Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 234 of 828
amf139 glad our house is keeping your spirits up. We just need one day of clear weather to finish it off and do handover but the weather is not cooperating at all with 2 straight weeks of rain, my colleagues think i'm nuts for checking the weather bureau every 15 mins. Good luck with your DA and council!

mrsllamas2016 those pics are awesome. awesome house, great colour choices, it's really classy - don't often see wisdom houses built with such light coloured bricks and it's worked out really nice.
ShuddaBeenATradie
@amf139 glad our house is keeping your spirits up. We just need one day of clear weather to finish it off and do handover but the weather is not cooperating at all with 2 straight weeks of rain, my colleagues think i'm nuts for checking the weather bureau every 15 mins. Good luck with your DA and council!

mrsllamas2016 those pics are awesome. awesome house, great colour choices, it's really classy - don't often see wisdom houses built with such light coloured bricks and it's worked out really nice.

Thanks! Yes all the other wisdoms around us are dark bricks! There wasn't many nice lighter ones in the standard range. I liked the dark bricks but my husband (who works in real estate) was not keen on them - I think for the reason that so many of them look the same in our area!!!
I did internal colours, he did external. So I'm praying it looks okay when mine Coke together! Haha

I can't believe you still aren't in!!!!! The rain thankfully hasn't really affected us but my heart goes out to those of you due to start (or finish!!!) and are now held up

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
Our driveway was due two weeks ago but got hold up in this constant rain. Looking like there is rain in forecast for next week too

MrsLlamas2016
Chinoandbebe
MrsLlamas2016

Found it

Hi MrsLlamas2016
Would you happen to know the dimensions of the tank, in particular the width? We have 2 metres between the side of our house and fence, so I'm thinking of moving the tank to the side, instead of having it at the back of our house. I'm hoping the tank is about 1 metre, as that will still give us a metre to get by it.

Looks like it's 900w according to the plans.

For a 3000 ltr tank these were the dimensions that were provided to us

Slimline:
2020H x 2600L x 600W

Standard:
1480H x 2300L x 1000W

Not sure of the size of slab underneath though

Cheers

thePurist
MrsLlamas2016
Chinoandbebe
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"]

Found it

Hi MrsLlamas2016
Would you happen to know the dimensions of the tank, in particular the width? We have 2 metres between the side of our house and fence, so I'm thinking of moving the tank to the side, instead of having it at the back of our house. I'm hoping the tank is about 1 metre, as that will still give us a metre to get by it.

Looks like it's 900w according to the plans.

For a 3000 ltr tank these were the dimensions that were provided to us

Slimline:
2020H x 2600L x 600W

Standard:
1480H x 2300L x 1000W

Not sure of the size of slab underneath though

Cheers

[/quote]

Oh I think I love you!
On our plans they have drawn the standard RWT which will fit where I want it, so I have now emailed them to delete slimline from tender. Means I can keep my butlers pantry window and not move the RWT there

Have received an email today to say we're CDC approved. Slowly crawling to the line.

Had to shift our house back by 0.5m to meet requirement, so a smaller backyard but anything to get to the build line.
Jordann
Have received an email today to say we're CDC approved. Slowly crawling to the line.

Had to shift our house back by 0.5m to meet requirement, so a smaller backyard but anything to get to the build line.

Fantastic news!
From what others have said on here you could be building in 6 weeks. Having just avoided all this rain

hashem2k3
The Landscape appointment is done along with color and electrical appointment. So you should get the quote in your draft end panel.

Thanks Hashem.

Guess we'll get that soon then.

Ugh.

A lot of flooding down here in the Gong, hope you're all good down that way Oz.

MandM+4

Thanks.
I'm actually still at work (Fairy Meadow), current home at AP is flooded in, cannot access it. Family is safe though, just stranded, as is the whole community. over 100mm in last 4 hours.
Hopefully current build is holding strong in this awful weather....
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4

Thanks.
I'm actually still at work (Fairy Meadow), current home at AP is flooded in, cannot access it. Family is safe though, just stranded, as is the whole community. over 100mm in last 4 hours.

It's crazy, I've never had to drive through water like this before, just to pick my kids up from school (unanderra). Sorry to hear you are stranded but as long as everyone's safe!

My SIL's new build is completed and has a roof leak- so I guess for those with a roof it's a good test!
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4

Thanks.

It's crazy, I've never had to drive through water like this before, just to pick my kids up from school (unanderra). Sorry to hear you are stranded but as long as everyone's safe!

My SIL's new build is completed and has a roof leak- so I guess for those with a roof it's a good test!

Oh no!!! Glad you guys are safe but I didn't realise it was so bad down south!!!

Yeah well we found our problems!!! (Mostly due to cracked tiles from the hail...) but I can tell today it hasn't been fixed yet

Not good Mrs L! Bit of a worry that the roof tiles can't stand up to hail

Hope they get it sorted asap!

MandM+4

Haha well it's actually not that bad compared to everyone else's!!!! Given that our area in particular got hammered... (That's the area that was shown on the news a few weeks ago) I'm amazed it held up as well as it did!

This was a random door out the back the day after it happened

Yes those holes are from the hail! Insane!!

MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4

Haha well it's actually not that bad compared to everyone else's!!!! Given that our area in particular got hammered... (That's the area that was shown on the news a few weeks ago) I'm amazed it held up as well as it did!

Wow!!!!
MandM+4
MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4

Wow!!!!

Whooaaa that is some decent hail.
At least the damage will be fixed nice and quickly and not too much dage. But still...not something that u want to see on a new build.

Rain subsiding down here now, flooding roads clearing, about to try and make it home.
wow those are some big rocks..
MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4

Gosh! The hailstones must have been massive to make those holes... Fingers crossed that our tiles withstand all this in the future...

Clicks from this week. Pretty much all complete inside. The Driveway is not done yet due to rain. It was originally due 2 weeks ago and with the rain seems like will be delayed by couple of weeks more.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum