Site supervisor and our BC have been fab.
Extremely happy customer.

Hi Serenitynow,

Excellent news, congratulations! I’m sure next Friday will come around very quickly for you. I’m really pleased to hear you’re happy with PD and with your SS and BC. I will be sure to forward on your feedback.
Cheers, Ebony
tamugrg
Hi,

I changed my house size but my 24seven doesn't have anything till now. My building coordinator has told me that it is because of the size change & she will inform the IT team but it has already been close to a month & I keep on hearing the same thing. Does anyone suggest on how it can be fixed as this can create problem down the road because I cannot verify any colour/electrical selections or any documents are correct as I don't have anything there in my 24seven.

Cheers,

Hi tamugrg,

I’m sorry to hear that you're still waiting for plans to be added to your 24Seven tool and that it has been close to a month. I can follow this up for you if you like, are you able to please send me a private message with your full name, lot address and the name of your BC. Thanks, Ebony
Question about 3 month maintenance, when should I expect a call from the maintenance department to book in our 3 month inspection? In 19 days we will have been in the house officially for 3 months. Doesn’t time fly!
WOW almost 3 months already! Time sure does fly - it seems like yesterday that you moved in. Cant wait to see more pics of the house and garden!
Brickies have zoomed along today, pics on my thread.
we have not even started our construction and we have been informed that we have a new BC. This is BC no 3 and 2nd in 2 months...is anyone else in the same boat as us
Bricks got washed today... looks like they've done a great job. With the finish on the Elements bricks, a badly performed wash could have really wrecked them - glad that didn't happen. At first glance, doesn't seem like they've blown out any mortar either (but I'm sure we'll find something).

Render on Tuesday and cabinetry next Thursday... so far so good!
suggestions wanted about what to do to prep for handover. what shoudl i be thinking of; 4-6 weeks out. cheers, pip.
Can't believe you're nearly ready for handover Pip! We're still a couple of weeks off lock up....it's been s SLOW few weeks for us and fast for you guys. Just checked your blog and the floors will be great and I think the render will look great in your entertaining area. Can't wait to see your kitchen and bathrooms ready for handover (always my favourite part of people's threads)

Rups, so glad your bricks have cleaned up well.
Rups - gosh it looks gorgeous and CONGRATS on your expecting in August. What an amazing year x
thebigbuild
Rups - gosh it looks gorgeous and CONGRATS on your expecting in August. What an amazing year x

Thank you

We're very excited... It's going to be a big year!!
Rups
Bricks got washed today... looks like they've done a great job. With the finish on the Elements bricks, a badly performed wash could have really wrecked them - glad that didn't happen. At first glance, doesn't seem like they've blown out any mortar either (but I'm sure we'll find something).

Render on Tuesday and cabinetry next Thursday... so far so good!

Rups your house looks terrific...like those wooden windows.
What would be the average length of time to get to PCI once fixing is complete?
I know most of you are building/have built big houses, and ours is only small, but I was just curious. Ours seems to be flying along so far, we will be at week 9 next Wednesday and fixing was complete last Wednesday (29th).
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum