Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 235 of 828
Clicks from this week. Pretty much all complete inside. The Driveway is not done yet due to rain. It was originally due 2 weeks ago and with the rain seems like will be delayed by couple of weeks more.

Woah that's amazing hashem2k3 what a dream home. Congrats, interior colour choices are classy!
ShuddaBeenATradie
Woah that's amazing hashem2k3 what a dream home. Congrats, interior colour choices are classy!

Thanks SBAT
. Hoping it all comes together as we dreamt.

A small hiccup; The build on our left cut the land bit too low hence Wisdom landscape cant put concrete on that side. Not sure how long it will halt us. Waiting for a call from WL regarding the next step.
hashem2k3
Clicks from this week. Pretty much all complete inside. The Driveway is not done yet due to rain. It was originally due 2 weeks ago and with the rain seems like will be delayed by couple of weeks more.

Oh my goodness! Looks AMAZING!!! Congrats!
The driveway won't hold up handover will it? I'd move in without it if need be! Haha

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
MrsLlamas2016
hashem2k3

Oh my goodness! Looks AMAZING!!! Congrats!
The driveway won't hold up handover will it? I'd move in without it if need be! Haha

No apparently the driveway needs to be complete before we can get interim occupation certificate.
Great looking house there Hashem.

I thought you can get the interim occupation cert then do driveway, landscape etc.. after?

Just got these details in an email yesterday..

IF THERE ARE OWNERS WORKS to be completed prior to the issue of an
Occupation Certificate (Driveway, Landscaping, Retaining Walls, Steps) we will
need to obtain an INTERIM certificate that will allow the Lender to release the
settlement funds for handover to occur so that you can complete the Owners
works, once complete we will have you contact either Wisdom or SBAC directly to
arrange an inspection for the release of Final Certificate.
Jordann
Great looking house there Hashem.

I thought you can get the interim occupation cert then do driveway, landscape etc.. after?

Just got these details in an email yesterday..

IF THERE ARE OWNERS WORKS to be completed prior to the issue of an
Occupation Certificate (Driveway, Landscaping, Retaining Walls, Steps) we will
need to obtain an INTERIM certificate that will allow the Lender to release the
settlement funds for handover to occur so that you can complete the Owners
works, once complete we will have you contact either Wisdom or SBAC directly to
arrange an inspection for the release of Final Certificate.

Thanks for the info Jordann. Our SS advised otherwise. That we need the driveway complete to get the interim certificate. I will double check with him on our PCI.
Here's the full document from Wisdom.. Hopefully it helps.

Jordann

Thanks a lot for this. Definitely will help me before I speak to my SS next

Eeeeeeeeee so excited!!!

hashem2k3
Jordann

Thanks a lot for this. Definitely will help me before I speak to my SS next

Yes you don't need a driveway to get the interim OC. Maybe because WL are doing your driveway they won't issue it until it's done? Be interesting to know what they say when you ask them.
hashem2k3

Looks fantastic! Everything has really come together with those final touches!

With regards to driveway and IOC, my SIL has built with another builder and is also unable to get the IOC without a driveway. They had trouble getting landscapers and then all this rain means they have had a completed house but no handover for about 6 weeks.

MandM+4
hashem2k3

With regards to driveway and IOC, my SIL has built with another builder and is also unable to get the IOC without a driveway. They had trouble getting landscapers and then all this rain means they have had a completed house but no handover for about 6 weeks.

It's weird.
I was told by W last year when I questioned them that IOC would be issued before driveway was complete as we are most probably getting the driveway done by a family friend rather than WL.
3 of my neighbours moved in just recently with different builders and did their driveways after handover.

Will be interesting to see how W handle this now.
I think you can, but we had to pay extra (or choose a certain type of occupancy cert). They only issue one. So I think it was either they do your driveway and you wait, or you do it and get a different cert from them?

ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
hashem2k3

It's weird.
I was told by W last year when I questioned them that IOC would be issued before driveway was complete as we are most probably getting the driveway done by a family friend rather than WL.
3 of my neighbours moved in just recently with different builders and did their driveways after handover.

Maybe it depends on the council area
As per my pic the other day questioning the length of the steel beam supporting my front balcony, W confirmed today that it was measured wrong and fabricated too small. It is getting replaced.
Hopefully won't hold up the process too much. The rain is causing more delays at the moment....
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
[quote="hashem2k3"]Clicks from this week. Pretty much all complete inside. The Driveway is not done yet due to rain. It was originally due 2 weeks ago and with the rain seems like will be delayed by couple of weeks more.

It's weird.

Maybe it depends on the council area[/quote]
Yes that could well be the reason....
Loving the pics!
Great interiors Hashem and a kitchen delivery!! I think the kitchen will be one of the most exciting things!!

Rocchet
Loving the pics!
Great interiors Hashem and a kitchen delivery!! I think the kitchen will be one of the most exciting things!!

Thanks 😊. Yes the kitchen was one of the main reason we chose Wisdom.

hashem2k3

Looks fantastic Hashkem! You must be so excited!

MrsL - surely the kitchen installation has got to be one of the most exciting parts of building!! Yay you!!

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum